Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Improvement  (Read 18020 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Suggestions for Improvement
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 02:37:16 pm »

I won't be doing much on the Mass side of anything.

I'm helping NHLA,  doing seacoast stuff, running jeffersonforum.net, out of state recruiting, advertising for the Next 1,000, writing letters to the editors, emailing State Reps, running a porc manor, and helping new people get into New Hampshire.

If the Board is going to give me any red tape on anything, my time goes to other things.  They won't let me advertise the Next 1,000 in the FSP Newsletter or use their name on the Sponsor a Highway sign.  Both of those efforts have gone elsewhere.

great as long as there is no FSP sign in NH.

FreeStyle

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 10:14:30 pm »

eh just do whatever you want no one's going to do anything about it.  If you feel like the mass residents who drive through NH for 3 or 4 minutes want to see a sign for the FSP then follow your heart.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:14 pm »

Sounds like the policy needs a cursory review.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2009, 10:08:46 am »

Sounds like the policy needs a cursory review.

Yup... I just looked it over.... still a fine policy.

madness!

• please feel free to friend me
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:22 am »

maybe some thing like this could have been settled in PMs and not ironically derail a thread. just a suggestion. for improvement.

yeah, an actual signature. does that blow your mind?!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 10:16:35 am »

maybe some thing like this could have been settled in PMs and not ironically derail a thread. just a suggestion. for improvement.
+10

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2009, 06:49:55 pm »

If there were a print publication that included a bunch of different things: updates, articles, directories, calendars, etc. would you pay a small fee for that? Like $16 a year?

Beuller?

madness!

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2009, 10:43:57 pm »

You guys have shirts for sale here for like 15 or so bucks. they are a great way to turn people into walking billboards and help get the word out. but it is kind of a bear to ship it and stuff so it ends up around 20 bucks or so to get one.

But! you can get medium quality t-shirts by using iron ons bought at a michaels or similar craft store. sooo if you had a section of the website or forum with directions and files ready to print (they would just be the logo, backwards) people could make there own shirts for about 5 dollars (a shirt is 2.50, and the paper is ten bucks for ten.) of coarse, you would lose out on any profits you make from merchandising and i am not sure about how you feel about putting your logos up for free distribution. just a thought.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »

I won't be doing much on the Mass side of anything.

I'm helping NHLA,  doing seacoast stuff, running jeffersonforum.net, out of state recruiting, advertising for the Next 1,000, writing letters to the editors, emailing State Reps, running a porc manor, and helping new people get into New Hampshire.

If the Board is going to give me any red tape on anything, my time goes to other things.  They won't let me advertise the Next 1,000 in the FSP Newsletter or use their name on the Sponsor a Highway sign.  Both of those efforts have gone elsewhere.

great as long as there is no FSP sign in NH.

Boy, the last thing we need is hundreds of thousands of proliberty locals joining forces with us to throw out statist politicians and turn New Hampshire around.

;D
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

madness!

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2009, 01:50:40 am »

I think that the idea is that they want people from out of state to move into NH. Liberty minded people in NH that join the FSP can artificially inflate the member count. the statement of intent is utterly meaningless if the person is already in NH. plus, people who move in from out of state show a real dedication to liberty, as opposed to people inside the state signing up just for shits (not to belittle liberty activists in NH...) there are plenty of libertarian organizations in NH for NH natives to join. the FSP does not have american express black card to waste money advertising an organization to try and get people to move to NH in NH. its like military recruiters hanging signs in the barracks (well, not exactly. but close). also, i think the goal is to get liberty minded people to move to NH, not to convince people to become libertarians? JTFC!

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 01:57:58 am »

Everyone knows the point is to move people to New Hampshire.
The point is whether people should be able to promote a cause they believe in.
I'm not arguing the pro-cons again here. But I think the right choice is obvious.
(And, fyi, NH natives are not counted.)

Please, no more discussion on that particular policy. What else we got?

madness!

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2009, 12:09:16 pm »

maybe bagofeyebrows could be given her own forum to rant on.

adirondeau

• Its a Freedom thing.
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2009, 12:15:51 pm »

Why doesn't the FSP advertise in NH? It can't be because all NH residents are already members of the FSP, or that all NH residents know about the FSP...

My wife an I plan on visiting next spring/summer with our kids to check out the state and see if it is for us. If I can't find a job or a business to purchase, I won't be moving.

If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always got...

A man's mind stretched to an new idea never goes back to its original dimension...

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2009, 01:36:05 pm »

My wife an I plan on visiting next spring/summer with our kids to check out the state and see if it is for us. If I can't find a job or a business to purchase, I won't be moving.

What sort of business? Do you need a broker?

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 01:37:01 pm »

maybe bagofeyebrows could be given her own forum to rant on.

If you don't have sincere suggestions, please leave this thread alone until you do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up