Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which of these videos interest you and what times are good for you?

Dave Ramsey
- 2 (13.3%)
Jim Phillips
- 3 (20%)
Not interested in either of those videos.
- 2 (13.3%)
5-7 pm Wed
- 2 (13.3%)
7-9 pm Wed
- 3 (20%)
10:30 pm-12:30 am Wed-Thurs
- 1 (6.7%)
12:30 am - 2:30 am Thurs morning (Wed night)
- 1 (6.7%)
None of those times are good for me, but I am interested.
- 0 (0%)
Unfortunately I can't attend Porcfest.
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 21, 2010, 09:13:43 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Educational Videos at Alt Expo  (Read 11270 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Educational Videos at Alt Expo
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:13:43 am »

I am tentatively planning to do an event Wednesday, June 23rd, the night before Porcfest officially starts, and would like to see how much interest there is for it, and how many people are available at the different times it might happen.

I am calling it Educational Video night. I have 2 videos I would like to show.

If Free Talk Live does not come up and broadcast their show Wed night, then we may have access to the TV room from 5-9 pm (my preferred time slot). It does conflict with Rocco's talent show. If they come the event would have to be pushed back to start at 10:30 at night. This only conflicts with the Bonfire but would probably be too late for some of you.

The first video is on the subject of debt freedom, starring Dave Ramsey, who has a big national radio talk show on financial advice. The video is 1 hr 35 minutes long, and he debunks a bunch of myths about debt, and then outlines his plan for getting out of debt. I have been following his program, will be done in a few months, and really want to share this information with people.

The second video is basically a slide show on survivalism and 72-hour kits (he prefers the term Evac-Pak), narrated by Jim Phillips. This guy is really expert on cold weather survival and is passionate about understanding how survival supplies really work, only recommends stuff he has used. I've met him and taken classes from him - he really knows his stuff. This video is about 2 hours long.

Update June 18th:
Poll has been locked.
Third video being added about herbal medicine.

This event is being changed to Thurs-Fri-Sat nights 7-9 pm at the Alt Expo tent. If this doesn't work for anyone please contact me offline.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:47:05 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Tentative Wed night event, Educational Video Night
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:00:00 pm »

I am tentatively planning to do an event Wednesday, June 23rd, the night before Porcfest officially starts, and would like to see how much interest there is for it, and how many people are available at the different times it might happen.

I am calling it Educational Video night. I have 2 videos I would like to show.

If Free Talk Live does not come up and broadcast their show Wed night, then we may have access to the TV room from 5-9 pm (my preferred time slot). It does conflict with Rocco's talent show. If they come the event would have to be pushed back to start at 10:30 at night. This only conflicts with the Bonfire but would probably be too late for some of you.

No, you'll also be competing with "Ladies' Night Karaoke party"
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

10stateswithnh

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:08:42 pm »

My bad, I must have missed seeing that one.

The karaoke event and the bonfire are both from 9-12. Of the 4 possible 2-hour time slots in my poll, those other 2 Wed night events only conflict with the 10:30-12:30 slot for the movie. I have 3 other time slots, 4 if I can still do the Thurs late night movie which Curtis discussed with me earlier.

If you are interested in either of these movies, and can do any of the 4-5 times in my poll, please vote. Other people are of course welcome to vote as well, that's why I included options for you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:35:01 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:42:53 am »

So far I've only had 1 person vote who was interested in either of my videos.

I would consider it a really big favor if you would please read my poll and vote if you haven't done so yet.

Thanx.

PS - Sorry Thursday is out. Wednesday night is it for a formal event, but if you have access to a laptop computer or portable DVD player and want me to bring the disks over to your site sometime, that would be an option too. Just post or PM me.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:00:26 pm »

So far I've only had 1 person vote who was interested in either of my videos.

I would consider it a really big favor if you would please read my poll and vote if you haven't done so yet.

Thanx.

