Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Improvement  (Read 18019 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Suggestions for Improvement
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 02:52:18 pm »

The FSP doesn't advertise in NH.

But the FSP itself wasn't advertising and didn't direct it. Its hands are clean.

If someone wants to be gung-ho about the FSP in a peaceful manner, I have no desire to stop them.

so you would be ok with someone buying an ad using the FSP logo on Stormfront?

The FSP does not Recruit or advertise in NH... it is pretty simple.  We want people to MOVE to NH.  If that road is a good road (and I don't doubt that for a second)... get one on the MA border... and makes something clever that says... 1 mile north there is no sales tax... FSP or something.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 02:53:03 pm »

The FSP is a DOocracy: those who do have control.  If you want to get involved, get involved by doing things that folks want to see done (NOT your ideas, assist someone with help on something they want done).  Once you show you can be counted on, you gain more respect and more responsiblity.  You also learn the behind the scenes info about how the org runs, etc.

We have lots of 'chiefs' and few 'indians', and sadly, too many want to be 'chiefs'.
(Politically incorrect reference, but quite true)

QFT  except for the politically correctness part...  :P

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 03:40:13 pm »

But the FSP itself wasn't advertising and didn't direct it. Its hands are clean.

If someone wants to be gung-ho about the FSP in a peaceful manner, I have no desire to stop them.

Nope, in the strictest sense ya' got me.

But I don't think every participant's enthusiasm should suffer because of what some ignorant group--who we don't even want to affiliate with us--might hypothetically possibly could do someday maybe.

The FSP should just state a simple policy: here are the circumstances in which the FSP will "take action" against an unapproved use of the FSP's name or logo. And list them. It'll probably be short. And I guarantee associating those items with groups or activities that foment racial hatred will be the first to be forbidden. And, in all likelihood, will probably be agreed to unanimously.

This lets all the world know, with certainty, what's allowed and what's not. We keep it simple. We keep it flexible. We let the massive group of participants we're trying to find, do what they do best. And if the policy ever creates a problem, actual or threatened, we can deal with it if ever arises.

The FSP does not Recruit or advertise in NH... it is pretty simple.

The FSP proper never has to and probably never will. The real question is whether participants should fear the FSP's disapproval and retaliation.

If that road is a good road (and I don't doubt that for a second)... get one on the MA border... and makes something clever that says... 1 mile north there is no sales tax... FSP or something.

I like it.

FreeStyle

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 04:33:14 pm »

I like the idea too, of having a sign on the MA border.  Would it not be good enough to have a sign on a road that MA residents MUST drive through in order to arrive at their businesses and homes?  I'm not talking route 95/93 where there are multiples of ways to arrive at your destination besides the highway itself. . . but Route 286 is one of those roads that any Salisbury resident who lives at the beach most likely would take to arrive at their homes and businesses.

I will continue to call out lies and misrepresentations as I see them.  I'm not willing to rehash any arguments about the definition of the word "late" or what time "late" means.  I will private message anyone who wants to know hard evidence of what time some consider "late".  Now, on to the definition of "is" lol

For the record, Dreepa, I was not challenging you nor anyone else about what you might or might not do to someone who decided to act in whatever manner they wanted but merely I wanted to know the board's thoughts on what they might do if someone decided to use the Free State Project name in a manner that others might deem inappropriate.  I do not intend on doing a regular cleanup of Route 286 with or without the FSP banner.  I will leave cleanup projects to Max who has done a spectacular job being a good neighbor and cleaning up the roadsides in his section of town.  I have heard from a certain business in fact that they saw a man cleaning up the side of the road.  This wasn't advertising for the FSP, it was a good neighbor being a good and kind human being to others and also making sure his neighborhood was clean and litter free.  It would be good PR for some liberty organization to have some sort of advertisement letting others in the neighborhood know why and who this person or persons is doing such a neighborly (and often rare) cleanup.  Unfortunately, so I hear, a Free State Project flag would not be a good advertisement since it resides over the imaginary line known as the state border.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »

I'm ok with it.  An ad is an ad.  I want people who will reduce the role of government.  I don't care if they're racist or not as long as they're libertarian and won't try and force their beliefs on me.  It's not like all of a sudden 20,000 people won't move because a few confused white guys who don't like other races, due to being taxed to support them their whole life, might be around in the state somewhere.  Racists are a fact of life, they're around everywhere in every state.  India, the most vocal proponent for H1B expansion and American multiculturalism, is the most racist country on the planet.  It has a cast system!

Stormfront is a strawman.  Most of what stormfront is about is welfare benefits for illegal aliens and government oppression.  All of the race related language in the FSP documents seems to be about trying to mitigate the hot potato of welfare benefits for illegals.  There should be no welfare in the first place - no matter the race of the recipient.  God forbid, anyone should think that the FSP suggests that anyone who sneaks into America from the 3rd world shouldn't get free American food, free American housing, and free American healthcare, from the American Government.

