Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet tent site area at Rogers for PF '10?  (Read 9388 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Quiet tent site area at Rogers for PF '10?
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:22 am »

This is a question for people who have camped at Rogers for past PorcFests.
Where do you think would be a good area for someone to get a tent site who wants their site to be fairly quiet?

I am bringing my brother, he will probably stay in our site a lot. I will probably sleep at odd times so being away from the noisiest areas would be good.

Any thoughts?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Quiet tent site area at Rogers for PF '10?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:42:32 am »

pick the sites on the far upper right side of the campground (I am not looking at a map) but that is what I recall.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:27:51 pm »

I agree with Dreepa. That's probably the most secluded area. Some bathrooms are there but people don't seem to make much noise going back and forth to the bathrooms so they don't seem much of a source for noise.

ny2nh

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:34:56 pm »

Or camp down in the RV section.....just not too close to the pavillion.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:54:29 pm »

Yeh, any distant RV site is good.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

I agree with the RV area. Nobody having fun down there at night, hehe.

Personally, I think you need to be wasted enough not to worry about noise bothering you while you sleep. Or you need to be making your own noise. Preferably with someone hot.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:29:03 pm by artienewport »

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 10:11:13 pm »

I agree with the RV area. Nobody having fun down there at night, hehe.
That's only because we haven't made it since 2006. We had hella fun at our RV site. Food, poker, adult beverages, and much laughter every night.  ;D

10stateswithnh

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 02:39:09 pm »

pick the sites on the far upper right side of the campground (I am not looking at a map) but that is what I recall.

Those wouldn't be the sites right next to a major US highway, would they?
I'm thinking maybe in the middle of the 70's wing, a little bit away from the highway, near the bathroom, and then if there are any left I would have the option of getting an electric site as well. I don't know if I should, it seems like my brother would just stay at the site and use his computer the whole time if we have electric - he is even less social than me, which is saying something. I won't be stuck at the site though - I wouldn't have anything to do there.

Do the RV sites have electric hookups that work for non-RV plugs?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41:37 pm »

It's U.S. Highway 2, but it's hardly "major". Almost no traffic at all during the night.

The RV sites, as I recall, have one 30A plug, and one 15A duplex receptacle. That's pretty standard in all RV parks.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:32 pm »

It's U.S. Highway 2, but it's hardly "major". Almost no traffic at all during the night.

Ok. I was just surprised to be told that sites next to a US highway were considered quiet. I am used to the US highways having a lot of truck traffic at all hours, but I do live in the west where the roads are more spread out. US 2 does seem like the best way for someone going from northern Maine to Vermont to cut through NH, I think I was with a group that did that one time.
I suppose most truck traffic goes across the state farther to the south.

I am not so much worried about myself - I probably won't sleep much at night anyway since that's usually when I am working. My concern is for my brother who has a more normal schedule, and is also very sensitive to noise when trying to sleep (he does live close to a state highway but has a secluded spot in the back of the house). It's kind of funny, our dad always had to have music playing when he was going to sleep, while my brother and I have to have quiet. Sometimes I do turn on a fan to drown out other sounds. The white noise does help me sleep.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 07:22:57 pm »

The RV sites, as I recall, have one 30A plug, and one 15A duplex receptacle. That's pretty standard in all RV parks.

I don't know what those are. Does anything besides an RV plug in to those connections?

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »

As long as your tent site is not near PK or Llyods it should be quite..... ;D  >:D
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 08:28:48 pm »

As long as your tent site is not near PK or Llyods it should be quite..... ;D  >:D

I am very quiet for my tonnage.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »

I don't know what those are. Does anything besides an RV plug in to those connections?

Your standard household outlets are 15 ampere (15A); duplex means there are two receptacles in the same box. The RV outlet is 115 volts (same as household) and 30 amperes, and looks like this:

This is different from the 30 amp, 240 volt outlet that your electric dryer plugs into.

The whole point of these different outlets is to make it hard to plug something into a power supply that is heavier than it can handle.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »

Your standard household outlets are 15 ampere (15A); duplex means there are two receptacles in the same box.

So bottom line is, this is the plug I would be looking for. It sounds like I could get an RV site if the electric tent sites are gone? Are there any restrictions on the RV site that would prevent tent use? What about the costs?
Has anybody camped on an RV site before and what was it like?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up