Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chili Guy needs a site to share  (Read 7856 times)

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
Chili Guy needs a site to share
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:06:28 am »

I was resigned to missing another year, but Lisa has decided that whether we can afford it or not, we need to get out of Jersey for a few days for the sake of our sanity.  As we don't have any working credit cards, we can't make reservations with the campground.  Everything on a cash basis.  It'll be two adults, one tent, one vehicle.  Rumor has it that I can cook, and will cheerfully do so for site-mates.  Electricity and/or water not essential though convenient.

Lisa would like it even better if we could share a motel room, but at this late date I'm not optimistic on that concept.

We'll actually be in New Hampshire a few days before Porcfest, stopping in Manchester on the way to visit Mom and in the southern Lakes Region to scout possible restaurant locations.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Re: Chili Guy needs a site to share
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »

I was resigned to missing another year, but Lisa has decided that whether we can afford it or not, we need to get out of Jersey for a few days for the sake of our sanity.  As we don't have any working credit cards, we can't make reservations with the campground.  Everything on a cash basis.  It'll be two adults, one tent, one vehicle.  Rumor has it that I can cook, and will cheerfully do so for site-mates.  Electricity and/or water not essential though convenient.

Lisa would like it even better if we could share a motel room, but at this late date I'm not optimistic on that concept.

We'll actually be in New Hampshire a few days before Porcfest, stopping in Manchester on the way to visit Mom and in the southern Lakes Region to scout possible restaurant locations.

The only sites available now are RV sites. I believe they all have water and electric.

I reserved my site with a debit card.

Which nights will you be there?

I have room for 1 tent and 2 adults on my site, if you want to split the cost 4 ways and take care of the $5/night per person the campground asks for the 3rd and 4th person. Other people might have a better deal. I have my site from Wed to Sat nights. It is back on the 8th row of the RV section so should be quiet (pro) and quite a walk to everything (con).
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »

The only sites available now are RV sites. I believe they all have water and electric.

I reserved my site with a debit card.

Which nights will you be there?

I have room for 1 tent and 2 adults on my site, if you want to split the cost 4 ways and take care of the $5/night per person the campground asks for the 3rd and 4th person. Other people might have a better deal. I have my site from Wed to Sat nights. It is back on the 8th row of the RV section so should be quiet (pro) and quite a walk to everything (con).

Definitely Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, very probably Wednesday night.  If we get there before then, I suspect there may be sites available that we can transfer from.

You've got yourself a deal.
--

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

sailgersor

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »

And he has a suprise for everybody!!!!!!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:51:07 pm »

A surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

10stateswithnh

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:41:22 am »

Ooh, I love surprises!

At least that's what the next person is supposed to say.
 :D
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:47 am »

It'll only be a surprise to them as have met me before, and I missed the last two Porcfests.

Anybody meeting me for the first time will wonder what Lisa's making such a fuss about.

My hair and beard are not what they were.
--

sailgersor

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »

No more dental floss in the chili or anything else he cooks for me!    Lisa

jodyu

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:20 pm »

We have a site available. Rogers wouldn't let me cancel, or rather, they wouldn't refund my money at this late date, so cash works for me. :)  We got a different site, so we will be there.

It's site #101. There's a canopy and water, but no electric. It's available Thurs-Sun (3 nights). I paid something like $125 for the three days. Let me know if you'd like it.

-Jody

10stateswithnh

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »

I'm sure you'll get some takers. I assume you're talking about tent site 101, not the RV site. If someone is concerned about the distance, I just want to say this. If it helps, I think your site is about the same distance, on average, from the events as a lot of the RV sites, including mine, 127. You're closer to the Alt Expo and Savannah Last Biscuit, much closer to the BBG Dance Party, and also to the Vermont movie nights and the Free Keene Zone, and about the same distance to the bingo hall. I am closer to the Agora Alley, Arcade and TV room, and Picnic Pavilion.

Ward and Lisa will be staying at my site, but hopefully there will be other people still looking for a place, even if they just show up at PF. If you charge them less than what you paid I think you'll get some takers.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1]   Go Up