Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: We Are Change?  (Read 10520 times)

Polemic

Re: We Are Change?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 12:17:20 am »

This tread concerns me.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.

Please elaborate on your response. I want to make sure I understand you properly before I reply.

Just a general proviso not to conflate incompetence with malice.
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

Steve-O

• www.Shadow-Government.info
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 08:50:12 am »

lol
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

www.Shadow-Government.info

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 09:34:03 am »

Stand by and allow to happen?

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 01:17:53 pm »

the problem is that "mainstream" in recent years has turned into "mainstream denial." What kind of government would purposely carry out--or even stand by and allow to happen--the murder of 3,000 innocent people.  Even if the feds merely suspected an upcoming attack--and did nothing--this country has major problems that need to be solved.

Well there is strong evidence that the FDR administration did let Pearl Harbor happen as a means to get into WWII.  So that should be some indication of what the government is willing let happen to the American people when there is a sufficiently unamerican administration.  Although that was a different generation in a different time.  FDR had been in office for years by that time and was able to do it single handily.  Bush had just entered office, so for it to slide, the Clinton administration would have needed to be in on it too, which really would only have been plausible if Gore had won and not Bush.  So I highly doubt these conspiracy theories about the government causing it or letting it happen.  Seems almost as ridicules as the "the moon landing was faked" people.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:08:24 pm by Bazil »
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

weatherford

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »

Not just some evidence re FDR and WWII. My mother's first cousin (Van S. Merle-Smith) was the one (diplomat/attache to Australia at the time) who warned FDR. It's a fact. :(

Unfortunately, Uncle Van died during the war; we only have his papers (many of which are available under FOI) to prove it.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:38:33 pm »

This sounds like some valuable historical material! I know there are several books on the leadup to war and the diplomatic taunts to the Japanese and even regarding breaking their codes. I know Irving even covers some of the info on that period in "Churchill's War."

Not just some evidence re FDR and WWII. My mother's first cousin (Van S. Merle-Smith) was the one (diplomat/attache to Australia at the time) who warned FDR. It's a fact. :(

Unfortunately, Uncle Van died during the war; we only have his papers (many of which are available under FOI) to prove it.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 07:46:09 am »

Failure of a government to 'heed' a warning isn't new.
The various monarchies were 'warned' of revolution... in the case of the American colonies, openly and repeatedly.
The fact that members of the government did not heed the warnings and the results from their prospective was disastrous... doesn't really add evidence to conspiracy.

Not like this was the first bombing of the towers.
The Bush Administration entered Iraq under failure of its government to abide UN Resolution. It could have easily entered Afghanistan under guise of a drug war, the way Reagan did South America.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:09 am »

Steve-O: Hope your travels go well. I'll make sure Mark "O'Connell" gets an invite and welcome to come up to PorcFest - maybe we can get him to talk on the We Are Change mission and approach. He has come up for other events and workshops before, so he knows us.

We DO have a lot of folks up here who are afraid to look into the deep politics and inconvenient history, so maybe we can facilitate some growth in consciousness in those areas,eh? It'll be good to have you on board.

Also, don't think of the FSP in New-Hampshire as having one collective identity. Some here in-state and here on the forums try to use social pressure to enforce a kind of politically correct orthodoxy. (is that a contradiction or what?) Just keep in mind that the FSP is just the bus to get people here. Then you can become active in any freedom activity you want to when you get here! You don't have to wait for orders from your FSP boss!  ;D

Steve-O - there has been some interest in creating a We Are Change group here. If you are moving, we could rally all those that have expressed interest before and get a chapter started. There are several educational 9/11 groups here now: Monadnock  9/11 Truth Alliance in Keene, Upper Valley 9/11 Truth Alliance in Lebanon, Merrimack Valley 9/11 Truth in Nashua, Manchester and Concord, and Seacoast over in Portsmouth. We are also within reach of groups in Brattleboro and White River Junction Vermont, Portland, Maine and Boston, Mass.

Luke has been up here before and was arrested at a Republican primary gathering at St. Anselm's college, as was Matt Lepanen. They joined us at Murphy's Tap Room afterwards. Most of it is on You Tube. Mark McConnell [oops, sorry Mark O'Connell] in Boston...
I have always respected and appreciated what the We Are Change groups are doing, and before I found the FSP, I was looking for a local We Are Change chapter near me, of which there isn't any.

I was surprised though to notice that with all of the liberty activists living in NH that there isn't even one branch of We Are Change within NH.  Do the people of FSP purposely distance themselves from other groups and movements?

Just wondering.

Thank you.

Awesome good buddy!  It looks like my move will happen in about 2 days.  Moving to Seabrook to get my start, then see where things take me.  I will be sure to keep in touch!

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:29 am »

Here's a video I just got in email from We Are Change Boston:

We Are Change Boston - Protest Against Naked Body Scanners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBiLDoh0YGo

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 05:48:06 pm »

Luke Rudkowski, Matt Lepacek and Kelley McCarthy from We Are Change came to PorcFest after they were denied entry into Canada (for the G20 summit).

