Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 5257 times)

kyfornow

Ideas
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:12 am »

Trying to work toward having 20,000 people to move to one place can seem a daunting task I'm sure, BUT

What is the extent to which the FSP is exposed to other people.  To this day I have yet to have heard of the FSP.  Other than on FTL, which I found trying to replace the mainstream radio shows I have never heard of the FSP. 

And it seems there are some cheap or free methods that could be employed and I'm wondering, "Are people being encouraged or motivated to do these things?"

If there are nearly 10,000 people signed for the FSP, what are those 10,000 people doing, while they're waiting or preparing to move to NH? 

I am a person with lots of ideas, as I have said- maybe some have already been tried, maybe some are being done right now. Either way here they are

1) Talking- talking is free and fairly easy, especially if you like to talk, as I do.  If you are a FSP participant, not yet moved to NH, you can talk, educate people, especially when teachable moments arise.  Speaking for myself, I know that I take EVERY opportunity to discuss liberty and the FSP with people, every day.  I try not to get to the point where I'm like an obnoxious religious person who preaches about your soul, but I try to talk as much as I can about the subject.  Every friend, family member, and most of the non-work acquaintances I have, have now heard of the FSP, some have looked at the website.  They all are aware I am visiting NH and hopefully going to move there. 

Even the Greek guy who’s restaurant I patronize 2-3 times a week.

“Chris, you won’t be seeing me the week of Christmas.  I‘m going to New Hampshire.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah I’m looking to move there”

“How come, better work?”

“Well no, I’d be moving there because many freedom and liberty activists are moving there.  See there’s this thing called the free state project, an idea where people who want freedom should all move…”

BAM I just  exposed somebody to the word FSP.  Now I may not get anywhere with it, but anybody who’s ever done sales knows, sometimes you have to make hundreds or thousands of cold calls/approaches to get a sale.  I’ll talk to him, the people in my bank, etc. 

Anybody anywhere can talk, and you can encourage others to talk to.  If you know other FSP signers/volunteers, motivate them constantly to be just talking. 

2) posters, business cards etc.  Not completely free, but not an arm and a leg either.  I know on the FreeTalk Live site, they have banners and posters you can print out to promote the show. 

Other than the cost of the copies, there’s not a great deal of cost involved.  And it’s not like you have to walk the streets all day.  Keep them in your car and when you are getting ready to go into a business or establishment with bulletin boards, slap one on there. 

3) If you have a myspace/face book etc, I know a lot of people decorate them with backgrounds and designs and all that stupid crap. 

So you could actually make it useful, and put stuff that lets people know about the FSP.  That way all the people who see your site see that you’ve blogged about something called FSP, and now they’ve heard of it. And they may even ask you questions? 
Have FSP oriented background and such, that way people can’t miss it.

4) Going into online forums and discussion boards and mentioning the FSP, especially as a follow up to a political discussion
For example you can go into the rant and rave section of Craig list where somebody’s complaining about the police department, or the roads or taxes or whatever,  and say something like

“Here’s an even better answer to your problem.  Want to live in a society with less government, more common sense and personal responsibility.  Hundreds of people have moved to NH and thousands more have committed to do so as part of the “Free State project” an idea that is about 20,000 or more people moving to one state, so they can work together to keep or restore their freedoms and rights!”

5) Writing Freestateproject.org “Move to a place where you can be free” on  money

6) Someone(s) in NH going around to businesses or writing letters or emails to them saying you’re looking for businesses that encourage freedom and the private/free market.  You can educate them on how more freedom is beneficial to a company just as to an individual.   Etc etc, you can fathom the particulars that go with this tactic, but the point is then you take those businesses that are freedom friendly and you have a list on the FSP, or maybe somebody can even develop a whole separate website, perhaps call it “Freedom friendly jobs”   

It would be a great way for people looking for work in NH to be able to target businesses that are of like mind, which would also help increase the potential of some people thinking of moving to NH.

This is about half of the stuff swirling through my head right now, but I figure it’s enough.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:38:09 am »

What is the extent to which the FSP is exposed to other people.

The FSP does not currently have a publicist. I'd prefer to see that defect remedied sooner rather than later. But that means someone needs to step up to the plate.

kyfornow

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:08:58 am »

Yes and I would suspect that is a difficult thing to find

Personally I am a doer.  I'm the guy you want to have around to get stuff done.

setup tables and get stuff ready for an event
carry things,
move things,
clean up after an event or activity
put up flyers
etc

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:10:30 am by kyfornow »

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 02:15:38 am »

Anybody can do it really. Best person for the job is someone with networking experience or a college student (someone looking for publicist or marketing experience; great educational opportunity).

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:43:46 am »

I think the writing on money idea is great!
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:14:46 am »

anybody who’s ever done sales knows, sometimes you have to make hundreds or thousands of cold calls/approaches to get a sale. 

If you cant close 5% of your cold calls (1 in 20), you really shouldn't be in sales. 1/1000? Do you know how long it takes to knock 1000 doors?!? MINIMUM FIVE DAYS.
1 sale every five days and you're going to starve (if you're a full-commission salesman. If not, you're about to be fired for your .1% closing ratio).
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

kyfornow

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:19 am »

Well yeah in real sales, but in terms of talking to people about liberty, you have nothing invested, you won't starve.

if an opportunity presents itself at all, I'd rather talk to somebody about FSP instead of who won the basketall game last night, or whatever else.  But the fact is talking to people is free.

kyfornow

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:48:19 am »

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets yesterday to protest world governments and what they are doing about climate change.  TENS of THOUSANDS.

over 1000 got arrested. 
if that many people are willing to stand up and show government how they feel about clouds and water and trees, why aren't there more people willing to do something about freedom.

kyfornow

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 11:50:51 pm »

idea for a flyer- don't know how it works with the whole copyright thing

The Federal Government’s forced health care plan- $848 billion dollars

Federal budget deficit- 120 billion dollars

Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan- $942 trillion dollars

Moving to New Hampshire to join thousands of others who are working toward more freedom and less government- priceless

Freestateproject.org

kyfornow

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 11:56:42 pm »

I've got a whole range of ideas for different things for flyers/posters. 

I remember this series of anti-meth ads called the Montana meth project from a few years ago.  Whoever wrote those ads was brilliant because after watching them, I can't imagine who would ever want to use meth.

I think that's something the FSP needs is reallly good attention grabbing phrases on some flyers and whatever other media people are seeing.

They have to really get people thinking and get their attention.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 12:00:29 am »

I think that's something the FSP needs is reallly good attention grabbing phrases on some flyers and whatever other media people are seeing.

So whatcha got?

kyfornow

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 12:10:46 am »

Well for example,
like being a teacher, most kids, especially in public schools, don't want to be in your class, so you have to find a way to connect to them

If they like football, you lure them into the social studies lessons by teaching a lesson that has something about football in it

The same with people who still have the state mentality- you lure them in by showing them how the FSP is relevant to them, how liberty idealogy is relevant to them.  I keep probing my super christian friend by talking about laws that are forced on church organizations etc.

So the same goes for some of the advertising that is done
It either has to show relevance to the person, be catchy or both

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 12:14:12 am »

Right. You got some ideas for it?

kyfornow

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 12:15:16 am »

so ads with a pop culture oriented theme

or you can use shock value ads
ads that might make people say "Man the US government really is BAD.  I'm gonna check out this website"

kyfornow

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 12:18:10 am »

Right. You got some ideas for it?

Well there's the one above, the priceless idea

then for another quick one you can do something like

"Do we really live in a free country?"

Find out at freestateproject.org

hold on I have to materialize all this stuff that's in my head
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up