Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet tent site area at Rogers for PF '10?  (Read 9183 times)

ny2nh

Re: Quiet tent site area at Rogers for PF '10?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »

The RV sites just are rows of parallel sites...nothing secluded by any means. But there are far fewer people there than in the tent sites. Plus, I can't imagine that there are any tent sites left with electricity.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 08:21:12 pm »

It's U.S. Highway 2, but it's hardly "major". Almost no traffic at all during the night.
Yeah like Route 3 which I walked most of one Saturday night from Plymouth to Laconia.  About six chances to raise my thumb, no responses [ass end of November, i was freezing wearing a denim jacket].  I doubt conditions have changed all that much in the last 36 years.  (The girl I loved was at Plymouth State, my home of record was in Laconia, I was on leave between USAF tech school at Chanute and my permanent station at Travis).  (And it was indeed permanent, I checked out of the USAF from there 3.5 years later).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 08:12:07 am »

The RV sites just are rows of parallel sites...nothing secluded by any means. But there are far fewer people there than in the tent sites. Plus, I can't imagine that there are any tent sites left with electricity.

As of this morning, the tent/electric sites, with or without water, are available Wed and Thur nights (except the canopy sites), but not Fri and Sat, according to Rogers' online reservation system.

I just reserved an electric/water pull-thru RV site that is the same price as the tent water/electric sites, $27/night. Don't know where it is yet (Actually they are going to email me back and I am thinking I may have to call back to tell them it is for Porcfest, since I didn't see it anywhere on the web page).
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 09:13:40 am »

If you want a quite RV site, don't get anything in the first 3 rows (1 through 44).  In fact, not being in the first 6 rows (1 through 86) might even make sense if you really don't like noise.  However, you never know where a party might be one night so bringing a pair of ear plugs isn't a bad idea.

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 12:33:36 pm »

As of this morning, the tent/electric sites, with or without water, are available Wed and Thur nights (except the canopy sites), but not Fri and Sat, according to Rogers' online reservation system.

I just reserved an electric/water pull-thru RV site that is the same price as the tent water/electric sites, $27/night. Don't know where it is yet (Actually they are going to email me back and I am thinking I may have to call back to tell them it is for Porcfest, since I didn't see it anywhere on the web page).

Yes, you need to call them to make a reservation. Especially if you want to get the 10% group discount.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 05:07:27 am »

Well, my RV site is on the 3rd row and I guess I will find out for myself what the location is like.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01:39 am »

Well, my RV site is on the 3rd row and I guess I will find out for myself what the location is like.

That means it will not be quiet.  If you ask them to move it to the 8th row or something, you are much more likely to be in a quiet area.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:14:20 am »

Ok. Think I will email Rogers about that.

Thanks for the tip.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything