Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Paganism, Bisexuality, Pot-Smoking, Fornicating?  (Read 18570 times)

Calcedone

Re: Paganism, Bisexuality, Pot-Smoking, Fornicating?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 08:54:05 pm »

So why have enough people not heard of FSP? Why not enough national exposure? So many people I have begun to talk about this with are clueless!!!!! What can be done! It's killing me!
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »

Keep talking to people.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:04:05 am by B.D. Ross »

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 11:51:53 pm »

I definitely have the sense of a tipping point approaching, then an exponential explosion.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 11:50:54 am »

So why have enough people not heard of FSP? Why not enough national exposure? So many people I have begun to talk about this with are clueless!!!!! What can be done! It's killing me!

spreading the word:

or in person.

I do think that about 30K 'libertarian' people have heard of the FSP... but as you can see only about 1/3 of them have joined.

People are 'afraid'/want to see if it works... etc etc.
We will get to 20K....

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 04:10:02 pm »

A few days ago, I was chatting with my old boss and good friend. I told him of my intention to relocate to NH and he asked, "what's in New Hampshire?" I directed him to the FSP website and he was interested.

So, after working for the guy for over 5 years, I never said enough about my intention to even get to the topic of New Hampshire. Fail

Think of all the people to whom you will explain the FSP when you move to a state they've never heard anything about.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »

So, after working for the guy for over 5 years, I never said enough about my intention to even get to the topic of New Hampshire. Fail

That, so much. Times a billion.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:52 am »

That, so much. Times a billion.

nah thanks 20,000   :)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 09:31:17 am »

i don't recommend any of those activities

but they probably happen at freestater parties i don't go to
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »

As long as you are open to the freedoms of monotheistic, straight, abstainers (assuming you ever meet one) ... I don't think you will have any problems.
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Moving_on_up

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 06:17:32 pm »

I'll be brief.

I am a bisexual male, aged 23, I smoke marijuana, I drink alcohol, I am an earth-worshiping pagan, I support open/gay/bi/tran/queer/hetero marriage, I support freedom to bear arms, to refuse a mandatory ID, to worship freely (or to not worship at all), and to behave with little or NO government interaction.

What is the level of discrimination I can expect if I move to NH? Will the movement be wholeheartedly disgusted with someone like me? Walt Whitman & H D Thoreau (think Civil Disobedience) are a few of my heroes, so in many ways I feel strong connections with the FSP. Nonetheless, I am not a conservative. I think the Arts are very important, and I don't give a darn about capitalism and profit, other than working an honest trade to provide for myself and family.

Is this the group for me, or should I stay "left"  ????? =)

Thanks.

If you don't care for capitalism, why move to NH where profits via capitalism will be the only means of survival since government will not be allowed to provide for the General Welfare?  Why do you call yourself leftist?  Do you believe in Nationalized Healthcare?  Why do you think you are not Conservative?  Conservatives like the Arts, they believe in the RIGHT to bear arms,  they believe in refusing mandatory ID, they believe in freedom of worship...will you defend someone's right to free speech who believes absolutely in God and believes gay men and women are destined for hell?  Wiill you impose gay marriage as a right?

creaganlios

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 06:57:38 pm »

[quote author=Moving_on_up link=topic=20437.msg241010#msg241010 date=1270682252will you defend someone's right to free speech who believes absolutely in God and believes gay men and women are destined for hell?  Wiill you impose gay marriage as a right?[/quote]

WARNING! WARNING!  Confused Social Conservative thinks he's liberty-minded!

Yes, I will absolutely defend your religious and speech right to believe and proclaim that gay men and women are hell-bound.  And I will defend your church's right to teach that doctrine.

No, I will not defend your efforts to impose that belief on those who believe otherwise, nor will I defend your efforts to stop my church from mattying me and my same-sex partner.  Nor will I support your efforts to prevent the state from acknoweldging our relationship.

BigJoe

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

I'll be brief.

I am a bisexual male, aged 23, I smoke marijuana, I drink alcohol, I am an earth-worshiping pagan, I support open/gay/bi/tran/queer/hetero marriage, I support freedom to bear arms, to refuse a mandatory ID, to worship freely (or to not worship at all), and to behave with little or NO government interaction.

What is the level of discrimination I can expect if I move to NH? Will the movement be wholeheartedly disgusted with someone like me? Walt Whitman & H D Thoreau (think Civil Disobedience) are a few of my heroes, so in many ways I feel strong connections with the FSP. Nonetheless, I am not a conservative. I think the Arts are very important, and I don't give a darn about capitalism and profit, other than working an honest trade to provide for myself and family.

Is this the group for me, or should I stay "left"  ????? =)

Thanks.
Why do you think you are not Conservative?    Wiill you impose gay marriage as a right?

convservativism has just as much in in common with libertarianism as liberalism.

how exactly is gay marriage a right that is 'imposed' on anybody?

In my opinion, the real liberty position on gay marriage is get the government out of ALL marriage.

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »

Just don't move next door to Thom and mow your lawn naked.

creaganlios

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 11:03:01 am »

Oh, get over it artie.  So my attempt at humor fel flat because it violated Libertarian Purity Principles. 

You might be humoured to discover that I mow my own lawn stark naked, and i'm really not a bad guy. :-)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 11:41:01 am »

You sound cool, can we be friends.