Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: GLBT FSPers?  (Read 10123 times)

creaganlios

GLBT FSPers?
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:39 pm »

Just curious if there are other GLBT FSPers out there.   I know that often (not always), folks who are otherwise pro-liberty have a 'blind spot' when it comes to to GLBT equality (and often oppose it in tortured terms in order to believe they are being consistent with their general libertarianism).

In any event, Thom (& my partner Scott) here...getting MARRIED 7/31/2010...I chair the NH Bears and we both have begun hosting Pink Pink Pistols shotts at our home...would love to connect with other gay folk out there....we're in Winchester (the Town in the SW corner of the State)

Thom

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: GLBT FSPers?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:56:31 pm »

Just curious if there are other GLBT FSPers out there.   I know that often (not always), folks who are otherwise pro-liberty have a 'blind spot' when it comes to to GLBT equality (and often oppose it in tortured terms in order to believe they are being consistent with their general libertarianism).

In any event, Thom (& my partner Scott) here...getting MARRIED 7/31/2010...I chair the NH Bears and we both have begun hosting Pink Pink Pistols shotts at our home...would love to connect with other gay folk out there....we're in Winchester (the Town in the SW corner of the State)

Thom

congrats on the wedding... this coming from a 'conservative' I know you don't like that word... but I am a true one. :P (to me it means I mind my own business)

I know of at least 2 openly gay FSPers here in NH... but I will let them comment for themselves.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:30:00 am »

I know exactly what you're talking about, bud.  Equality is for everyone over 18. ;D

I can think of at least five gblt members off the top of my head.  There are actually lots of folks who swing the other way in the FSP, and more are always welcome.

Hope to see you guys soon, and be sure to sign up on Next 1,000 (one sig for each).
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

creaganlios

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:52:28 am »

I know exactly what you're talking about, bud.  Equality is for everyone over 18. ;D

I can think of at least five gblt members off the top of my head.  There are actually lots of folks who swing the other way in the FSP, and more are always welcome.

Hope to see you guys soon, and be sure to sign up on Next 1,000 (one sig for each).

Swing "the other way?"  You're mean they're going straight?!    ;D

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:03:50 pm »

Thom

Is this the Thom formerly of the Ceildh House?  (Looks like you.)

Have you met Dale from AnarchyinyourHead.com?  He lives in Marlborough.  You may also want to head over to the Free Keene Forum to connect with other liberty lovers in the area - there's a lot going on out here.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:36:41 pm »

Swing "the other way?"  You're mean they're going straight?!    ;D

West coast parlance, I guess you could call it.  I have friends out there who call it that for whatever reason.  I personally don't see that it's anyone else's business.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

creaganlios

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 03:36:47 pm »

Is this the Thom formerly of the Ceildh House?  (Looks like you.)

Indeed, it is  :)

Have you met Dale from AnarchyinyourHead.com?  He lives in Marlborough. 

Indeed, I have not.

You may also want to head over to the Free Keene Forum to connect with other liberty lovers in the area - there's a lot going on out here.

I don't know...the Keene bunch scares me a bit....I definitely NOT an anarchist but swing towards the pragmatist, non-ideological end of every question...which explains why I haven't been 'involved' with the Keene group much (although I welcomed them at the Ceilidh House, unlike Fritz's!)

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:43:10 pm »

Certainly the Keeniacs lean toward the civil disobedience side of things, but there's been some inside-the-system stuff, like Free Keene blogger Nick Ryder's run for city council.  You're invited to drop by the forum and lurk for a while...

creaganlios

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 04:06:11 pm »

Certainly the Keeniacs lean toward the civil disobedience side of things, but there's been some inside-the-system stuff, like Free Keene blogger Nick Ryder's run for city council.  You're invited to drop by the forum and lurk for a while...

Well, thank oyu, I may just do that...but must state that Winchester is a world away from Keene:  While seperated by 7 miles, the demographics are light years apart, and I am gearing up for a "local" race in which Keene doesn't figure.... ;)

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:11:34 pm »

Well, Free Keene is intended for liberty advocates in the "Keene Area", with Keene as a focal point.  Winchester local Lauren Canario is a forum participant and "Movie Night" regularly occurs at her place.  However, she is quite apolitical and not likely to get involved in local politics.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »

I'm a flaming homo and people around these parts have been incredibly patient with my antics. :)

creaganlios

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:40:48 pm »

I'm a flaming homo and people around these parts have been incredibly patient with my antics. :)

LOL..where are you dalebert?   BTW, I always found NH to be a very welcoming place...I've ben very open in str8 bars with no problems...met my partner in a str8 bar, in fact....and used to own one that had gay nights that alot of the str8 regulars came to...

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 02:23:38 am »

And his Rats, though apparently I am now their uncle.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 11:51:46 am »

And his Rats, though apparently I am now their uncle.

Uncle Pat!!

Dale I don't know how you did it...but Bravo!!

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:42 pm »

LOL..where are you dalebert?   BTW, I always found NH to be a very welcoming place...I've ben very open in str8 bars with no problems...met my partner in a str8 bar, in fact....and used to own one that had gay nights that alot of the str8 regulars came to...

That's AnarchyinYourHead.com's Dale from Marlborough.  You'll find him at most anything Free Keene related.  He's one of the FreeKeene.com bloggers.  Maybe you should come out to Social Sundays?  Promise we won't bite - you might even find some minarchists there.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up