Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Help Needed - Soap Box Idol - PF10  (Read 3644 times)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Your Help Needed - Soap Box Idol - PF10
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:00:09 am »

Hello folks. I'm swamped, and I've also discovered I'm not the right person for the job.

I need someone to take point on organizing and executing Soap Box Idol (Carla will still emcee)

What you're REALLY needed for is pushing this thing RIGHT NOW!

The plan was to solicit entries via youtube prior to PorcFest (right now!)

folks would vote (somehow) monthly on their favorite video, the winner gets a pass to the main event.

Thats the part I REALLY need help on. I need someone who knows youtube, and can get people excited about

making a 30 sec to 1 min rant. Can you help? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE speak up.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Polemic

Re: Your Help Needed - Soap Box Idol - PF10
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:02:32 pm »

Maybe have someone create a channel on their Youtube account and then have the submissions sent to that user?
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:33:58 am »

Maybe have someone create a channel on their Youtube account and then have the submissions sent to that user?

yep, did that last year

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoapBoxIdol

also

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soap-Box-Idol/114834438542725
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:58:01 pm »

I saw on Facebook yesterday that Soapbox Idol "probably" isn't going to happen this year.  Is that true?   ???
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

ny2nh

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:28:11 pm »

Friday - I find this surprising as well. I had to dig around Facebook to find where you read that....and honestly, I didnl;t know there was a group just for Soapbox Idol.....guessing others might not either. I have heard of people who were planning to sign up to speak....but as happens most often, many people wait until the last minute to sign up for something like this. What's the story?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »

Soap Box Idol as envisioned (by me) will not be happening.

HOPEFULLY (and I believe its very likely), a Soap Box Idol event very similar to last year can be "organized" at the last minute.

The working assumption has been that Soap Box Idol at PF10 would be the most popular event. So far, the lack of interest in the event has shown otherwise.

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »

The lack of interest is in part due to the video requirement.
 I for one don't like being on video nor do I have the equipment to film myself ranting.
 Also what I would like to rant about will be totally spoiled if the rant is on YouTube  for months before.

There is also a surprising lack of Porc Fest information anywhere on this forum and the FSP web site. 
I know you have done a great deal of work on Facebook but not all of the FSP participants are on Facebook.
I would love to see everything cross referenced here or on the Porc Fest info page. 
People should not be hunting around and search Facebook for Porc fest information.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:23:52 am »

There is also a surprising lack of Porc Fest information anywhere on this forum and the FSP web site. 
I know you have done a great deal of work on Facebook but not all of the FSP participants are on Facebook.
I would love to see everything cross referenced here or on the Porc Fest info page. 
People should not be hunting around and search Facebook for Porc fest information.

Ok, how about now?

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »

Thank you.  I love it. 
I am so happy to see so much is going on.  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up