Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I like the FSP  (Read 10441 times)

kyfornow

Re: I don't think I like the FSP
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:33 pm »

I've seen both of these two especially in youtube videos, interviews etc.  and they seem to carry themselves in an overly sophisticated way, and wearing suits and talking in a way that makes me want to locate the nearest redneck and listen to them speak, so I can balance out what I just heard.

Heaven forbid.....well-spoken, good looking men in suits. :o

I'll make you a deal.....you can have your pick of the rednecks if I can have my pick of the well-spoken, good looking men in suits. ;)

Well I'll pass on both accounts because

1) I'd only want women

2) Besides that I'd rather just find a job when I come to NH, they're not as much work :P

kyfornow

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 11:03:27 pm »

And I grew up in the north, went to college, and read a great deal: you going to criticize me if I speak in some "overly sophisticated way"? C'mon. This is like "urbanites" calling rednecks stupid because of the way they speak. Ever notice the animosity flows both ways between groups? I highly encourage you not to support these artificial divisions among us. :)

The unfortunate aspect of this is that people do tend to gravitate to groups, and are most often xenophobic of outsiders. 

The post you just wrote is copyrighted by you!

The only problem with that is I don't believe in copyrights.

There was actually some recent chatter here about that. People can use the FSP logo, etc. without getting any permission. You'll find some old threads here of people asking how to get permission (seriously, have a look around). Like most things in the FSP, it's rather informal.

I actually intend to do this very thing myself as soon as I get back from my NH trip.  I’m going to make about 2-300 copies and keep them with me of some kind of FSP flyer (perhaps you have a generic one of some sort all ready to go) and I’m just going to put them on bulletin boards and at other eye-catching spots.  It’s inexpensive, probably won’t get a lot of hits, but even if it attracts ONE person’s attention, that’s one more than was gotten by doing nothing.

Politico-speak? Not sure why what you mean there, but many aspects of the FSP necessarily involve politics at least tangentially, so that's not too surprising.
Policies & formalities? Absolutely. There are policies. We do collect donations from thousands of people. Therefore, we absolutely MUST take measures to know that money is being spent wisely and not wasted. And the FSP does a very good job of that. That said, the FSP is probably THE loosest run organization I've ever seen. That's not necessarily a bad thing either. Given its nature, that's a good thing.

Fair enough. 

If I recall, you're visiting right between Xmas and New Years. Seems like a "bad time" for doing any substantial activism activities. Have you checked out freekeene.com? You might be able to find something going on there. (I can't believe i just plugged that site...)

Yes, this I know, but I am limited to that week.  Hopefully the next time I come to NH , it will be a one way trip.

All right so it appears the FSP isn’t so bad after all.  All of you provide more than reasonable demonstration to eradicate my concerns.  Even the things I don’t necessarily agree with, I can fully understand where they come from.

Anybody need help?

ny2nh

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:58 am »

Heaven forbid.....well-spoken, good looking men in suits. :o

I'll make you a deal.....you can have your pick of the rednecks if I can have my pick of the well-spoken, good looking men in suits. ;)

Well I'll pass on both accounts because

1) I'd only want women

2) Besides that I'd rather just find a job when I come to NH, they're not as much work :P

There is no distinction that rednecks are all men...there are plenty of redneck women, too.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 07:31:05 am »

I actually intend to do this very thing myself as soon as I get back from my NH trip.  I’m going to make about 2-300 copies and keep them with me of some kind of FSP flyer (perhaps you have a generic one of some sort all ready to go) and I’m just going to put them on bulletin boards and at other eye-catching spots.  It’s inexpensive, probably won’t get a lot of hits, but even if it attracts ONE person’s attention, that’s one more than was gotten by doing nothing.

This is a great idea.
I do this often when I am not in NH.
I have 2 sets of flyers.

FSP flyers that I put out in 'political' places
and FTL flyers that I put out in other places.

and you are right... I only have to get it to one person.  (who may in turn pass it to others... that is how I found out about the FSP 5 years ago)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:42:30 pm by Dreepa »

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 12:27:31 pm »

And I grew up in the north, went to college, and read a great deal: you going to criticize me if I speak in some "overly sophisticated way"? C'mon. This is like "urbanites" calling rednecks stupid because of the way they speak. Ever notice the animosity flows both ways between groups? I highly encourage you not to support these artificial divisions among us. :)

The unfortunate aspect of this is that people do tend to gravitate to groups, and are most often xenophobic of outsiders. 

Outsiders? You mean such as yourself? [/thread]
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up