Here's Luke's blog post on Russia Today:
http://rt.com/About_Us/Blogs/armed-with-truth.html

Repeated on the front page of WAC's site today:
http://www.wearechange.org/?p=2307&cpage=1#comment-1326

The name has floated around through word of mouth. Vague advertisements and Facebook posts have brought it to my attention, but I never really knew what it was all about. After being denied entry into Canada this past week, a fellow WeAreChange member from Boston invited me to speak at PorcFest, an annual camp-out for The Free State Project.

We made the 10 hour trip from the Niagara Falls border to Lancaster, New Hampshire and were welcomed with open arms, showered with food, tent, pillows, sleeping bags and an overwhelming show of support for WeAreChange.

The Free State Project is a movement striving for freedom and independence from big government through an effort to recruit 20,000 people to move into the state of New Hampshire. This project is supported by people with different political ideologies, activists groups, and religious groups from all over the country. New Hampshire is the perfect location according to the “Free Staters” because it has the largest presence of legislatures in the country with the least regulations and taxation, plenty of resources and beautiful scenery as well as the nature of it’s people to “Live free or die”.

I was surprised when I saw so many WeAreChange members there. They came from Arizona, Boston, Maryland and Virginia, and were Libertarians, hippies, Tea Partiers, and Agorists. It truly is a project that brings together people from all different spectrums of the movement to unite for a unique and amazing cause.

PorcFest held workshops on self defense and sustainability and hosted fun shows such as Soap Box Idol where activists went on a minute long rant and the winner was chosen by a panel of judges. The Alt Expo displayed alternatives to the movement, such as Agorism and WeAreChange, along with goods and foods you could buy from other activists or barter for.

It was truly a unique and fun experience and I definitely took a lot back home with me. It is so refreshing to see a solutions project such as the Free State taking place. I encourage all to check out FreeStateProject.org and see what it is all about. I really like the Free State Project and I am highly considering becoming a free stater myself.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:35:10 pm by JaqEboy »

Mdj

• Mark Douglas Jacobsen
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 05:11:01 am »

Yeah I don't like the name truthers it sounds sissy.

I will say that the 9/11 commission report has less truth in it than The National Enquirer. There is many problems with it. That at the least the govt. is guilty by complacency, though I hesitate to say that the feds were in on it, I haven't written off that possibility.

When I first came across the folks saying what I am saying now I was totally repulsed. But then I got to thinking that I should just consider the evidence and lack of evidence. And that's where I got stuck and I just can't get past the way the trade centers came down, not to mention building 7. So I am attempting to get my friends to look at the evidence and they so far have refused. It's almost like they are fearful of it or the possibility that at the least the feds lied to us. Because then it shatters all their notions of security. It interferes with the idea that Playstation and mainstream media and working for the man are good ways to spend time. Or that to do anything that might shake up their family lives in order to ultimately help their family is justified. I say security is an illusion at this point in time with the way the govt is out fighting undeclared wars on many fronts now... payback is forthcoming. I used to think the idea of a conspiracy was the platform of leftwing nutjobs, but then I looked at the evidence and people's lack of desire for truth not relegated to a soundbite. Now I know that is what folks in power want you to believe; that to question is somehow radical.

I don't believe this forum would be good to hash out the arguments of conspiracy. I however will use it to say that when I get to NH I will be involved in some type of 9-11 movement. But only if they change their organizations' name! However I will be involved in some local movement primarily because I think a lot of movements are getting ready to take a backseat to something bigger that is lurking just over the horizon. There's a lot of variables here folks and a majority of them are negative in nature.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:15 pm »

@mdj: the name 911 Truth just sorta happened. Someone, I don't know who, chose that name for their group, and another guy thought all independent groups should include that in their name as a sort of branding. Then, someone thought to use it as a derogatory name: truther. All of that is distraction from the business of getting to the truth, of course, because it's just naming and name-calling.

When you come here, be sure to drop in on the video screenings of Merrimack Valley 911 Truth - every Tuesday night: http://mv911t.org.

This is a thread about another group called We Are Change. Their leaders came to PorcFest and Luke Rudkowski, their founder, says he's considering becoming a Free-Stater and he suggests all of his followers in the 300 or so world-wide chapters consider joining, too.

W00t!

Lance

• Voluntaryist
    • website
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:44 pm »

For interested people out-of-state, this group is already up and running here in NH:

http://voteforanswersnh.com/

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 11:48:25 pm »

Thanks for pointing the group out Lance. That was the group created mostly by the Monadnock 9/11 Truth Alliance with support from us at Merrimack Valley 9/11 Truth and Seacoast 9/11, as well as a little guidance and effort from NYC CAN on the page layout and artwork. This campaign was to get 9/11 on town meeting ballots. It will probably revive during the next town meeting cycle.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 11:23:04 am »

BTW, there's a video screening tonight that WACers would like:

Invisible Empire, by Jason Bermas

Merrimack Valley 911 Truth has screenings every Tuesday night: 1st Tuesday in Nashua (tonight), 2nd Tues. in Manch., 3rd Tues. in Concord, and 4th Tuesday upcoming somewhere northerly.

Details all at: http://mv911t.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up