Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Motorcycle riders?  (Read 10606 times)

JamesButabi

Any Motorcycle riders?
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »

Me and my friend are coming up from Rhode Island and are debating on trailoring our bikes up and doing a little riding through the mountains.   Any other riders out there?   

creaganlios

Re: Any Motorcycle riders?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »

YUP!

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:00 pm »

Oh, yeah !!  But, I'm thinking that 8+ hours one way on a bike is a little much for my old a$$.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Flagg714

• Need to move soon--SC is strangling me!!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:30:38 am »

Would be over 20+ hours on my bike--i wanna go but my fat behind would fall off after a 20 hour ride-lol---have to figure something else out

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:08:24 pm »

I'll be riding up from NJ on my BMW R75/5.  The riding in NH (and VT) is great.  A nice loop through the White Mountains from Lancaster is: down 3 through Franconia Notch, East on the Kancamagus, up Bear Notch Rd., East on 302, North on 16, maybe stop for a trip up Mt. Washington (if you're not scared of sheer drop offs and cold weather), and back West on 2 to Roger's.  Come by our site and say hi; I won't tease you (too much) about trailering up from RI. 

I read somewhere that NH has the highest proportion of motorcycle registrations per capita in the U.S.  You'll see a lot of bikes.

Me and my friend are coming up from Rhode Island and are debating on trailoring our bikes up and doing a little riding through the mountains.   Any other riders out there?   

langloisandy

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 08:37:57 am »

Long time BMW rider here.... I am taking the truck to the 'fest but have alerted a few other BMW riders to stop in, visit, camp...

Andy

JamesButabi

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »

I'll be riding up from NJ on my BMW R75/5.  The riding in NH (and VT) is great.  A nice loop through the White Mountains from Lancaster is: down 3 through Franconia Notch, East on the Kancamagus, up Bear Notch Rd., East on 302, North on 16, maybe stop for a trip up Mt. Washington (if you're not scared of sheer drop offs and cold weather), and back West on 2 to Roger's.  Come by our site and say hi; I won't tease you (too much) about trailering up from RI. 

I read somewhere that NH has the highest proportion of motorcycle registrations per capita in the U.S.  You'll see a lot of bikes.

Ive done the Kancamagus / bear notch in my car and thats exactly what I was thinking.  Il be riding a stretched GSXR so not exactly the most comfortable bike for journeying :p.   

If anyone wants to hook up for a day of riding be sure to post!

FreeStyle

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 08:00:09 am »

I  went up to Kanc Freedom Fest, Laconia Bike Week to take pictures.  Maybe you made the cut or at least saw the fat guy on the side of the mountain taking pictures of riders. 

I don't even have a bike.  .  . yet.  But when I do I want to start a Free Stater Biker Gan--Club.

BikerBill

• Adventures in the Free State
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 11:23:54 am »

http://groups.google.com/group/fsp-bikers

Not terribly active. Yet. I have some related hearing video here, just btw...

lordpoee

• Murray Computer Science Group
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »

Motorcycles are my life man, the only time I truly feel at peace is somewhere around 75 to 80 MPH on something with at least 750cc under it. Had to sell mine to pay rent :(

FreeStyle

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:39 pm »

I really would love to get a bike, but maybe after my wedding and paying the house off.  First thing's first then toys. 

When I do, I plan on getting a big black leather vest (a big one) and putting a big porcupine on the back.  FREE STATE MOTORCYCLE CLUB!

lordpoee

• Murray Computer Science Group
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 12:55:49 am »

I really would love to get a bike, but maybe after my wedding and paying the house off.  First thing's first then toys. 

When I do, I plan on getting a big black leather vest (a big one) and putting a big porcupine on the back.  FREE STATE MOTORCYCLE CLUB!

That sounds like a good concept for an MC man.

creaganlios

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 07:34:05 am »

My Bike cost me $500.  I use it to drive 60 miles round trip to work and back every day.I get 60 mpg. My annual insurance is $75.  I have no other vehicle (my partner uses a car for work every day during the week).

Rather than being a 'toy,' its an extremely cost-effective mode of transportation....that will help you save money to pay off other bills :-)  And your first bike should not be a big, bad-ass, expernsive toy anyway - it should ALWAYS be an older, smaller model that helps you get 'into riding' before you go big.

I say, get your license, ditch your car, and get your bike NOW....and let's get that Porc Riders Club Logo designed.....

lobstah

• FSP Participant
    • my music
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:24 am »

i'm too much of a pansy to get on one of those things  :-[

slayerboy

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 10:56:09 am »

I would love to ride a motorcycle.  Unfortunately I have serious balance issues.  I took the Motorcycle Safety course at the local community college and ended up being a danger to the class lol.

I'm working saving up for a trike, but in all honesty I don't think I'll get one with the way the economy is right now on top of me saving for the move to NH.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything