Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Settled Into Nashua  (Read 5999 times)

Ronald Brophy

• FSP Participant
Getting Settled Into Nashua
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »

Greetings!

I've just recently arrived in Nashua, inspired to move here by FSP and the liberty movement, in general.

I've departed from the People's Republic of New York to come here. I'm originally from the Buffalo region, and have lived in Western NY my whole life, up until now.

I'm an undergrad looking to get settled in, secure a job and then look toward finishing school. I decided on Nashua, since it would put me in a good position for plenty of employment and educational prospects.

I'm very eager to get in touch with and get to know some libertarians in the area, I don't know too many people in these parts, just yet.

My thanks for any advice,
Ron Brophy
Ronald G Brophy II
Moved: 12/10/09

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Getting Settled Into Nashua
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »

Welcome home! I hope some people in the area chime in with opportunities to get involved. Nashua is a great town. Convenient to so many places and things. We stayed there about 4 weeks until we got an apartment in Manchester. Then we moved to Derry for a few years and are now in Barnstead. I love New Hampshire.

Cathleen

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:24:50 pm »

Hey Broseph, check out Taproom Tuesday (7pm) at Murphy's in Manchester. Its a great time/place to meet a bunch of porcs
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:16:04 pm »

Welcome, Ronald,

Here are a few things going on in Nashua that we'd love to see you come to:

Every Wednesday night, 7PM, Borders Bookstore, South Nashua: Freedom Forum, the longest-running discussion group in New-Hampshire. We started about 15 years ago and are the successor to the New Hampshire Libertarian Supper Club that must have run for at least 5 years.
Google Map to Borders: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=281+Daniel+Webster+Hwy,+Nashua,+NH+03060+(Borders+Books+Music+Movies+%26+Cafe)&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.14027,89.560547&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=281+Daniel+Webster+Hwy,+Nashua,+Hillsborough,+New+Hampshire+03060&z=16

Every Sunday at noon, Peddler's Daughter Restaurant on Main Street, Nashua Liberty Discourse,  which has been going on since summer. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=120035834535

First Sunday evening every month, Fody's Tavern in Railroad Square, Nashua Liberty Social. We've had our first social in December, so we'll have our 2nd one January 4th. Facebook page for this: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=199930609406&ref=mf

I believe the Freedom Film Festival is going to start up again soon after a couple of years on hiatus. It was at: http://fff.ijaq.net/ - I think you can still go on there and see which movies we screened in the past.

The first Tuesday of every month, Merrimack Valley 911 Truth has a screening at the Balanced Health Center office. Web site for meetup group: http://mv911t.org.

I'd be glad to show you around or recommend local doctors, dentists, mechanics, etc. to you. I know the place pretty well, since I lived there for over 25 years. By the way, the state Rep. that won the Legislator of the Year award from the NH Liberty Alliance is in Nashua, Dee Hogan. She used to come to FreedomForum to learn her chops :)

Call anytime with any questions about the area:

Jack, 233-1058

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:56:55 pm »

Oh cool.  Nashua is getting quite a few movers as of late.  There is a lot of freedom potential there.  Ron Paul Republicans get elected and there is even a local libertarian talk show hosted by another FSP mover on the radio in Nashua.

ATL2NH

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

This is so exciting! I am really happy for you and your relocation. We visited family between Christmas and New Years and had a great time. We were in the Plaistow area, but used it as an opportunity to really explore the Seacoast and Merrimack Valley regions. Even made it over to Free Keene! The snow was beautiful and so were the people and we can't wait to get up there as well. Hopefully things will fall in place soon and we will be moving this summer some time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up