Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: what does a guy have to do?  (Read 3912 times)

murphm7

what does a guy have to do?
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:13:58 am »

So I've been trying to get a response from someone in the FSP as I'm interested in being involved. Multiple emails to people supposedly responsible for recruitment have gotten me nowhere. Somebody tell me the secret passphrase or what hidden door I have to knock on here! Thanks.

anon37268573

• First1000
Re: what does a guy have to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:49 pm »

So I've been trying to get a response from someone in the FSP as I'm interested in being involved. Multiple emails to people supposedly responsible for recruitment have gotten me nowhere. Somebody tell me the secret passphrase or what hidden door I have to knock on here! Thanks.

Keep in mind that the FSP is fully run by volunteers.  I'm sure someone will get back to you soon.

Until then, can you just post your questions here in the forum?  There are a lot of very knowledgeable people, both in and outside of New Hampshire that should be able to help.

- anon

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
The password is: Hassenpfeffer.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:14:39 pm »

Murph, what are you looking for?

Jeff Jones

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:51:43 pm »

I have had this problem too,  They don't return e-mails, or answer their phone.  I know they are volunteers, but you would think that they could return a phone call, When I come I would perhaps like to get involved if I can with that because people do have real legitimate questions, the answer or non answer could make the difference in getting people out.
And people wonder why I am an anarchist!!!!!

Jeff

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:02:00 pm »

Send an email to development@freestateproject.org

Jeff Jones

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:16:50 pm »

I assume you are talking to me? who will that be sending to?  Is there anything I can do from here... Utah?
And people wonder why I am an anarchist!!!!!

Jeff

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:21:07 pm »

what email you are sending it to?

I reply to all emails I get... moved@freestateproject.org (among others)

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 02:33:32 pm »

Anyone. What email address are you sending mail to?

Dabney

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 02:37:04 pm »

This link will give you some ideas on how to help the FSP.

http://www.freestateproject.org/files/FSP%20Volunteer%20Brochure.pdf

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »

I'd just go to the Welcome Wagon board on this site.

You can also go to nhliberty.org or porcmanor.com and connect with people.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 10:23:08 pm »

I've still not received emails from either of you.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 10:35:21 am »

I've still not received emails from either of you.

They must not be trying TOO hard.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:40 pm »

I respond to every single e-mail I get as well (volunteer, moved, advertising).  I return every single phone call within 72 hours.  If I can, I answer immediately but, hey, I actually have a job, ya know?

Please post what kind of help you are interested in doing and I'll try to point you in the right direction.  Also, here is a list I send to people who want to know how they can help:

1.   First, make sure you’re signed up yourself!  http://freestateproject.org/join
2.   Join FSP Doers: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fsp-doers
3.   Create a rubber stamp with text like "Want more liberty? www.FreeStateProject.org" and stamp any paper money that crosses your hands.
4.   Join and invite your friends to Free State Project social networking sites on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Bureaucrash Social.
5.   Buy and show off an FSP bumper sticker, shirt, keychain, or other items from the FSP merchandise store.
6.   Download and distribute flyers, brochures, desktop wallpaper or other material from the volunteer downloads page <http://www.freestateproject.org/volunteer/downloads>. Give to friends, family, co-workers, and other associates or post at cafes, supermarkets, and other public bulletin boards.
7.   Include a link or blurb about the FSP in your email signature.
8.   Spread the word via the internet whenever you can (Write about the FSP on your blog or talk about us on Digg, Youtube, StumbleUpon, forums, etc.).  The Ridley Report is often a good resource.
9.   Stick FSP bookmarks (available from the merchandise store) in pro- liberty books at your local library and bookstore.
10.   If there is a local event (LP, gun show, pot protest, Ron Paul rally) where you think people might be interested in hearing about the FSP, get a booth or hand out flyers.  If the booth or table costs money the local group can pay for it (and staff it) or “FSP central” can pay for it.  The contact point for things like this is Events@FreeStateProject.org
11.   Become a “local group leader.” We can send out an email to all the FSPers that live in your area and ask them to contact you.  Then just set up an informal meeting (pizza palor, bar, whatever) and meet the other FSPers.  You can discuss ways to outreach other libertarians, liberty lovers in your area.  Keep it fun.  Maybe meet monthly.  No minutes, nothing official just figure out ways to reach other people to talk about liberty and the FSP.  If there already is a local group in your area, contact the group leader and start meeting.
12.   Ask friends and family to join the FSP as a “friend of the FSP.”  This creates no commitment to move.  They just get the newsletter.
13.   Write letters to the editor in your area about liberty and mention the FSP.
14.   Leave a handwritten or pre-printed note about the Free State Project on cars with pro-liberty bumper stickers.
15.   Take a look at our organization page and see if there is an open position that suits you.  http://www.freestateproject.org/org
16.   Use GoodSearch to search or buy things. The FSP will receive a percentage of the sale. Be sure to use the links provided.
17.   Donate at FreeStateProject.org/donate or donate to FreeStateNow.com
18.   Create your own advertising on google adwords or facebook.  See < http://freestateproject.org/advertising> for more information.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:14:10 pm by sj »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:01:31 am »

looks like all you have to do is post on this forum :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 07:16:09 am »

looks like all you have to do is post on this forum :)

Not everyone comes here :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up