Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning to move, need some guidance  (Read 1395 times)

majinkoola

Planning to move, need some guidance
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:43:39 am »

So I've been contemplating a move for a couple years now but am now nearly fully on board. Here's my deal.

I graduated from college last year with a math/econ degree. I didn't get a full time job and have been living with my brother and working part time as a tutor. I've been trying to get into the actuarial field, passed some actuarial exams, and have had an internship, but no luck with a full time position.

I have a car, so I could drive back, but would prefer to not. Ideally, I'd sell that to have some more funds and fly back, then move somewhere that a car is not necessary and where I could land a seasonal job (doesn't have to be related to my background) immediately. I've heard there are scores of open seasonal jobs along the coast, is that actually true? I would actually prefer somewhere near the coast like Portsmouth, but again, my main two criteria are that I could get a job immediately and would not require a car.

Anyways, any help will be appreciated. I'll be arriving at some time within the next month and giving this a shot regardless.

BigJoe

Re: Planning to move, need some guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:19:20 am »

cue the Seabrook pitch  ;D

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 05:28:01 am »

No car?

Manch
downtown keene
Concord
Portsmouth
Nashua

but it is much better to have a car.

Would you be willing to take 'any' job to pay the bills and then try to find work in your field?

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:08:47 am »

There are many seasonal jobs along the coast (Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton Beach) and in the Lakes Region (Laconia, Meredith).  All the campgrounds in the state are seasonal as well, and open in April or May.

To find such jobs, I'd start with jobsnh.com, craigslist, and unionleader.com.  You can also call campgrounds and resorts directly. 

Good luck and welcome home!
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up