Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I stay AFTER PorcFest?  (Read 14483 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Re: Where should I stay AFTER PorcFest?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »

I guess I should have realized that's what you meant. If you don't mind hanging out with a teetotaler I can go for the Monday night hangout (I'm going to be a real party pooper all week; I plan to carry around a bottle of soda all the time. Monday night I would be glad to serve as the designated driver). I'm used to sleeping at odd times, so I should be fine staying up late, hopefully. I might need a nap first, though.

How late does the nightlife in Manchester go, I wonder? I think it's only till 1 or 2 here in Utah (haven't really done it myself - this Porcfest will actually be my first time being around people who are drinking a lot - I used to look down on that a lot as a kid but I will have a better attitude about it now).

I sure hope you can get a ride on Wednesday - it would be a shame to have another rental car just sitting there for 4 days at the campground. If I don't get more interest for my Wed night event I might be able to hang around Manchester and bring you guys up, and push my event back. So far I have 1 person who wants to see one of my videos between 7 and 9 but maybe we can move that back a little.

A shame about the mismatch in times - we're both in NH for almost exactly 6 days, but you're 5-6 hours behind me on both ends.

Maybe I can do the Manchester touring with you Sunday as well.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:43 pm »

I guess I should have realized that's what you meant. If you don't mind hanging out with a teetotaler I can go for the Monday night hangout (I'm going to be a real party pooper all week; I plan to carry around a bottle of soda all the time. Monday night I would be glad to serve as the designated driver). I'm used to sleeping at odd times, so I should be fine staying up late, hopefully. I might need a nap first, though.

We drink, but not to the point of being in a state of drunkeness  :-X 
Seeing as that we're staying in Manchester, we might not even take a car and just walk it!

I sure hope you can get a ride on Wednesday - it would be a shame to have another rental car just sitting there for 4 days at the campground. If I don't get more interest for my Wed night event I might be able to hang around Manchester and bring you guys up, and push my event back. So far I have 1 person who wants to see one of my videos between 7 and 9 but maybe we can move that back a little.

Yeah it would be a shame to have a rental car idle for those days where we're at PorcFest.  Please keep me posted if you do happen to push your event back.  Either way, we're gonna wait till Friday to see what if we get any responses.

Maybe I can do the Manchester touring with you Sunday as well.

We probably going to tour Manchester on Sunday at around 02:00pm – 05:00pm, once we get settled in our motel room.  Yeah you're definitely welcome to join us.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:03:18 am by Junior Mint »

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 03:50:05 am »

Both Manchester and Portsmouth have a great nightlife going on, even if you don't drink.  I usually don't, because I'm the designated driver... so who gets to be the designated drinker?

If you're going to rent a car, I'd do it by the week and get something that seats quite a few people.  You might be able to score gas money from all those people wanting rides everywhere.

Also, I wouldn't plan things too rigidly from a distance.  As long as you know where you're resting your head at the end of the night, you should be able to plan things on the fly from here.

Wait till you find yourself playing MTG till 1am in Manch--then have to check out the seacoast at 8am.  Good times, brah.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 06:56:37 pm »

Good advice. I still need to find a place to crash Monday night in Manchester. I am hoping I can find something by talking to the people at PF, if nothing turns up on this forum or nhunderground forum before then.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up