Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just entering college concerned of my liberty and future  (Read 1338 times)

ninurta

Just entering college concerned of my liberty and future
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:22:15 am »

Hello friends, my name is Ninurta (no, I'm not a sumerian god, that's just my name on here lol), I'm entering into college soon hopefully. I just have to get a job and save up money to take my SAT test and get that back on track.

I've been growing very concerned by the fact that our rights to things such as habeus corpus, have been nullified. The fact that you can be held indefinitely without trial is wrong, against the bill of rights, and as a result of what it can be used for, nullifies the bill of rights, as you can be held indefinitely without a good reason. You are further deprived of your right to vote for being in prison, whether you committed a crime or not.

I personally think that it's time to look into this, I do like New Hampshire. I've been there once, so even it would be a great place to move either way.

I'm a very patriotic american, though by no means a blind patriot. I'm a libertarian, I believe the government's job is to protect our civil liberties. The job of the lower local governments is to provjde justice, courts, etc... and make laws. However, I think that laws should not infringe on the liberties granted in the Bill of Rights to any degree.

Now that I've introduced myself, I'll just say hello everyone!

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Just entering college concerned of my liberty and future
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »

Habeas is only nullified under specific doctrine within Article One. Deprivation of rights while imprisoned would fall under due process.

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Just entering college concerned of my liberty and future
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:34 am »

Welcome!
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up