Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MARC STEVENS' Adventures in Legal Land @ PorcFest!  (Read 5056 times)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
MARC STEVENS' Adventures in Legal Land @ PorcFest!
« on: May 09, 2010, 03:04:45 pm »

You'll learn the foundational information so you know and understand why asking questions is so effective. The most effective strategy and method to getting tyrants to leave you alone is to be non-confrontational and to destroy the facade the tyrant is putting up. We make it impossible for the tyrant to make the charade look good. It's very uncomfortable to contradict yourself in front of people who think you're a black-robed god.

Asking if there's evidence of a complaining party is effective, but much more so when you know why and can back it up. Judges can tell when you are not confident and will definitely do what they need to do to get you off-point. We go through a lot of information, including:

* The nature of government and of tyrants' "due process" procedures

* How to write and file motions, including appeals and stopping trials/hearings

* How to effectively cross-examine/question a witness to have him/her declared incompetent

* Why focusing on the witness's competency and the facts is more effective than raising legal arguments

* You'll also learn how to not only get IRS and other agents to admit they don't have any evidence or proof, but how to effectively follow-up and have them stop laughing.

This is the infamous IRS call where the agent laughs when he asserts he doesn't need proof. It's refreshing to see some honesty from the low level tyrants.

Admission is $70 per person. Each paid admission includes a criminal script and motion template we'll be using at the workshop, both sell separately for $25 each. We'll be working extensively with each and doing role-playing and mock trial proceedings.

MUST pre-sell 20 tickets by June 15th
Max is 40-50 tickets

Get your tickets today, and save!
http://porcfest10.eventbrite.com/
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: MARC STEVENS' Adventures in Legal Land @ PorcFest!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:28:55 am »

How do these people get to do these events?

Polemic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:28:17 am »

See thread re: notary courses.
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:31 am »

walk.

the campground is not that big.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:58:14 am »

I'm pretty sure I do not understand the question, but what the heck, lemme try answering it!

These people get to do these events because they own themselves, and trade something of perceived value (silly paper/digital "currency") for something they perceive has value (the Marc Stevens seminar).
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Polemic

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »

These people get to do these events because they own themselves, and trade something of perceived value (silly paper/digital "currency") for something they perceive has value (the Marc Stevens seminar).

I agree with your interesting note about value: perception is everything.
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:24:11 pm »

walk.

Not "get to". "Get to do". As in, "get these events on the 'official' program".

Indeed. There should be some free market competition here...

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:20 pm »

walk.

Not "get to". "Get to do". As in, "get these events on the 'official' program".

When you whore yourself out on this forun for free on a daily basis you are lowering the demand for your services.  You need to be more elusive, reclusive and generally more mysterious.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

When you whore yourself out on this forun for free on a daily basis you are lowering the demand for your services.  You need to be more elusive, reclusive and generally more mysterious.

A. Really, it's quite the opposite... since I don't actually provide anything even remotely approximating "services".

B. I don't think I've actually posted here any comprehensive here's-how-it-all-works and here's-how-you-can-reasonably-protect-yourself-in-these-areas. Really, with some of the dumb (--yeah, I said it) ideas I've seen floating around (not just here), it'd almost be a public service.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:50:19 pm by B.D. Ross »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 06:36:04 am »

If you wanted to do something at Porcfest... get a plan together and submit it to S. Curtis....they might do it.
Organizers are always looking for someone/something to put on programs.
It might be too late for this year but you could try.

(it also helps if you already wrote a book and are somewhat famous)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 06:44:50 am »

If you wanted to do something at Porcfest... get a plan together and submit it to S. Curtis....they might do it.
Organizers are always looking for someone/something to put on programs.
It might be too late for this year but you could try.

(it also helps if you already wrote a book and are somewhat famous)

Its never too late.

Are you on facebook? If so, the best thing is to just make your own event, and send me the url. I'll promote it.

Go here to check out whats already scheduled: http://dev3.markowicz.net/schedule

Pages: [1]   Go Up