Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning hikes. none on Thursday?  (Read 9771 times)

Kamekazi Seagull

Morning hikes. none on Thursday?
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:16:50 am »

So how are these moderate morning hikes I see on the schedule.  How far from Roger's are the hikes taking place?  Whats the mileage and elevation gain we're looking at?  I'm sure I'll have no problem, but I just want to get a rough idea of what to expect.

I see there's no hiking taking place on Thursday morning.  I'm up to join anybody that wants to lead a hike that day.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Morning hikes. none on Thursday?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:14 am »

I am 90% sure that this is a hike on Thursday morning.. (at least someone told me that there was and I plan on going Thursday am)

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:59 am »

Hmmm don't see it on the schedule  ???

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 08:57:43 am »

Hmmm don't see it on the schedule  ???
don't think it is 'official' just some people going hiking.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »

Nothing official for Thursday.  You'll have to just do it yourselves.  Not sure how best to advertise it.  Maybe get it on SovCurtis' PF2010 agenda.  The campground office can recommend nearby trails.
The hikes will not be overly challenging.  Depends on your fitness level, of course.  Elevation gain will probably be b/t 500-1,000' .  Trail is less than 20 minutes from Roger's.  Actually hiking will be 60-90 minutes, depending on the group's desires.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »

I was thinking I might do a little bit of the hike one of those days - I doubt I would make it through the whole thing, so I was thinking of going maybe 10-15 minutes into the hike and then turning back. It's still going to be pretty, provided it isn't raining so hard as to obscure visibility, and I plan to take my camera so we might even slow down a bit. If anyone else wants me to join me on the return trek (that is - anyone who wouldn't be doing the whole hike - I am not suggesting that anyone who wanted to do the whole hike do this), that would be nice - I hate to walk back by myself. We could call it the easy hike, or the Division 2 hike. I'm not good with coming up with catchy names for things, any suggestions?

(I was going to seriously suggest the name the Fat club, or the Fat part of the Fit or Fat name which was the name of a health book I think, but I realized that isn't a very nice name to give other people (it would have to assumed voluntarily by each person in order to be even remotely polite), and would exclude people who are unable to do the whole hike for other reasons besides carrying some extra pounds, as well as those people who are "in the closet" about their problem - I mean it is hard to hide that sort of thing but a lot of people have a hard time admitting they suffer from this particular affliction. Just a note - I am not saying obesity is the sufferer's fault, although it can be).

I think there is definitely an element of personal responsibility in my case as I eat a lot and don't exercise much - lately I haven't had the energy too, but I have ordered some NatureBee and have hope for improvement in that regard. My father had this issue, obesity, and my sister does as well (and she never ate nearly as much as me growing up, so it may be genetic too). However two of my brothers are very thin, one of them eating a radical raw food vegetarian diet, the other is just mostly vegetarian like I used to be. My third brother is somewhere in the middle, I think.

If I do join the hike for the beginning, I would have to get a sub if I am showing a DVD at Alt Expo from 8-10, so this is all up in the air anyway.
However I might cancel one of the morning showings if people want to do an easy, shorter hike.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

MengerFan

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 01:13:04 am »

You can hike over to Red Cabin (Hammer and Sickle/CAI) for a morning beer.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:35 am »

You can hike over to Red Cabin (Hammer and Sickle/CAI) for a morning beer.

Now that's my kind of hike!
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 05:58:57 pm »

Trail is less than 20 minutes from Roger's.  Actually hiking will be 60-90 minutes, depending on the group's desires.

Is that 20 minutes by car or on foot? 

BTW, if anybody is going on Thursday morning thats knows the trails please PM me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up