Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Janeway Has Decided Not to Seek Re-Election  (Read 2050 times)

anon37268573

• First1000
Janeway Has Decided Not to Seek Re-Election
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:30:03 pm »

State Senator Harold Janeway has decided not to seek re-election.  He was rated 'D-' by the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance:  http://www.nhliberty.org/

Eleven Senators rated 'D-' remain.  No Senators rated 'F' remain.  And, one Senator rated 'CT' (Constitutional Threat) remains.

Big thanks to all the Free Staters currently holding, or running for, office!

Gov. Lynch, issued the following gender bending statement:

http://www.governor.nh.gov/media/news/2010/060910-janeway.htm

Press Release
For Immediate Release
June 4, 2010    Contact:
Communications Director
Office of the Governor
603-271-2121

Governor Lynch Statement Regarding State Senator Janeway’s Decision Not To Seek Re–Election

"Harold Janeway used his keen intellect and fiscal management expertise to help make progress on important issues, including the state budget and reforming the retirement system. He has also been a strong leader on initiatives to protect New Hampshire’s environment and quality of life, such as promoting renewable energy.

"I want to thank him for his service and commitment to her constituents and to the State of New Hampshire. I wish her all the best."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Re: Janeway Has Decided Not to Seek Re-Election
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:07 am »

Governor Lynch Statement Regarding State Senator Janeway’s Decision Not To Seek Re–Election

"Harold Janeway used his keen intellect and fiscal management expertise to help make progress on important issues, including the state budget and reforming the retirement system. He has also been a strong leader on initiatives to protect New Hampshire’s environment and quality of life, such as promoting renewable energy.

"I want to thank him for his service and commitment to her constituents and to the State of New Hampshire. I wish her all the best."

That's very funny - I suppose the governor is a Trekkie. He must have forgot in the middle of his sentence which Janeway he was talking about - the male, really-existing retiring state senator, or the female, fictional Captain in the Star Trek series Voyager (and Admiral in the 4th and final Next Generation cast Star Trek movie, Nemesis).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:30:13 am by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!
Pages: [1]   Go Up