Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why only 776  (Read 22058 times)

Ad

• Wanted: Cold Weather, Hot Ranges
Re: Why only 776
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2009, 03:58:59 pm »

On the other hand, if we are to be identified with Glenn Beck, we might as well give up the "Free" in the "Free State Project" and call it the Blood Red State Project.  I am not interested in being identified with hystrionics, anti-intellectualism,  or the Theocratic Right...and that iswhat Beck represents to me.

On the other hand, Beck is the most liberty minded person in mass media, at least with a large audience. Boortz has sort of fallen out of favor lately which leaves Beck as the only one.

We shouldn't alienate people because their views aren't a perfect match with every member. I would rather have 20k Beck fans move than 20k Keith Olbermann ones...
Planning a combination honeymoon and recon trip to NH. Look for us in a few months!

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

On the other hand, if we are to be identified with Glenn Beck, we might as well give up the "Free" in the "Free State Project" and call it the Blood Red State Project.  I am not interested in being identified with hystrionics, anti-intellectualism,  or the Theocratic Right...and that iswhat Beck represents to me.

On the other hand, Beck is the most liberty minded person in mass media, at least with a large audience. Boortz has sort of fallen out of favor lately which leaves Beck as the only one.

I would rather have 20k Beck fans move than 20k Keith Olbermann ones...

If they agree to the Statement of Intent, I don't care who they're fans of.

creaganlios

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2009, 05:08:23 pm »

I think Thom is referencing that is not liberty... just enforcing a different viewpoint.

No, not really.  I have no problems with religious folks..I am deeply religious myself, a former bible church pastor, orthodox church cantor, and current vestry member of St James Episcopal Church in Keene.  However, I have a BIG problem with those who would use th eengine of the state to fix a social blueprint on society...and to be honest, whle Dan Itse and his apostles are right 80% of the time, the 20% of the time they are wrong are deal-killers for me.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2009, 05:23:19 pm »

Sort of what I am saying.

Its not so much that people disagree 20% of the time... its when one group intends to force the other to accept their position on that 20%.

maybesomeday

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »

A little different from the direction the thread is going, but related to the main topic....

Since the government health care bill is probably going to get passed soon, there will be a large number of believers in small government who will be upset for the next few weeks.  It may be a great opportunity to do some recruiting both in person and on sites like campaignforliberty  ...I realize that the FSP is not involved much in national politics, but the passage of this bill may help motivate some people to be willing to do something in the fight against the growth of government.

Great suggestion!

Thanks. Is there a list somewhere of websites which are generally liberty friendly but not FSP related?  I think it could be beneficial to form a group which targets certain forums and comment sections whenever significant legislation is passed.  We could have a fairly significant web presence with only a few people commenting on a few websites each.  If it is planned ahead of time (volunteer for a specific sites) we will not have much overlap and less time will be wasted making user accounts.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2009, 10:26:24 pm »

A little different from the direction the thread is going, but related to the main topic....

Since the government health care bill is probably going to get passed soon, there will be a large number of believers in small government who will be upset for the next few weeks.  It may be a great opportunity to do some recruiting both in person and on sites like campaignforliberty  ...I realize that the FSP is not involved much in national politics, but the passage of this bill may help motivate some people to be willing to do something in the fight against the growth of government.

Great suggestion!

Thanks. Is there a list somewhere of websites which are generally liberty friendly but not FSP related?  I think it could be beneficial to form a group which targets certain forums and comment sections whenever significant legislation is passed.  We could have a fairly significant web presence with only a few people commenting on a few websites each.  If it is planned ahead of time (volunteer for a specific sites) we will not have much overlap and less time will be wasted making user accounts.

Start here:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=17963.0

vab

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2009, 04:50:25 pm »

1. Start a project to write letters to persecuted businesses that are highly taxed or legislatively oppressed asking them to relocate their businesses to NH

I'll try and run with this one.

I will set up a project to write letters to business asking them to consider moving their business operations to NH.  Essentially, an FSP targeted at businesses rather than individuals.  I've set up a group on Facebook for the project.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=179474477293

Please, consider joining and sending letters to selected businesses.  I will also poll businesses about their problems with NH and write letters to lawmakers asking that they address them.

- VAB

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2009, 04:53:36 pm »

I will set up a project to write letters to business asking them to consider moving their business operations to NH.  Essentially, an FSP targeted at businesses rather than individuals.  I've set up a group on Facebook for the project.

Very cool. +karma.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2009, 09:39:34 am »

1. Start a project to write letters to persecuted businesses that are highly taxed or legislatively oppressed asking them to relocate their businesses to NH

I'll try and run with this one.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=179474477293

Please, consider joining and sending letters to selected businesses.  I will also poll businesses about their problems with NH and write letters to lawmakers asking that they address them.

- VAB

Could you write something up for the FSP newsletter?  maybe we can get people to help you?  (The newsletter reaches about 14K people)

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 04:50:47 pm »

Another idea I thought of after I posted was doing A/B Testing and conversion stats on the website.  How many people visit the FSP website and then don't sign up?  What do they seem to look at that turns they away.  What (A/B tested) changes would we make that would get more first time visitors to sign up as members or friends?  What about ads sending people to landing pages based on demographics targeted by the ad they clicked on rather than just the home page?

There are some really nice A/B-T & Conversion monitoring sites out there (including I think some free ones now).  I will poke around and find a few links and post them here.

15+ Free A/B Split Testing Resources:

http://www.wingify.com/conversion-blog/15-free-ab-split-testing-resources/

Two of the big players (in order of size) of conversion stats etc:
http://mixpanel.com/
http://www.woopra.com/

- anon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

anything