Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agorists UNITE!  (Read 4948 times)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Agorists UNITE!
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:53:43 pm »

Hello all. I would like to form the PorcFest Agorist Co-operative, or PFAC. (Aka Our Merry Band of Agorists, or OMBA).

As I envision it, PFAC members would be visible, similar to PorcFest volunteers.

PFAC members would be available to answer questions, direct potential customers, and conduct free market transactions, on behalf of themselves, or as an intermediary.

Perceived advantages to a loose co-operative include: Being aware of most available free market opportunities, rather than just your own. Increase sales in your own particular line, from an increase in visibility (without screaming "I'm breaking the law!"), and "word of mouth" driven sales leads from other OMBA's. A loose Agorist network! Potential referral income. Etc etc.

So how bout it, folks?

I'm thinking we can make some shirts, or use some other identifier, which we'll wait until PF to reveal.
We can also discuss the various ins and outs of a loose co-operative.

Laissez Faire!

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=2131.0
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=19770.0
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:00:47 pm by Sovereign Curtis »
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Agorists UNITE!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:55 pm »

From Diann of The Domes:

Greetings.

I am implementing an installation within PorcFest 2010; utilizing concepts similar to a Coffee House and Flea Market.

My hopes are to expand the community and network a more diverse group of people who share many common ideals.

The Goals:
a.) Connect/Network
b.) Expand our business and ideas
c.) Rage It

The "Coffee House" aspect is the entertainment.
I plan on having a variety of performances.
Dance, Poetry, Music, Comedy, Fun Auctions, etc.
...And if you/others have any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

The "Flea Market" is looking for independent vendors with things like
food, art, jewelry, instruments, equipment, music, precious metals, gems, machines... whatever it is you sell.
...skills and labor?
...anything that can be bought, sold, or traded.

The idea is to create a free-market, independent from fiat currencies;
utilizing the resources and skills we have to obtain our needs.
Business remains within our communities/networks;
establishing/keeping ties strong especially in times of need.

I'm also open to having a couple tables with some worthy organizations.

The dates for the festival itself:
Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 6:00 am
until
Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Lancaster, NH

Please consider. Keep the date.

-------------------------------------------

This is part of the Seventh Annual PorcFest

Do you have some entertaining to do, entertainers to bring, skills, business, free time, or want to simply get down with fun productive people in a beautiful place?

I will supply you with more details upon contact/request.

Thanks and Hopes of your participation,
Diann

: )
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:05:45 pm »

Aloha Agorists/Ancaps/FreeMarketeers/Etc.

Carla will be convening a PorcFest planning meeting at the upcoming Taproom Tuesday @ Murphy's Taproom, so

I will be taking this opportunity to hold an impromptu meeting of the PorcFest Agorist Co-Operative, after.

So, to all those interested, the first (informal) meeting of the PorcFest Agorist Co-Operative will be this coming Tuesday at Murphy's Taproom, following the meeting of the PorcFest planning committee.

I encourage all those interested to attend, and if you cant, but are still interested in participating,
please offer up suggestions for an online place/site/etc for planning and info sharing, that is at least somewhat private/secure, so everyone can stay informed without having to inform the world.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250412544087

joe_m

• I'm an alpaca!
    • Funktard Troll
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:33:35 pm »

I like your ideas, but I'm not sure naming your group something that so closesly resembles "Obama" gives the riight image. Was that meant to be ironic?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

I like your ideas, but I'm not sure naming your group something that so closesly resembles "Obama" gives the riight image. Was that meant to be ironic?

lol, no. And its not been used since I suggested it.

We are the Porc-Fest Agorist Cooperative.

Pages: [1]   Go Up