Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Glen Beck ponders moving show to New Hampshire  (Read 14919 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
Glen Beck ponders moving show to New Hampshire
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:46:06 am »

Over the weekend I heard Glen Beck on his show, pondering moving to NH.   He asked for cities to write and convince him.  He thinks this could possibly be THE place

for entrepreneurs.  He's fascinated by "the history of New Hampshire"...it was fun to hear someone really wonder/guess about what FSPers allready know;

New Hampshire is THE place if you are serious about more liberty.

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

creaganlios

Re: Glen Beck ponders moving show to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:01:01 am »

Except that New Hampshire has a highly educated population and has no truck with Theocrats and hystrionics. 

Mr. Beck might find a more receptive audience in some Mississippian backwater, thank you....

madness!

• please feel free to friend me
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:54 pm »

I agree. NH is the place for liberty. so i am perplexed why he would want to move there...

yeah, an actual signature. does that blow your mind?!

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:47:10 pm »

Don't underestimate the effect of a video camera on rhetoric.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:47:53 pm »

I'm not a Beck worshipper but I think this could be a win for the project overall. If plenty of conservatives followed him here we could start to repeal lots of the taxes and fees that the dems imposed on us. Then we could educate these conservatives into libertarians.

Delphina

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:30:33 pm »

If he does decide NH is 'the place', those who hate him will call those of you who have worked so hard for years to make this happen blind followers of HIM.

Send him letters, tell him to stay away. That's my suggestion.

Edited because I was way, way too mean... I need to self-filter more as well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:37:25 pm by Delphina »
It's $3.00 for a Coke at the movies that costs $0.01 to make and yet some people are only upset that the chain they go to doesn't sell Pepsi.

lunchbox

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:07:51 pm »

I'm not a Beck worshipper but I think this could be a win for the project overall. If plenty of conservatives followed him here we could start to repeal lots of the taxes and fees that the dems imposed on us. Then we could educate these conservatives into libertarians.

You are making an assumption that old school Republicans still exist. The Republicans nowadays are wolves in sheep's clothing.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:29 pm »

You are making an assumption that old school Republicans still exist. The Republicans nowadays are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Sounds like you're making an assumption that all the republicans nowadays are wolves in sheep's clothing ;)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:35:25 pm »

Awesome!  More publicity is good, eh.  The more proliberty folks who check out New Hampshire, the better.

Let's make sure and let those folks know about the seacoast.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

creaganlios

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:36 pm »

We will accomplish the roll-back of taxes simply by through the numbers of independents and moderates who will switch back the GOP after initially giving the Dems  a try. 

The arrival of Beck, however, will chase those voters away and marginalize the anti-tax movement.  Please, Mr. Beck. stay away.

And fwiw, it's rather presumtive to assume that Conservatives merely need to be Educated. Many of them need to have their most deeply held principles - often enmeshed with Theological principles - completelely deconstructed, and that often takes a lifetime.  The 'alliance' of libertarians with Social Conservatives is a mistake and a disaster that will leave libertarians jilted at the altar, if not completely enslaved by their own lovers....

WendellBerry

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 05:57:58 pm »

The 'alliance' of libertarians with Social Conservatives is a mistake and a disaster that will leave libertarians jilted at the altar

The modern conservative moment circa Bill Buckley ('53) is coming apart at the seams...

1. traditionalists
2. libertarians
3. neo-cons

They are all opposed to each other's different agendas.

The unifying force in the past was fervent anti-communism.

The "war on terror" substitution of Iraq for the Soviet Union is a WEAK link.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:11:30 pm by WendellBerry »

Mo250

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 08:43:58 am »

Sounds like you're making an assumption that all the republicans nowadays are wolves in sheep's clothing ;)

name one who isn't

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 08:51:24 am »

name one who isn't

Ron Paul
Me
Many NH GOPers.

frankwtodd

• FSP Participant
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus!
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 09:54:37 am »

Many people may not like Beck, but he does bring out issues that the MSM often does not, or will not. The idea of freedom and limited government works. Not because someone like Beck chooses to come to NH or stays away, or because some talking head is a pinko control freak and talks down the FSP or liberty in general. It works because it has truth on its side. Beck or no Beck.

I personally defend his right to move where he wants and to say what he wants to whomever he wants. Even if I may disagree.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer

lloydbob1

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 10:09:04 am »

Yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up