Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I found a picture-perfect NH town  (Read 5432 times)

FreeStyle

Re: I found a picture-perfect NH town
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:58 am »

you should move to that community and 'take over' as in meaning to push YOUR agenda, because the wonderful community full of people who have no problem with stealing your money to pay for the things they want in life don't have a monopoly on the way things go.  You can be both a part of your community, and improve it based on your standards. 

quite frankly, if you choose to get people into that community in order to get rid of the public screwels, lower/end taxes, and get rid of ridiculous laws that harm innocent peaceful people then you are doing them a favor.  They can then choose to re-enact those items based on voluntary interactions. . .

ie- the gravy train is ended.  You should not be forced to pay for items and services that you don't wish to, and if that is 'taking over' then by all means, go for it.  After all, these community members sure seem to love their 'monopoly rules' ideas.   Perhaps they'd change their minds if faced with the majority of people choosing to no longer do business AT THE POINT OF A GUN.  Perhaps then the little old ladies and families can have the things the want, and also take the responsibility for paying for them by their lonesome.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 01:24:15 am »

Its because YOUR property is protected by the collective at a POINT OF A GUN. Property Rights aren't natural.

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:28 am »

Property Rights aren't natural.

Please tell that to my 3 year old. As far as he's concerned, everything belongs to him.

As to the 18% vs 1.8% or whatever, I got it from here: http://www.jacksonteamre.com/images/2009taxrates.pdf

So long as it's a consistant error, they're still comparable.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

antistate1190

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:06:13 am »

Its because YOUR property is protected by the collective at a POINT OF A GUN. Property Rights aren't natural.

Yes maybe in Proudhon or Marx's world they are not. But if I LEGALLY PAID for a piece of property it is MINE. Without property rights there is NO LIBERTY. How can you think that and be part of a libertarian movement? Get all your mutualist-proudhonian buddies to leave NH and move to a state that doesn't beleive in property rights like Illinois.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »

No. In the Real World. You purchased your property from a chain of people... with the first most likely acquiring it by grant.
For instance: You don't think that if China were to conquer the United States that you could simply give a Chinese official your deed and lay claim to the property... or do you?

Oh, by the way... I was born here. My family was here when it was the New France Colony... and my ancestors watched property rights taken by a gun.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:10:23 pm by John Edward Mercier »

antistate1190

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 04:41:36 pm »

No. In the Real World. You purchased your property from a chain of people... with the first most likely acquiring it by grant.
For instance: You don't think that if China were to conquer the United States that you could simply give a Chinese official your deed and lay claim to the property... or do you?

Oh, by the way... I was born here. My family was here when it was the New France Colony... and my ancestors watched property rights taken by a gun.

So why do you hate private property? Why is it wrong to own property? I know you drink a lot of mutualist proto-marxist kool aid (no offense) but how does private property ownership lead to force? Have you read Mises and Rothbard's views on the topic?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 10:28:08 pm »

Mutualism and Marx aren't in the same group. Marx theorized communism.
Mutualism doesn't actually deal with land.

Mutualism deals with how open competition affects pricing, and thus profit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up