Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

If you or another liberty activist moved away from New Hampshire (or chose not to move) what were some of the reasons?

Family, split custody, ailing parent, etc.
- 2 (6.3%)
Extreme weather
- 2 (6.3%)
Lack of jobs
- 5 (15.6%)
Lack of housing
- 1 (3.1%)
Infighting/flame wars
- 3 (9.4%)
Not seeing achievements by activists
- 1 (3.1%)
Could not find a town that you liked
- 0 (0%)
Could not get interested in any activism
- 1 (3.1%)
Nothing to do up here
- 1 (3.1%)
FSP Board/ leadership, etc
- 0 (0%)
joined a western or southern fsp
- 0 (0%)
Other (add post)
- 16 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving away/choosing not to make the move...  (Read 12426 times)

FreeStyle

Re: Moving away/choosing not to make the move...
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 05:15:16 pm »

Oh wow!  Thanks a lot, yer MAAAAAJisty!   >:D

Bottom line, we've got lack of jobs and infighting.

The solution to both is to move out to the seacoast April/May and get some of the work available here.

If you choose anything other than non-aggression then you are just as bad as a statist and why on earth would someone opposed to the war you suggest decide that you're a friend to the movement?

you don't have to like anarchy.  You have to live with it, especially since it does nothing to harm you.  On the other hand, small government = small tyranny that some people might not like either.  Problem is with that scenario it's usually assumed that everyone wants it and it will then be stuffed down the throats of others. 

plainsman

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »

There's THE FSP, and just... fsp's.  Any state migration (Wyoming is next biggest, with over 100 movers, then Montana, Alaska, and the southern groups).  Unfortunately, the southern group never got together and committed to one state, so so much for that.

My main concern is identifying those issues that are causing some of our movers-in to become movers-out.

Those that moved here were joking themselves into believing Wyoming to be a free mans state.  It's Neo Con heaven and has little to offer, unless you are in the oil or mineral business.  The Feds and the State own most of the land and what little is available to the common man is the poorest of all possible.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 02:16:13 pm »

I dunno, some of the Wyoming folk seem to feel that the huge area alone gives them more freedom.  It's just impractical for code enforcement officers, tax collectors, and officers to get out to some of those areas.  Granted, some of northern New Hampshire is just as rural, but the drive time is not as long.

Many of the early anti-federalists were accused of being anarchists, in part because they believed that the national gov't's ONLY role was keeping us from getting a foreign gov't on this continent.

I'm not sure that you and I have the same definition of tyranny, but different people are free to think differently.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

FreeStyle

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »

"why should I trade 1 tyrant 1000 miles away for 1000 tyrants one mile away"

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 11:36:05 pm »

Why did you move from tyrants 1,000 miles away to have 1,000 anti-tyrants one mile away?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

plainsman

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 07:29:58 pm »

I dunno, some of the Wyoming folk seem to feel that the huge area alone gives them more freedom.  It's just impractical for code enforcement officers, tax collectors, and officers to get out to some of those areas.

Code enforcement - nada - down in CO or in a really, really BIG city.

Tax collectors - nada- you're thinking of NY or NJ maybe - not the west

Police officers - way too many. We already have in our little county - City, County, State officers plus BIA, DEA, ATF, FBI, ICE, CBP, USS - and a lot of retired officers.  Freedom is a state of mind, because in reality you're never free until you're toes up.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up