Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next 1000 Liberty Caravan  (Read 11646 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Next 1000 Liberty Caravan
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »

I will laugh heartilly when the next 1000 caravan comes and they are welcomed as part of the first 1000

I think you could poll the various forums and groups and random gatherings of Free-Staters, and easily add up 164 who moved without notifying the FSP, or moved without even joining the FSP. I'm not the only one who thinks the "official movers" counter is at least 20% low.

i dunno if there are 164  that seems like a really high number.
Maybe 30-50... (I have talked to soooo many people and got them to sign up and change their status here in NH... plus I can think of at least 20 people who move to NH, changed their status to NH..... and then moved out.... and I then pestered them to change their status to outside of NH and they didn't)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 02:26:05 pm »

I will laugh heartilly when the next 1000 caravan comes and they are welcomed as part of the first 1000

Maybe. The mover count seems to be moving quickly enough that it might reach 1000 before Sep 2011.

Besides, it's good to have something to laugh about, with all the bad news out there.

If it happens, I'll laugh with you, but I'll BE LAUGHING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

FreeStyle

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:23 am »

I like that idea.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 12:45:18 am »

Most estimates I've heard for the number who've moved but never signed up run around 200-500, and a few have suggested maybe more.  I've run into people who moved after hearing of the FSP while campaigning both in Manch and Seabrook, so it's plausible that over a thousand have moved that we don't know about or didn't sign up.

For that matter, maybe we need to call Next 1,000 the Third Thou'.

Seriously, the Next 1,000 needs support from folks.  Call up radio stations, write letters to the editor, email your friends, and remind folks who are about to move (or have just moved) that this is a worthwhile effort.  These two counters are critical to getting new folks to move in.  Many have sat on the fence and simply declared this project hopeless.  Others sign on for the 20,000 SOI, but then lose interest as the Main Counter slowly creeps up.

If we want to see this caravan effort work, we have to build up the groundwork and get people to commit to the move--by September of next year.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:52 am »

(A few folks said that they would not do anything for the Next 1,000 until all of the First 1,000 movers had made it in.)

This seems like a counter-productive attitude to take (pun not intended  ;)), since I find it very useful to have a pledge with a specific deadline with number of people agreeing to that deadline easily visible on the internet (whether or not we ever reach the goal for number of signers).

Insisting on all the first 1000 moving first is guaranteeing a second 1000 pledge would never happen. I will go out on a limb and say I agree, there will NEVER be a point in time at which 100% of the first 1000 pledge signers have moved - if by some remotely unlikely scenario it happens, it will be too late for a next 1000 pledge to be useful.

Therefore, by taking that attitude, a person is expecting the first phase to operate perfectly before allowing a second phase to even exist. Ridiculous. You might be able to wait until 1000 people have moved, but they won't all be signers of the First 1000 pledge, but I don't see the point of even that except an obsession with mathematical precision, not really practical when it comes to human interactions. And I say this as a person who loves math! :)

And if two or three hundred of the First 1K NEVER make the move, does that mean that we have to give up the project altogether?  Does that mean that we can never have a second thousand?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:45 am »

(A few folks said that they would not do anything for the Next 1,000 until all of the First 1,000 movers had made it in.)

This seems like a counter-productive attitude to take (pun not intended  ;)), since I find it very useful to have a pledge with a specific deadline with number of people agreeing to that deadline easily visible on the internet (whether or not we ever reach the goal for number of signers).

Insisting on all the first 1000 moving first is guaranteeing a second 1000 pledge would never happen. I will go out on a limb and say I agree, there will NEVER be a point in time at which 100% of the first 1000 pledge signers have moved - if by some remotely unlikely scenario it happens, it will be too late for a next 1000 pledge to be useful.

Therefore, by taking that attitude, a person is expecting the first phase to operate perfectly before allowing a second phase to even exist. Ridiculous. You might be able to wait until 1000 people have moved, but they won't all be signers of the First 1000 pledge, but I don't see the point of even that except an obsession with mathematical precision, not really practical when it comes to human interactions. And I say this as a person who loves math! :)

And if two or three hundred of the First 1K NEVER make the move, does that mean that we have to give up the project altogether?  Does that mean that we can never have a second thousand?

no but it could have been planned better.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 08:28:44 am »

Most estimates I've heard for the number who've moved but never signed up run around 200-500, and a few have suggested maybe more.  I've run into people who moved after hearing of the FSP while campaigning both in Manch and Seabrook, so it's plausible that over a thousand have moved that we don't know about or didn't sign up.

that is way way way high.
If we had another 500 we would see more volunteers on some campaigns.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 10:47:53 pm »

Hmmmmm...  I meet a lot more people who are interested in the project than folks who are actually going out and doing stuff.

Literally, I meet people everywhere who have told me that they moved here because they heard about the FSP.  They are only here because of the FSP, but they haven't signed up for anything.

Since the don't sign up or get onto the fora, they never really have an opportunity to find out about our weekly meetups, so you don't see those folks.  If I HAD to guess, I would put the figure at around 1,000.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 03:13:29 pm »

The caravan is now less than a year away. I encourage anyone who is considering being part of this caravan to RSVP on the facebook page as a maybe, I have one maybe so far. This will help me in planning a route (next year, I'm not worrying about a route this far out time-wise from the caravan).

Also if there any events going on that will be right after the caravan arrives, I would like to use those to promote the caravan as well. My intended arrival date in NH is about Sep 19 or 20 - is there anything planned for that time frame?

Does anyone do anything on Sep 20th (9-20)?

Thanks.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 10:59:28 pm »

Taproom Tuesday (Manchester) and Wicked Wednesday (La Festa's in Dover) are always good, and they go every week.  There's a smaller meetup on Saturdays at 2pm in Hampton Falls.

BTW, I'm planning on starting another ad run right after the primary on Tuesday.  I'm going to do as much as I can when I get some free time.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:06 am »

Where are you advertising, Max? What is the cost?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:36 am »

Ridley report, ridleyreport.com, Free Talk Live (site and radio), porcmanor.com, freestatenow.com, etc

I have also convinced a few other folks to put the pledgebank.com/Next1000 link in their forum and email signatures.  The more folks who do this, the more exposure you get.  This is a relatively simple thing that folks who are out of state can do to help get folks here by the end of next year, so that we can do some real good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up