Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanking the Free State Project  (Read 3012 times)

joanb

Thanking the Free State Project
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:56:39 pm »

How many people would get up out of bed on a Tuesday night, get dressed and drive 40 minutes out of their way to help out a fiend in trouble??
I'll tell you who would... any number of people who have moved to NH with the Free State Project.

Last night coming home from Taproom Tuesday in Manchester  (coming back to Portsmouth) I hit a deer on  and totaled my car. The state police that came out would not give me a ride
home and dropped me off at a hr dunkin donuts in Exeter... to find my own way home.  I started making phone calls and wasn't finding any answers. On a whim I called a friend's home, Renee, and her husband said he'd be glad to help me out.  Unbelievable.

You will not find people like Kenny and Renee anywhere else in these states. This IS what you will find here in NH.

Thank you FSP members!!!

Joan

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Thanking the Free State Project
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:18:23 pm »

hey give the state cops a break ... they only know how to get from the freeway to DD and back
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

joanb

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:27:30 pm »

hey give the state cops a break ... they only know how to get from the freeway to DD and back
yeah, considering it was in walking distance from the crash, I was so freakin impressed.
Now on the other hand, they did let me sit in the back seat of the cruiser 'cause I was shivering from
the cold.. Of course after warming up I realized I couldn't get out!!!!!!!!!  I drove the cop nuts getting
in the cruiser, warming up and then saying LET ME OUT!

FreeStyle

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:20:31 pm »

wow Joan.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »

Here all I have to add is this pic I took a couple years ago in Portsmouth NH.

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »

Last night coming home from Taproom Tuesday in Manchester  (coming back to Portsmouth) I hit a deer on  and totaled my car. The state police that came out would not give me a ridehome and dropped me off at a hr dunkin donuts in Exeter... to find my own way home.  I started making phone calls and wasn't finding any answers. On a whim I called a friend's home, Renee, and her husband said he'd be glad to help me out. Unbelievable.

Wow, glad you're alright!  Sounds like a good story of FSP participants to the rescue. Want to tell more people about it in the next newsletter? ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:50:25 pm by B.D. Ross »

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:40:04 pm »

that picture is great!
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

ny2nh

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:08:26 am »

Joan - glad you are OK!!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:07:11 am »

Kenny and Renee are great people.  We're quite glad to have them as neighbors.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Ad

• Wanted: Cold Weather, Hot Ranges
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 06:36:28 am »

I heard the call go out over porc 411 (unless someone else also hit a deer and put out a call lol). Good thing you found a ride!
Planning a combination honeymoon and recon trip to NH. Look for us in a few months!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 11:44:32 am »

Just glad you're okay.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 09:46:09 pm »

We should all be on Porc-411.
Cops are too busy collecting fines and fees to be bothered with a real public service like giving somebody a ride home on a cold night.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up