Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where I am considering...  (Read 1829 times)

Steve-O

• www.Shadow-Government.info
Where I am considering...
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »

I'd like to get some opinions and advice to help me choose the best town to move to.

The three towns that I've narrowed it down to are Keene, Seabrook and Manchester.

One of the most important things I'm looking for is an established group of activists that regularly schedule peaceful demonstrations and other projects.  I'm pretty new to all of this so would appreciate having some good examples to learn from.  Also, I'd like to know that the activism they are involved in is actually making a difference.  It seems like it would be important to be able to show some kind of improvements in the community as a direct result of their efforts.  Not sure if each town keeps track of real accomplishments and change, but I think that would be great to know.

I'd also like a town that has some fun things to do in my down time.

Having an already fairly large number of fellow free staters that are giving and willing to help out someone new to all this is important cause I will need to stay with someone for a little bit while I get a job and get established. 

Thanks for any thoughts everyone!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:14:26 pm by Steve-O »
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

www.Shadow-Government.info

creaganlios

Re: Where I am considering...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »

I'd like to get some opinions and advice to help me choose the best town to move to.

The three towns that I've narrowed it down to are Keene, Seabrook and Manchester.

I can't wait for the friendly rivalry between Seabrook and Keene to begin....I think I'll sit and watch for a while.  But when all is said and done, and you get serious about the move, I know we'll be welcoming you to the Keene area   ;D   >:D

BigJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:10:46 pm »

I think I can guess which town Max is going to vote for  ;D

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »

Only the greatest town there is, eh!

Honestly, I think that there should be like either two free towns voted on (political and nonpolitical) or some kind of free county/jumble of towns.  Supporters of a particular area could promote a collection of towns whose populations combined did not exceed that of Manchester.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:13:16 pm »

Since Steve-o has already posted at the Free Keene Forum, there's no real need for me to post much here.

For the hell of it, here are the 111+ Reasons to Move to Keene: http://move.freekeene.com

Thanks for considering Keene!   8)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up