Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying visit  (Read 3696 times)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
Flying visit
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:55 am »

The wife and I will be swinging by for a flying visit in a few weeks to get a feel for a few places prior to a move as soon as my papers come through. Will be arriving Monday 31st (Keene), checking out Concord lunchtime on Tuesday, Manchester in the evening, Portsmouth on Wednesday and Nashua on Thursday.

Will already be stopping by for Taproom Tuesday's to meet a few porc's but was curious if there is anything else going on that would be a good opportunity to meet people and/or places in the towns we should check out as a priority.

freedomroad

Re: Flying visit
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:02:54 am »

You know about this, right?
http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/

Wednesday in Dover
http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/cgi-bin/calendar.pl?calendar=default&view=Event&event_id=24

Your trip is planned so that you miss or skip the social activities in Keene, Winchester, the Upper Valley area and Nashua.

If you want to look around Keene for a bit on Monday, let me know.  I can take you on a very short hike as long as it isn't raining and give you some tips.  Also, if you post on the Free Keene Forum, an early dinner meetup could likely be arranged where at least a few people from the area meet with you.

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:00:10 pm »

The subject line made me wonder if you'd be landing anywhere. ;D
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:25:21 pm »

I could possibly meet you in Concord Tuesday if you need/want a guide.

(all depends on what tuesday)

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:09:56 pm »

Will be arriving Monday 31st (Keene), checking out Concord lunchtime on Tuesday, Manchester in the evening, Portsmouth on Wednesday and Nashua on Thursday.

One would assume June 1st?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

Will be arriving Monday 31st (Keene), checking out Concord lunchtime on Tuesday, Manchester in the evening, Portsmouth on Wednesday and Nashua on Thursday.

One would assume June 1st?
D'oh reading is tough for me.. :) :o

Ok then I won't be here that day.   :-\

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 11:26:58 am »

Thanks for the offers of tours for those who offered here and on IRC but we are sorted on that front already, walking randomly around has worked well in the past so will be repeating this tactic. We will definitely be at the taproom on Tuesday 1st though so looking forward to finally meeting a few of you then.

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:54 pm »

Thanks for the offers of tours for those who offered here and on IRC but we are sorted on that front already, walking randomly around has worked well in the past so will be repeating this tactic. We will definitely be at the taproom on Tuesday 1st though so looking forward to finally meeting a few of you then.

If you were already planning on being in the Seacoast on Wednesday, I second the recommendation to stop by La Festa in Dover on Wednesday evening for our weekly social meetup: http://www.meetup.com/nhseacoastliberty/.  Dover is quite close to Portsmouth -- about 15 minutes away -- and has a pretty nice "main street" (Central Avenue, where you'll find La Festa) for walking randomly around.  Hopefully we'll see you there.  :)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 10:00:32 pm »

We are in Keene right now, heading a little north to find a nice spot for lunch tommorow and to do a bit of antiquing.

Hopefully see some people at taproom tommorow and in Dover on Wed, if you hear a random British guy sporting flipflops and shorts say hello :-)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 09:21:42 am »

Although we managed to completely miss meeting any of you I think the wifeo is now convinced. We are split between Portsmouth, Exeter, Hampton and Seacoast right now but will be back in the fall house hunting so i'm sure we will decide then :)