Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family and I will be visiting NH April 3-9th  (Read 4792 times)

lunchbox

Family and I will be visiting NH April 3-9th
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:13:51 pm »

Hello everyone. The wife, myself and two kids (20 months and 7 months) will be taking the week to scout out some areas of New Hampshire. We'll be camping out of our SUV for the week, so we'll need some info of any good camp spots. The main area we're looking at is the Grafton County, Carroll County, and Merrimack County. I'd entertain Nashua/Manchester, but I'd to keep this trip to those counties.

On top of looking for a place to live, I'd also love to meet some of the people that are already there. Other than spending Easter Sunday with some relatives in Manchester, I really don't have a schedule. So if you would like to meet up, or have any suggestions on where to visit/stay during the week, please let me know!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Family and I will be visiting NH April 3-9th
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:35 pm »

That would be Saturday to Friday.  If you get in early enough, you can attend Merrimack Valley Porcupines at Murphy's Taproom in Manchester.  On the seacoast, we have the Meet & Eat & Greet in Hampton Falls every Saturday from 2-3pm.  On Sunday, they have a Portsmouth trivia meetup, which is more for fun than for business.  I haven't been there in a while, but I hear that they're getting quite a turnout.  On Tuesday from 5-10pm is Taproom Tuesday, also at Murphy's in Manch.  You also have Wicked Wednesday in Dover at La Festa's.  Amongst those five events, you could probably meet at least a hundred new people involved in the movement.

porcmanor.com  for housing, including temp housing
pledgebank.com/Next1000 if you think that you can make the move before 2012

Hope to see you guys here.  ;D
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:03:48 pm »

Ditto to Maxx's comments.  Please try to meet folks at the mixers.  Sunday afternoon in Keene is a social event with 10-25 people.  Tuesdays in Manchester see 30-40 liberty folks, and in Dover on Wednesdays you can expect 15-25 fellow early movers and libertarians.  Great folks everywhere you go!

You can check out the following calendars for upcoming events:
http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/cgi-bin/calendar.pl?calendar=default
http://forum.nhliberty.org/index.php?action=calendar

I don't necessarily endorse this, but here's a website supported by the bureaucrats with general information about visiting the Granite State:  http://www.visitnh.gov/

On that site there's a list of campgrounds:  http://www.visitnh.gov/where-to-stay/camping.aspx  Many campgrounds are seasonal and don't open until May or June, so do your research in advance.

See you soon!
Mark
Porcupine Realtor
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:37 pm »

What Mark said. Campgrounds could be tough before May 1. Maybe they will open early this year if mud season ends early. A lot of cleanup goes on before they can open.

lunchbox

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:39 pm »

maxxoccupancy, I will definitely try to make those and thanks for the link to porcmanor.com.

Porcupine Realtor, we might be in the market for a small "starter house" soon, so I might be calling on you :). Thanks for the list of campgrounds. This would be our first choice, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

cathleeninnh, I've heard about the infamous "mud season". I hope we can find a place.

Does anyone in Grafton County, Carroll County, and Merrimack County have any suggestions on places to look closer at or to stay away from?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 10:16:04 pm »

For a starter house, there are tons of manufactured homes (mostly mobile/trailer) in Seabrook for not too much money.  They're a good alternative to running a porcmanor because your mortgage will be much smaller.  Better a mobile home than an apartment, you know.

The overall cost of living in Seabrook is very reasonable, too.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »

Better a mobile home than an apartment, you know.

not always

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 12:39:11 am »

Oh yeah, brah.  Always.  Because, you know what?  If it's mobile, that's better than some stick-in-the-mud apartment, dude.

You just don't know what yer talking aboot, eh.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 07:24:03 am »

Oh yeah, brah.  Always.  Because, you know what?  If it's mobile, that's better than some stick-in-the-mud apartment, dude.

You just don't know what yer talking aboot, eh.

uhm you do know that most 'mobile' homes aren't that mobile right?

max... I do know what I am talking about.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:03:38 am »

Well if you want to visit our corner of Grafton County in the town of Grafton (still haven't figured the name out yet ... maybe we were the last piece of land not named, so they just named us after the county) you might be able to camp at the Grafton Welcome Wagon's Hoyt Park.
http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/3

Once we get to know you, we could invite you to stay a night or more.

We don't have any events planned at that time, but if the weather is nice our Grafton Free Market will be in session on Sunday. Check the http://nhunderground.com calendar.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lunchbox

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:25:12 pm »

Thanks Russell Kanning. I was actually very interested in that area, mostly due to the concentration (or so it seems) of liberty loving individuals, and would be thrilled to meet you guys.

I'll keep that site in my favorites and pray for good weather.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 09:52:48 am »

cool
let us know
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up