Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women in the FSP? My GF needs some friends!  (Read 2342 times)

OnLifeAndLiberty.com - Erik

• Give trade a chance!
    • On Life and Liberty
Women in the FSP? My GF needs some friends!
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

Hi all,

If all goes to plan, my girlfriend and I will be moving to New Hampshire within the next 2-3 months. I'm extremely excited about the prospect, but she has concerns. One of these concerns is that she thinks the FSP is made of almost all guys and she would feel lonely while I'm out dismantling the government with my new friends.

So, what portion of FSP (and its corresponding social circles) is female? Are there a lot of girls making friends with each other as new movers? Is there anyone in particular I should have my girlfriend contact ahead of time to discuss and set her mind at ease?  FYI we're both in our mid-20's. She's into graphic design, Carl Sagan, and go-go nightclub dancing =)

Thanks for your input!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Women in the FSP? My GF needs some friends!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:13:20 am »

the majority of the FSP is male however.. there are still plently of females in the FSP  (and the women get things done)

where are you moving to?

welcome!!!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:47:35 am »

Hi all,

If all goes to plan, my girlfriend and I will be moving to New Hampshire within the next 2-3 months. I'm extremely excited about the prospect, but she has concerns. One of these concerns is that she thinks the FSP is made of almost all guys and she would feel lonely while I'm out dismantling the government with my new friends.

So, what portion of FSP (and its corresponding social circles) is female? Are there a lot of girls making friends with each other as new movers? Is there anyone in particular I should have my girlfriend contact ahead of time to discuss and set her mind at ease?  FYI we're both in our mid-20's. She's into graphic design, Carl Sagan, and go-go nightclub dancing =)

Thanks for your input!

Have her contact Aida and Smeg, in Keene. Two very friendly young ladies, they can show her the ropes and put her mind at ease.

http://forum.freekeene.com
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

JessAZ

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:05:04 pm »

I am a 23/f Freestater! My husband, 27, and I will be out there (Manchester area probably) by the end of this year at the latest, hopefully sooner. I had the same concerns as your girlfriend! I also enjoy dancing at the clubs, so we could be partners in crime  >:D Have her send me a message so we can chat.

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:18:37 pm »

Amongst the porcs who currently reside in NH I would say it is about 70% Male 30% female. Your girlfriend should have no problem making friends as long as she goes to weekly meetups and such at least once in while.

Alex Libman

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:36 am »

Cloning of libertarian human females is the only sensible answer!

(Thread hijacked.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:06:14 am by Alex Libman »

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 09:02:34 am »

Plenty of women in the FSP and more all the time, and the Liberty Ladies was specifically created for the sort of social aspect you're asking about: women finding other women as friends, beyond the activism aspect, more of a social connection, since you can't do activism 100% of the time...

Most FSP women find they have more female friends than ever before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up