Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atlas Shrugged DVD MoneyBomb!  (Read 4022 times)

Alex Libman

Atlas Shrugged DVD MoneyBomb!
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:42:59 pm »

It all starts here!

Well, OK, it started with this e-mail from my spambox:

"A white rectangle hung over the city,
     imparting the date to the men in the streets below.       
     In the rusty light of this evening's sunset,
     the rectangle said: September 2."

-- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

You didn't think we were going to let this day just slip by did you?

We've been very hard at work and are extremely proud to finally present to you...

ATLAS SHRUGGED PART I on DVD

Please stop by the updated
    Atlas Shrugged Movie Merchandise store
    to check out some great products,
    from the new "Film Cell"
    to the "Collector's 4 DVD Box Set",
    to the new "Deluxe Galt Collection",
    we simply couldn't be more proud.

Pre-Order the Atlas Shrugged DVD now.

NOTE:  Pre-Orders will ship November 8, 2011.

One Ron-Paul-sized money-bomb would be a tremendous boost and would assure the sequels are made!

Alex Libman

Re: Atlas Shrugged DVD MoneyBomb!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

aaaaaand we've finally got torrents!

Oh, the hypocrisy!  :D

But we are a multifaceted and evolving movement, and no one can be expected to agree on 100% of the issues.  The morality of intellectual property is very complex...  You can donate the money you save directly to the Ayn Rand Institute [WP], The Atlas Society [WP], etc.  The philosophy is better than the book, and the book is A LOT better than the movie!

Free-NOT Necessitious

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:05:48 pm »

Hello Alex,

I bought the DVD at Fry’s on Saturday; it was the last one, and the Blu Ray was sold out. Watched w/ a friend—who I’ve been trying, for years, to get to read the book—and she is now reading it.

Everyone that I care about will be getting one for Christmas, and, umm, yes, I will buy them. I’m hoping that this movie will get millions more to read the book, and reconsider the whole Big Government issue.   :)

Thanks for the post.

Alex Libman

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:59 pm »

Excellent!

Suggested gift bundle, in case anyone cares to spend more: the movie + the audiobook.  (The preceding BT link is to the unabridged Christopher Hurt reading, split to MP3's by chapter - I find the latter fact particularly convenient.)  The audiobook can be purchased on sites like Audible.com, which have some sort of a gift service.

I used to own a multitude of Ayn Rand books (some even going back to my pre-libertarian greentard days).  In spite of my material minimalism, I still own a few.  I've never read Atlas Shrugged cover-to-cover on paper, however, even though I have it nearly memorized.  I think listening to it as an audio-book makes a lot more sense.  I like listening to audio books in general, because it gives my eyes a little bit of rest, but I find Ayn Rand's fiction to be particularly more powerful when ingested through the spoken word.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:31:17 pm by Alex Libman »

Free-NOT Necessitious

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »

Aha! I hadn’t thought of the audiobook; I do better with the written word, myself, but I do have two friends who seem to retain more, and better, with audiobooks.   :D

Thanks again.

Alex Libman

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 04:02:55 pm »

If you haven't read the book, your money would be better spent on that than the dvd. 

Atlas Shrugged Part I movie = Stoddard Temple.

As soon as I saw the trailer and the lame acting, I realized that it was a probably set up intended to fail.  I might change my opinion if Part II is ever made.   

Tu ne cede malis.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »

If you haven't read the book, your money would be better spent on that than the dvd. 

Atlas Shrugged Part I movie = Stoddard Temple.

As soon as I saw the trailer and the lame acting, I realized that it was a probably set up intended to fail.  I might change my opinion if Part II is ever made.   

part II due out April 15, 2012 (if all goes according to plan).. might be later at this point

Alex Libman

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »

You cannot judge this film without considering its budget.

Of course I would have made it into an anime miniseries instead - much more cost-effective (especially if you use North Korean animators), and you wouldn't believe how many pages could be cut if Dagny interrogated Stadler and then Akston with some nunchucks...  :P

Free-NOT Necessitious

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:25:44 am »

Of course I would have made it into an anime miniseries instead - much more cost-effective (especially if you use North Korean animators), and you wouldn't believe how many pages could be cut if Dagny interrogated Stadler and then Akston with some nunchucks...  :P
Maybe John Galt could draft Howard Roark to blow up some buildings? Kewel...   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up