Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The role of FSP...  (Read 5329 times)

Matthew

• FSP Participant
The role of FSP...
« on: August 09, 2002, 11:34:10 pm »

After we get 20k and all move what will the role of FSP be?  Will we still recruit more people so we can exceed 20k and make a bigger impact.  I think sometime before we get the 20k we should create a program to help people find jobs and homes.  Even if all we do is set of information found in local classifieds of the chosen state.
"And if Donald Trump delivered the mail, you could send letters for 12 cents, and also gamble with the stamps." Howard Stern

Mega Joule

Re:The role of FSP...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 03:37:33 am »

After we get 20k and all move what will the role of FSP be?  Will we still recruit more people so we can exceed 20k and make a bigger impact.  I think sometime before we get the 20k we should create a program to help people find jobs and homes.  Even if all we do is set of information found in local classifieds of the chosen state.

I see us reaching 20k and beginning the process of moving to the chosen state (a five year long process).  Some people will likely even move before than once the state is chosen.  I cannot imagine why we would stop recruiting during the five years we are making our way to our new home so our numbers should continue to increase the entire time.  

I have also considered that for every signed on member there are other potential members waiting to see how things work out.  When we reach 20k many will jump on the bandwagon to freedom and come along too.

Concerning your suggestion about homes and jobs, I also see us establishing some kind of networking which will help us in that area.  If those that go first can scope things out, they will be in a position to share information on the jobs, schools, and housing.  

I have also considered that we not only bring job hunters with us, we also bring consumers of goods and services, and members who could meet those needs.  An idea I had was a sort of member’s jobs and services classified.  That way if I need a plumber, I can check to see if there are members who are plumbers and if I like their prices I can hire one of them.  Members who start businesses might even want encourage other members to do business with them by offering a discount to other FSP members.

You could also list yourself as available for work and tell what kind of work you do.  

This could be applied to housing as well.  Say I moved there before you, bought a couple of houses, I could then advertise to members coming in that I have a couple of houses to rent.  

I'm sure there will be plenty of networking between members in some way or other.  We are limited only by our imagination.

Meg
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

marciesmom

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 08:10:37 am »

We're doing our own state research now.  I'm compiling data that concerns us & what we want to do, getting maps of all the states to check out small towns (which I much prefer to big cities), and will get all the info I can on each state.  If we do this (still hoping DH will go for it), we will probably move shortly after a state is chosen.  I'd rather get settled into a community ASAP.

Matthew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 09:28:33 am »

"Members who start businesses might even want encourage other members to do business with them by offering a discount to other FSP members."

I had that exact same idea!
"And if Donald Trump delivered the mail, you could send letters for 12 cents, and also gamble with the stamps." Howard Stern

Bill

• David Nolan and I, 2002 LP National Convention
    • Bill's web sight
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 09:23:56 pm »

"Members who start businesses might even want encourage other members to do business with them by offering a discount to other FSP members."

I like how the Christians use the fish symbol on all of their advertising to simplify this type of group affiliation. How about a statue of liberty or porcupine logo on all such advertisements?

Mega Joule

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2002, 04:47:30 am »

I like how the Christians use the fish symbol on all of their advertising to simplify this type of group affiliation. How about a statue of liberty or porcupine logo on all such advertisements?

Definitely the porcupine.   :D

Meg
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)
Pages: [1]   Go Up