Come on, drop the racist strawman and just admit that we don't want people in NH who will take welfare benefits or won't work.

I don't want anyone who will accept Gov't "benefits" living in NH.

- anon

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 11:34:39 pm »

Come on, drop the racist strawman and just admit that we don't want people in NH who will take welfare benefits or won't work.

As someone else noted, there are potential converts who would likely give up their "racist ways". I know there are. There are a lot of people drawn to that sort of thing, not because they're the "true believers", but because they just need a group of people who share a similar set of beliefs--like those you note at the tail end there. So they put up with that fluff.

But there's another issue of the FSP's image and not being cast organizationally by certain dishonest journalists--to use the word "journalist" in the loosest sense possible. You can't really stop ignorant people from doing unkind things. But you can deprive them of anecdotal evidence.

REGARDLESS of any racism issues, I think the FSP should just be explicit on the policy.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 11:52:56 am »

I wasn't trying to use a strawman.

BD Ross... the policy is:

THE FSP DOES NOT ADVERTISE IN NH.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:13 pm »

If that's the wording you want to stick to... ;)

FreeStyle

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB lol

Ad

• Wanted: Cold Weather, Hot Ranges
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 06:29:48 am »

Why not? Just an honest question. If you have a tourist heavy area it makes sense to put a "Like your stay here? Move for good! FSP" or similar sign up.

Is this a rule for rules sake or was there some controversy that required the creation of said rule? Sure it doesn't make sense to advertise in NH in most instances, but colleges and tourist traps seem like fair game.
Planning a combination honeymoon and recon trip to NH. Look for us in a few months!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:41:11 am »

Why not? Just an honest question. If you have a tourist heavy area it makes sense to put a "Like your stay here? Move for good! FSP" or similar sign up.

Is this a rule for rules sake or was there some controversy that required the creation of said rule? Sure it doesn't make sense to advertise in NH in most instances, but colleges and tourist traps seem like fair game.

there was lots of controversy back when it happened.
but basically the goal is to move to NH and 'fit in'... if we are still advertising here it just 'blurs' the line.  Then people would want the FSP to take a stand on X.  X is a pure libertarian position surely the FSP can make a stand on it....etc etc etc...

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 11:56:18 am »

The FSP does not Recruit or advertise in NH... it is pretty simple.  We want people to MOVE to NH.  If that road is a good road (and I don't doubt that for a second)... get one on the MA border... and makes something clever that says... 1 mile north there is no sales tax... FSP or something.

Come down and drive on 286.  Are we expected to get New Hampshire volunteers to go clean up out of state highways just to adhere to this rule?  Is it okay if we adopt the road on the Mass side of the border (with the exact same drivers) and put up an FSP sign?  If so, why not the section up here?

nhliberty.org got the sign.  Getting into all of the technical minutia between fsp this and fsp that.  We should absolutely advertise fsp oriented litter pickups and volunteering in New Hampshire.  Why should those viewed as noisy, negative, or demanding by locals shout out the fsp name, while those of us who do helpful volunteer work have to avoid the term.  How will the locals view the fsp if that continues?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:39 pm »

Come down and drive on 286.  Are we expected to get New Hampshire volunteers to go clean up out of state highways just to adhere to this rule?  Is it okay if we adopt the road on the Mass side of the border (with the exact same drivers) and put up an FSP sign?  If so, why not the section up here?

nhliberty.org got the sign.  Getting into all of the technical minutia between fsp this and fsp that.  We should absolutely advertise fsp oriented litter pickups and volunteering in New Hampshire.  Why should those viewed as noisy, negative, or demanding by locals shout out the fsp name, while those of us who do helpful volunteer work have to avoid the term.  How will the locals view the fsp if that continues?

Because the FSP doesn't 'do anything' in NH (2 exceptions Liberty Forum and Porcfest)... why?  because the FSP is an org to get people to MOVE to NH.
What if you got a road section in the name of the FSP and didn't clean it? 

Do it on the MA side of the border.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 12:58:57 pm »

Because the FSP doesn't 'do anything' in NH...

The FSP ain't doin' it ;)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 01:07:33 pm »

I won't be doing much on the Mass side of anything.

I'm helping NHLA,  doing seacoast stuff, running jeffersonforum.net, out of state recruiting, advertising for the Next 1,000, writing letters to the editors, emailing State Reps, running a porc manor, and helping new people get into New Hampshire.

If the Board is going to give me any red tape on anything, my time goes to other things.  They won't let me advertise the Next 1,000 in the FSP Newsletter or use their name on the Sponsor a Highway sign.  Both of those efforts have gone elsewhere.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up