Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food Vendors  (Read 9452 times)

ny2nh

Re: Food Vendors
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 06:46:45 am »

Any vendors gonna be serving up breakfast?  I'm looking at my itinerary and I'm wondering where I'll be eating the most important meal of the day.  I don't think the hotel rooms have fridges, otherwise I'd stock some milk and do cereal.

The campground has a small restaurant that serves breakfast if all else fails.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:27 am »

Savannah Last Biscuit will be DELIVERING THEIR INCREDIBLE FOOD (at great prices) TO YOUR CAMPSITE/ROOM/ETC!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

libertango

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:45 am »

Awesome!  So is there a listing of people/enterprises selling food at PorcFest?  It would be nice if there were a central location to find out about all the food offerings/a place for food people to advertise.  If not, I may have to make one...

-Libertango

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 09:45:29 am »

Awesome!  So is there a listing of people/enterprises selling food at PorcFest?  It would be nice if there were a central location to find out about all the food offerings/a place for food people to advertise.  If not, I may have to make one...

-Libertango

Most independent food vendors will be located in Agora Alley. Those outside of AA have been given the opportunity to advertise their site on The Map.

They can also leverage any other form of promotion available freely (social network sites). They can also pay to have a flier put into the bags (5x the cost of advertising on the map).
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

libertango

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:54 am »

Cool, thanks for the info. 

So I'm getting extremely excited about this PorcFest.  This is beginning to feel like Monopoly, where crazy deals are made and extremely tricky contracts filled with loopholes are negotiated..."if you give me broadway, you won't ever have to pay rent on that square, and I'll give you 200 dollars every time you roll an 11, plus I'll throw in this bag of skittles for good measure."  I LOVE IT!  ;D

-Libertango

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 08:24:58 pm »

I hear there's gonna be some good cookin' going on at spot #12 at Mandrik's Baklava and Gyro stand.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »

mmmmmmm...  Food Vendors
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 04:15:10 pm »

Cool, thanks for the info. 

So I'm getting extremely excited about this PorcFest.  This is beginning to feel like Monopoly, where crazy deals are made and extremely tricky contracts filled with loopholes are negotiated..."if you give me broadway, you won't ever have to pay rent on that square, and I'll give you 200 dollars every time you roll an 11, plus I'll throw in this bag of skittles for good measure."  I LOVE IT!  ;D

-Libertango

I love your example of a deal. I've personally never played Monopoly that way, but I wouldn't put it past my uncle and some of my cousins, who get very competitive in every game. My uncle used to win every game, long games in which they used more hotels than come in the game with like 5 on one property, and IOU's when they ran out of money.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 04:17:48 pm »

I've saved quite a bit to spend on buying prepared food at Porcfest - I'll probably buy a little at a store but that will just be my backup for when I'm too tired to go get something, or it's the middle of the night or something.

This will be exciting.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

libertango

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 07:05:09 pm »

haha, I can't believe you've never played monopoly that way; it makes the game at least 10x as fun  ;D  I will admit that I've never played a monopoly game that way when a contract wasn't honored.  I'll have to try it once to see how the dynamics change, and if we come up with "contract enforcers."   >:D

So the more I read about PorcFest, the more it starts to give me the feeling of an Asian street market.  I absolutely love Asian street markets.  It's so crazy with people setting up shop everywhere, selling things out of their shoe, and selling the most random stuff ever.  You'll see food next to ancient paintings, next to tattoos, next to industrial cooking equipment, next to a bicycle repair shop, next to somebody welding, and a few knick-knack shops thrown in for good measure.  It's such an exciting feeling of the free market at work.  I can't wait!  :D

-Libertango

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:51 am »

I always loved the stage ahead of time where players make up a bunch of random rules on their own.  You see how the game turns out differently with just slightly different restrictions.

The side agreements sometimes slowed the game down; and I was always surprised how one player would want a monopoly for herself, but didn't want to trade you the car that you needed to get yours.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:33 pm »

I've saved quite a bit to spend on buying prepared food at Porcfest - I'll probably buy a little at a store but that will just be my backup for when I'm too tired to go get something, or it's the middle of the night or something.

This will be exciting.

You should be able to get some GOOD food, LATE, from at least TWO different cooks (Savannah Last Biscuit, and the guy in the Bingo Hall)

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 08:42:10 pm »

is there a grocery store near Roger's in case of dwindling supplies? 

There's a Shaw's (?) grocery store in Lancaster ~4-5 miles away.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 09:09:48 pm »

is there a grocery store near Roger's in case of dwindling supplies? 

There's a Shaw's (?) grocery store in Lancaster ~4-5 miles away.

Shaw's is indeed the name of the chain, and ain't nearly that far -- 2.5 miles and damned near a straight line.  There's a big-ass Walmart over in Littleton and another supermarket (another Shaw's, I think, but with a better meat department than the one in Lancaster), unless they've closed since I was last there, the Porcfest before Gunstock).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up