Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just as a sidebar - Anybody go to the Marlboro MA gun show?  (Read 2277 times)

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
Just as a sidebar - Anybody go to the Marlboro MA gun show?
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:02:38 pm »

It really has nothing to do with the NH freeze state project but did anyone here (maybe you live in MA) attend the Marlboro MA gun show (in Marlboro MA)? I haven't been to one in about 6 years (I think). Just as the last one I attended - you couldn't find parking!! The place was filled to the hilt. Oddly enough, it was my wife who wanted to go because now she wants a gun license. She's gone from can't stand them / don't want anything to do with them to"I think now that we have the President that we do, it's time I started to carry." Thank you Shmobama!

Years back, there was a quite a lot of good new stock to buy in the handgun arena. This time it looked like a "let's empty out the closet" sale although I was quite attracted to the new "Sigs" display. Some very nice pieces in the way of long guns however. Oh - Knives!!! My Gosh! It really was a Gun and Knife Show. I keep a few around but don't favor them very much. I'm just a klutz.

Just curious if anyone had any feelings / observations. I absolutely loved watching the crowd. I'm a bit of a people watcher (no - I'm not a stalker). People and their actions just fascinate me although I cannot stand crowds. It seems that nobody is at their best in a crowd situation. However, it just makes you feel good to see so many people into firearms in the state that until this past election was the most "belly up liberal" of just about them all. It made me feel some respect for the good people - and these were truly good people. I don't think there could be any better sight than a family of four carrying out rifles. OK - maybe a family of twelve. Everyone was friendly, happy to be out, and just showing appreciation to be able to attend the show. There were dads with kids, families, older gents and ladies. A very nice mix. It just made me feel good about my Country - something I don't get to experience very often.

Are there any gun shows coming up in NH? I'd rather do business in this state.The less tax I pay, the better I like it.

Dave N.
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
Re: Just as a sidebar - Anybody go to the Marlboro MA gun show?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:42:07 pm »

http://www.dipromo.com/index.php?page=gun_shows

Gun Show Dates for 2010:

January 09 - 10  Manchester, NH
January 16 - 17  Waterville, ME
February 20 - 21  West Lebanon, NH
April 17 - 18  Concord, NH
April 24 - 25  Biddeford, ME
August 28 - 29  Augusta, ME
September 04 - 05  Concord, NH
October 16 - 17  Manchester, NH
October 23 - 24  Waterville, ME
November 20 - 21  West Lebanon, NH
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
Re: Just as a sidebar - Anybody go to the Marlboro MA gun show?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:35:59 pm »

Hey - thanks for the info. There are a few very close by. I appreciate your list. Let's see....copy.....paste!

Dave N.
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule
Pages: [1]   Go Up