Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Paganism, Bisexuality, Pot-Smoking, Fornicating?  (Read 18053 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Paganism, Bisexuality, Pot-Smoking, Fornicating?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 02:33:04 pm »

And what would the term for a permanent heterosexual marriage be?

Pretty sure no marriage is permanent. Why, some traditional marriage vows expressly contemplate when it will terminate, e.g. death, but not in the event of illness, poverty, or other "bad times".

i got married for eternity.

LDS, right?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »

Pretty sure no marriage is permanent. Why, some traditional marriage vows expressly contemplate when it will terminate, e.g. death, but not in the event of illness, poverty, or other "bad times".

A year and a day sounds long enough.
Naa, real Mormons move to Missouri, not NH.  D&C 57:3

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:03 pm »

LDS, right?

LSD
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 04:22:42 pm »

I thought marriage licensing was started by The Church, to "legitimize" the relationship AND recognize "property rights".  (back when women/children were viewed as "property")  Then, since The Church was a power above kingdoms, those licenses were acknowledged by secular governments.
No, the actual license was started as a prohibition to certain pairings. States really shouldn't be in that area.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:30 am »

Yeah, you'll be welcome here.

There are gay, bi, asexual, pansexual people and cadres up here. There are polyamorous families and up here. There are kinksters. There's even some push to promote pro-liberty ideas within these existing communities since they're already used to being persecuted and getting active about it.

Pot smokers, hallucinogen users, alcohol users, coffee drinkers and other manner of drug users all reside in NH as part of the FSP.

If anybody has an issue with you, it likely won't be because of your sexuality or lifestyle. Likely, it would be the way you display it - i.e. public displays of affection, smoking bowls in public, et cetera. :P

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 03:11:32 pm »

BigJoe

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:27 pm »

Once you legalize gay marriage...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/ap_on_el_pr/us_huckabee_gay_marriage

;D

""That would be like saying, well there's there are a lot of people who like to use drugs so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, should we accommodate them?""

uh.  yes, yes (as long as its voluntary), and yes    ;D

Reductio ad absurdum fail

Uncle Walt

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:52 am »

regarding polygamy ... Hey, if you can handle more than one wife - more power to ya! 
One wife with a "mood change" is bad enough.

;D

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »

regarding polygamy ... Hey, if you can handle more than one wife - more power to ya! 
One wife with a "mood change" is bad enough.

I full-on support anyone who wants to do it and has consenting wives, but I'm watching Big Love and it's making it seem less appealing each episode.  Never was my thing.  I don't have the attention span for more than one other person at a time.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 11:18:41 am »

I don't hang out with anyone who does half of the stuff you posted, but I'm sure you could find a circle in NH somewhere.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

creaganlios

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »

I have always found the argument that same-sex marriage will lead to polygamy (and should therefore not be permitted) to be fascinating.

In fact, I am tempted to agree with the Social Conservatives that any marital structure that is the first step on a slippery slope towards polygamy should be prohibited.

And we know that the only large-scale, objective, actual experience in this country with polygamy, was among Mormons in a one-man, multiple-women heterosexual arrangement.

Therefore, since heterosexual marriage has (as history has proven) lead to polygamous hetersexual marriage, it would seem to me that heterosexual marriage should be the structure that is prohibited.......right? ? ?    :o ;D

Uncle Walt

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:59 am »

Which came first ... polygamy or harems/concubines?   ;D

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »

God seems to change his mind about how many partners one can have. Maybe it has more to do with who's writing the history books on God's behalf?

preparehandbook

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »

In my opinion, the real liberty position on gay marriage is get the government out of ALL marriage.
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. I cannot fathom why it is a good idea for the gov to be involved in any marriage, in any way. What possible good can it serve?

great thread.

time4liberty

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 08:57:14 pm »

Get government out of marriage! Call your relationship and anyone else's relationship whatever you want to! :)

Personally, I'm more interested in ending government marriage for heterosexuals than adding it for homosexuals, but I can understand the motivation of those working for the latter.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:07:32 pm by time4liberty »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up