Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest DOT COM Website creation team needed!  (Read 8195 times)

freedomroad

Re: PorcFest DOT COM Website creation team needed!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 10:04:03 am »

Let's stay cool folks.  No need to tell people STFU.

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 01:02:16 pm »

Let's stay cool folks.  No need to tell people STFU.

So telling me my entire post was a whine (go read the 'quote' he attributed to me) was fine, but my reply isn't?
Whatever.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:34 pm »

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate all the support!

Notice that the forum is up and working! Feel free to be a beta user!

See you at this years PorcFest!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 05:57:28 pm »

PS Take another look! Lots of big positive changes in the last couple days!

I especially like the photos section (does the scroll seem too fast and too stiff to you?), and the schedule/calendar!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:38 pm »

Artie: put up or shutup. Volunteer for the FSP IT team and do something or STFU.

First of all, I never expressed interest. Second, the FSP bureaucracy is a joke and nothing productive ever gets done. Why would I want to be a part of that? Besides, the person listed as the "Info Technology Manager" on the organizer page is known as an unfriendly person (like you, Seth) and has personally insulted a friend of mine multiple times...so I want nothing to do with anything he does.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 07:01:08 am »

Artie: put up or shutup. Volunteer for the FSP IT team and do something or STFU.

Second, the FSP bureaucracy is a joke and nothing productive ever gets done.

because of lack of volunteers (and guidance)

nothing ever gets done?
porcfest?
Liberty Forum?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 07:49:36 am »

Second, the FSP bureaucracy is a joke and nothing productive ever gets done.

because of lack of volunteers (and guidance)

nothing ever gets done?
porcfest?
Liberty Forum?

Well, word on the street is this year's PorcFest is beyond hope...

freedomroad

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:54 am »

First of all, I never expressed interest. Second, the FSP bureaucracy is a joke and nothing productive ever gets done.

Please stop trolling.

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »

OK seriously enough of the bashing from both sides!  Did anyone offer to give Curtis access to the server to modify the porcfest page or give him the code to try and do something with the porcfest page? I like the site he created, it it more organized and more interactive than the single page on the FS website. I think each event LF and PF should have more than just a page, maybe a subdomain on the FS site. Now IT from FS says that the software is different, which software? the server type running the site or the software running the modules on the site? He has the cool picture module running on their and a google plugin.   Now I am sure that adding the software to the server wont be that big of a deal...and then making Curtises site look like the FS site wont be that hard either...just need to add the side links. Sure it wont be 100% but that isnt an issue. Hell if it was a subdomain then it wouldnt matter that it looks different. Anyway I think we are making way to of a big deal out of this! I like what Curtis did and I think that his site looks more attractive that a single page under events!
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 05:40:48 pm »

And curtis what is up with the Lodging page on the site? It is in a different language.  For that link you should have a Link to get info on securing a camp ground and then also a list of all the local hotels maybe through google maps
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 08:07:20 pm »

And curtis what is up with the Lodging page on the site? It is in a different language. 

For that link you should have a Link to get info on securing a camp ground and then also a list of all the local hotels maybe through google maps

Thats just filler, we havent even started on that section.

But those are excellent, constructive suggestions!

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 07:25:40 am »

Did anyone offer to give Curtis access to the server to modify the porcfest page or give him the code to try and do something with the porcfest page?

Um, yes, See earlier in this very thread.

I like the site he created, it it more organized and more interactive than the single page on the FS website.

Single page?  PF has an entire subsection on the site now... in the past it's been more used, and older PF info is still there if you look.

I think each event LF and PF should have more than just a page, maybe a subdomain on the FS site. Now IT from FS says that the software is different, which software? the server type running the site or the software running the modules on the site? He has the cool picture module running on their and a google plugin.

We run Drupal, and adding items like Google calendar etc are trivially easy.  Drupal is plenty powerful enough to do everything Curtis wants to do.  I asked him to NOT start his own site, but to work with us, to improve the PF section if he was unhappy, and he refused.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything