Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love what you are doing  (Read 4488 times)

kyfornow

Re: Love what you are doing
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 11:27:52 pm »

tacos

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »

"Freedom is great - unless I have to be cold!"

Enjoy your chains, dude.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

kyfornow

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

My biggest fear is income,

I have always had 2 jobs plus worked overtime and money was not ever a concern.  When I first got out of college I had $4400 in savings and went through it in 7 months until I got my first full time job.   I'm coming to NH with substantially less than $4400 and no work as of yet
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:09:53 am by kyfornow »

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 01:07:38 am »

"Freedom is great - unless I have to be cold!"

Enjoy your chains, dude.

Maybe not the best approach to recruiting?

Um, hey beren, you might want to check out Porcfest.  It is a great event in the summer.  You will get to meet 600+ pro-freedom people in a campground in northern NH.  Good times all around.
http://www.freestateproject.org/festival/

freedomroad

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 01:09:41 am »

I have always had 2 jobs plus worked overtime and money was not ever a concern.  I'm coming to NH with substantially less than $4400 and no work as of yet

There is lots of work in NH and the surrounding areas.  Remember, several hundred thousand of the folks in NH live in the Boston MSA.  The MSA is one of the largest in the nation with around five million people.  There are also jobs in other parts of NH and other border areas.  You could always get a telecommute or online job, too.

kyfornow

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:32 am »

I have always had 2 jobs plus worked overtime and money was not ever a concern.  I'm coming to NH with substantially less than $4400 and no work as of yet

There is lots of work in NH and the surrounding areas.  Remember, several hundred thousand of the folks in NH live in the Boston MSA.  The MSA is one of the largest in the nation with around five million people.  There are also jobs in other parts of NH and other border areas.  You could always get a telecommute or online job, too.

Well I don't think work would be as much of a problem , if I was less choosy. But I frankly don't a job where the employer wants me to comply with all kinds of government regs (drivers license, SSN state id, taxes etc)

Alex Libman

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:27 am »

There are so many sacrifices I've made as a tax resister: I've quit a high-paying job that involved some indirect government butt-kissing, I limited my income to bare bones survival mode, I stopped driving, I often walk for hours with a backpack instead of taking a government-subsidized bus, I've defended things using my real name on the Internet that no one who googles it will ever want to hire me for any job again, I even switched to a "tax resister diet" (stricter than vegan).  Etc, etc, etc.  The climate difference between NJ and NH hardly makes the Top 10 list - in fact I'm working on a switch to 100% solar-powered electric heating someday, which would require rationing hot water, etc.  If Alex Libman can quit his yuppie apartment, meat, beer, cigs, prostitutes, German sports cars, Microsoft Visual Studio, daily showers, and probably spend years in prison... then you can put on an extra sweater too!  ::)

</preachy_asshole>
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:14:21 am by Alex Libman »

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 01:47:16 pm »

Well I don't think work would be as much of a problem , if I was less choosy. But I frankly don't a job where the employer wants me to comply with all kinds of government regs (drivers license, SSN state id, taxes etc)

IF I HAVE TO PISS IN A BOTTLE
  ("Time in a Bottle")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ichO7gAeOGE    (suggested by Rich Angell)
COPYRIGHT 2010 by Sam A. Robrin or whoever the hell it is who writes these things. Go ahead and use it (hey,I lifted th melody), but if you make a little money on it, I want some!

If I have to piss in a bottle,
As employers have lately proposed,
   I'll say, "Speak no more of it--
   Take this job and shove it
Where solider waste is disposed."

If I have to fill up a pee cup,
And fill out a W-2,
   Don't know what makes me madder--
   Empty wallet or bladder,
But I'm too pissed to pee-pee for you.

No, there doesn't seem to be enough room
   To go about your private life