PS - Sorry Thursday is out. Wednesday night is it for a formal event, but if you have access to a laptop computer or portable DVD player and want me to bring the disks over to your site sometime, that would be an option too. Just post or PM me.

Have you heard of the Alt Expo?  It pretty much happens at every Porcfest and Liberty Forum and has for years.  Often times, the more niche events happen at it.  It is pretty late to attempt to organize anything but maybe there is room for your event at the Alt Expo?

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=20891.msg324096#msg324096

10stateswithnh

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »

I'm already looking into that for another video I would like to show.

I think I'm going to try to stick with Wed for these 2, they're not exactly alternative topics. Even if only a couple of people come, I think it would be fun to watch them on a big screen.

My other video is definitely more of alternative topic, it's alternative medicine. You do have a point about the niche, though. I'll contact somebody and see what they say. I guess I want to explore all options, though it is kind of late to be changing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:28:23 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »

I know the poll is set to go until Monday. But someone needs help with a ride Wed evening to Lancaster. If I don't get more interest, by this Friday, for the early times Wed night, I will probably push the event back until later that evening. I'm thinking 8 or 9 o'clock, 10:30 still if FTL comes up Wed. I'm also looking into just having it be part of the Alt Expo, although I've kind of waited till the last minute to ask - we'll see what happens.
Hopefully I will have an update tomorrow.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:01 pm »

It is likely this event will become part of the AltExpo schedule. Jack has offered me to show one of my videos each night from Thurs - Sat, from 7 to 9 pm. I am trying to get a morning time as well so that I can show each of my 3 videos twice. That way, hopefully, some of those who have other plans those three evenings can still see these videos.

So far only 2 people have shown interest on this forum- I am not sure that setting up the TV room makes sense under the circumstances.

I will post again later today, hopefully I can be more definite by then.

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 05:23:44 pm »

So far I still have only 2 takers, both of whom are available from 7-9, and 1 from 5-7. Are you both able to attend this event if I move it to another night, and in the AltExpo tent, from 7-9?

I am going to cancel this event for Wed so I can give a couple of people a ride up from Manchester at 5. If you cannot do this any other day, please PM me and we will see what we can work out.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 05:01:02 pm »

Jack Shimek and I arranged for me to manage the movie viewing at Alt Expo. Either myself or other volunteers will be there from 7 pm to as late as people want to stay up, watching alternative topic videos. I am bringing several DVDs, Jack has a catalog, and other people are welcome to bring their own as well. I am trying to find out from Dan what DVD/video formats we can use.

My Dvd's will be shown from 7-9 pm each evening starting Thursday and then the equipment will be available for other movies people want to watch. I may also show something from 8-10 am if anyone is up and wants to watch them.

I should be there in the evenings regularly, starting Wed around 8-9 pm.

You can post here or on NHUnderground or private message me on either forum, up until Monday about 7 pm Eastern time (5 pm my time in Utah). After that until I arrive, Jack has my cell phone number. I really don't want to post it in an open forum but if you are planning to show videos and need to contact me between Mon evening and Wed evening you can ask me in a PM.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 07:24:18 pm »

You can also email me movie suggestions (for something you are bringing!) at video@AltExpo.org. Jack will forward these to me. Hopefully I will have a way of accessing email on someone's computer at PF, otherwise the last time I will be reading my email is about noon on Tuesday. If you do email me please include Alt Expo or Porcfest in the subject line, otherwise I may accidentally delete it with my junk mail.

I am thinking of bringing the movie Gandhi for anyone who wants to see it. It is over 3 hours, but is an impressive movie telling a real-life story with a massive civil disobedience that achieves something (unfortunately the people of India set up a new state instead of a voluntary society) and there is some violence in it as well, but I highly recommend it for anyone who wants some civil disobedience inspiration.

Update, June 20th: I just changed the name of this thread to reflect the more recent plans for showing these videos.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:48:17 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

Re: Educational Videos at Alt Expo
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »

Evidently changing the subject of the first post changes the thread name but the old name still shows up on the subject line of the following posts. How to fix?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything