Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: We Are Change?  (Read 10521 times)

Steve-O

• www.Shadow-Government.info
We Are Change?
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:37:01 am »

I have always respected and appreciated what the We Are Change groups are doing, and before I found the FSP, I was looking for a local We Are Change chapter near me, of which there isn't any.

I was surprised though to notice that with all of the liberty activists living in NH that there isn't even one branch of We Are Change within NH.  Do the people of FSP purposely distance themselves from other groups and movements?

Just wondering.

Thank you.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

www.Shadow-Government.info

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: We Are Change?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:52:33 pm »

What is a We Are Change group?

Steve-O

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:03:12 pm »

www.wearechange.org

They are the largest group of 9/11 Truthers and are always confronting and interviewing some of the major players of the elite.  They hold major protests and demonstrations across the country, and also produce powerful videos and documentaries online.

Luke Rudkowski is one of them who exposed the Acorn scandal and brought it to nearly all mainstream news outlets.

It just looks like they have groups in nearly every state.  I was just surprised that one of the major liberty states doesn't have any members. 

No big deal, just wondered.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Ronald Brophy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 02:18:04 am »

From observations I have made, the FSP organization as well as the vast majority of FSP members (At least the ones I have met) purposely distance themselves from groups relating to conspiracy theories, as well as anti-Zionism and racism.

That's not to say I hold all three to equal levels of distaste, but if the FSP movement is to have/maintain any main-stream legitimacy, it must avoid being associated with views that fall outside the realm of liberty, in my opinion.

In short, 9/11 Truth ≠ libertarianism.
Ronald G Brophy II
Moved: 12/10/09

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:23:59 am »

www.wearechange.org

They are the largest group of 9/11 Truthers[.]

Truthers? Oh, no thanks for me!

With a name like that, I figured it was some kind of Obama grass-roots movement. They probably should've done some name testing on that one...

PraeterIdiot

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:23:29 am »

www.wearechange.org

They are the largest group of 9/11 Truthers[.]

Truthers? Oh, no thanks for me!

With a name like that, I figured it was some kind of Obama grass-roots movement. They probably should've done some name testing on that one...

I thought the same thing.

Steve-O, there are a grip of Truthers in New Hampshire, and some ballot initiative to get the state to....idunno, state outright that they want an investigation?  Or something like that.  They aren't affiliated with the FSP itself. 

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »

Steve-O - there has been some interest in creating a We Are Change group here. If you are moving, we could rally all those that have expressed interest before and get a chapter started. There are several educational 9/11 groups here now: Monadnock  9/11 Truth Alliance in Keene, Upper Valley 9/11 Truth Alliance in Lebanon, Merrimack Valley 9/11 Truth in Nashua, Manchester and Concord, and Seacoast over in Portsmouth. We are also within reach of groups in Brattleboro and White River Junction Vermont, Portland, Maine and Boston, Mass.

Luke has been up here before and was arrested at a Republican primary gathering at St. Anselm's college, as was Matt Lepanen. They joined us at Murphy's Tap Room afterwards. Most of it is on You Tube. Mark McConnell in Boston is very active in Boston Change for Truth and, I'm sure he would come up to help form a chapter. We just have fewer of the elite showing up here, compared to Boston or New York, EXCEPT, during the presidential election years.

Did you see We Are Change LA's presence at a peace march there last month? Very impressive. Come on up and help stir things up. The FSP is just the bus to get people to move here - we're all free, as always, to participate in whatever form of activism we choose. There are some "libertarians" that choose anti-libertarian stance with others and try to control what you can and can't do, but we slough that off to their lack of understanding of what freedom really means.

I have always respected and appreciated what the We Are Change groups are doing, and before I found the FSP, I was looking for a local We Are Change chapter near me, of which there isn't any.

I was surprised though to notice that with all of the liberty activists living in NH that there isn't even one branch of We Are Change within NH.  Do the people of FSP purposely distance themselves from other groups and movements?

Just wondering.

Thank you.

Steve-O

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:31 pm »

Steve-O - there has been some interest in creating a We Are Change group here. If you are moving, we could rally all those that have expressed interest before and get a chapter started. There are several educational 9/11 groups here now: Monadnock  9/11 Truth Alliance in Keene, Upper Valley 9/11 Truth Alliance in Lebanon, Merrimack Valley 9/11 Truth in Nashua, Manchester and Concord, and Seacoast over in Portsmouth. We are also within reach of groups in Brattleboro and White River Junction Vermont, Portland, Maine and Boston, Mass.

Luke has been up here before and was arrested at a Republican primary gathering at St. Anselm's college, as was Matt Lepanen. They joined us at Murphy's Tap Room afterwards. Most of it is on You Tube. Mark McConnell in Boston is very active in Boston Change for Truth and, I'm sure he would come up to help form a chapter. We just have fewer of the elite showing up here, compared to Boston or New York, EXCEPT, during the presidential election years.

Did you see We Are Change LA's presence at a peace march there last month? Very impressive. Come on up and help stir things up. The FSP is just the bus to get people to move here - we're all free, as always, to participate in whatever form of activism we choose. There are some "libertarians" that choose anti-libertarian stance with others and try to control what you can and can't do, but we slough that off to their lack of understanding of what freedom really means.

Just wondering.

Thank you.

Awesome good buddy!  It looks like my move will happen in about 2 days.  Moving to Seabrook to get my start, then see where things take me.  I will be sure to keep in touch!

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:48:26 pm »

Awesome good buddy!  It looks like my move will happen in about 2 days.  Moving to Seabrook to get my start, then see where things take me.  I will be sure to keep in touch!

Wow! Great that you're coming. You can check out mv911t.org for Merrimack Valley 911 Truth's meetup and I can introduce you to some of the people on the Seacoast that organize over there.

write truth@ijaq.net when you land and get your computer plugged in, eh?

Steve-O

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 10:12:36 am »

Sounds great!  I expected my check in the mail today, but it didn't arrive, so Monday is when it will show up.  At that time is when I'll buy my bus ticket and head out. I will certainly keep in touch!

LTVOLT

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:58 am »

if you are around the seacoast area be sure to go to the meetings on saturdays

Steve-O

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:09 am »

I will be staying in Seabrook, so next Saturday I should be able to make the meeting.  Looking forward to it!

Polemic

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 07:38:08 pm »

This tread concerns me.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

Steve-O

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 08:35:04 pm »

This tread concerns me.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.

Please elaborate on your response. I want to make sure I understand you properly before I reply.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:41 pm »

From observations I have made, the FSP organization as well as the vast majority of FSP members (At least the ones I have met) purposely distance themselves from groups relating to conspiracy theories, as well as anti-Zionism and racism.

That's not to say I hold all three to equal levels of distaste, but if the FSP movement is to have/maintain any main-stream legitimacy, it must avoid being associated with views that fall outside the realm of liberty, in my opinion.

In short, 9/11 Truth ≠ libertarianism.

I think that the problem is that "mainstream" in recent years has turned into "mainstream denial." What kind of government would purposely carry out--or even stand by and allow to happen--the murder of 3,000 innocent people.  Even if the feds merely suspected an upcoming attack--and did nothing--this country has major problems that need to be solved.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up