Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH is so close, so close but yet so far  (Read 3339 times)

kyfornow

NH is so close, so close but yet so far
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:52:45 pm »

1) Tomorrow I am tending to the task of getting the time off to visit NH.  I would like to get the dates of 26,27, 28 and 29 of December, but may have to look at Jan 2,3,4 and 5.  It all depends on what the powers that be at work, in spite of their overwhelming flaws and lack of fortitude, are able to accomodate.

2) I hope to find good things when I visit NH, especially after what I've gone and done lately.  I'm not oblivious to the fact that others have sold homes, land and other things at a major loss but I have sold about 80% of the stuff I intended to shed before moving to NH probably reasonably valued at 2,000, for around $350. 

3) If the visit in NH proves productive, then the immediate thing to accomplish on returning home is toput my acreage up for sale, and sell or give away the few appliances I do have, and hopefully give my mobile home to my cousin (I decided to give it to them as their home is in poor condition)

4) I had intended on moving by march 1, but if the initial visit proves worthy of what I am hoping to find, I also intend on expediting the moving timeframe far earlier than that. 

So I'm excited about the soon to be trip north!

time4liberty

Re: NH is so close, so close but yet so far
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 06:02:19 pm »

1) Tomorrow I am tending to the task of getting the time off to visit NH.  I would like to get the dates of 26,27, 28 and 29 of December, but may have to look at Jan 2,3,4 and 5.  It all depends on what the powers that be at work, in spite of their overwhelming flaws and lack of fortitude, are able to accomodate.

2) I hope to find good things when I visit NH, especially after what I've gone and done lately.  I'm not oblivious to the fact that others have sold homes, land and other things at a major loss but I have sold about 80% of the stuff I intended to shed before moving to NH probably reasonably valued at 2,000, for around $350. 

3) If the visit in NH proves productive, then the immediate thing to accomplish on returning home is toput my acreage up for sale, and sell or give away the few appliances I do have, and hopefully give my mobile home to my cousin (I decided to give it to them as their home is in poor condition)

4) I had intended on moving by march 1, but if the initial visit proves worthy of what I am hoping to find, I also intend on expediting the moving timeframe far earlier than that. 

So I'm excited about the soon to be trip north!

Well, at least you'll know what NH's like at the coldest ;). You should include a ski trip :)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:03:27 pm »

Cool, bud.  We should put together some kind of service where we sell stuff for movers (that is small enough to ship) to other porcs.  Folks here sometimes do that, allowing you to buy back your stuff for full price, eh.

Obviously, some things are too heavy to ship...
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

kyfornow

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »

One of my saddest moments came when I finally sold my home theater system today, after 3 weeks of setting up at the flea market.  I paid $350 for that thing alone and took an offer of $80. 

It was funny though because the guys who bought it were 2 Mexicans who didn't speak the best english.  They wanted to walk over to an electric outlet and make sure it worked and I said ,"That's understandable, besides there's a few movies in it and I need to get them out."

So when we go over to test it, I go to take my movies out, they say, "No no no, what you doing.  Movies part of eight dollars."  So either they misunderstood or they were just being manipulative, but they were movies from the dollar store so I just said fine, because I didn't want to lose the 80 bucks!

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 10:40:07 pm »

that sucks....so where are you moving from...sorry if you already said from where.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

kyfornow

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 10:42:37 pm »

I'd be coming from KY.  It's all dependent on what I find on this trip, taking a look see. 

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:04:31 am »

The "value" of something is exactly what you can get for it. We keep things because of personal value, not financial value. Reach a point where not owning it outweighs owning it and it is time to take whatever you can get for it.

You are on the right path. See you soon!

Cathleen

kyfornow

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:46:10 am »

The "value" of something is exactly what you can get for it. We keep things because of personal value, not financial value. Reach a point where not owning it outweighs owning it and it is time to take whatever you can get for it.

You are on the right path. See you soon!

Cathleen

Yeah I'm hoping this coming weekend is my last one of selling stuff. I'm just going to start giving people boxes and say $1 for everything you can fit in a box.  I feel like I'm a store that's going out of business :P

PraeterIdiot

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 05:35:05 pm »

What would make your visit "productive?"  What "good things" do you want to find and see?  Do you have a specific rubric or just hope to get a good and welcoming vibe from the majority of freestaters you end up meeting?

kyfornow

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:07:55 pm »

What would make your visit "productive?"  What "good things" do you want to find and see?  Do you have a specific rubric or just hope to get a good and welcoming vibe from the majority of freestaters you end up meeting?

yes to all :)

PraeterIdiot

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 07:58:34 am »

yes to all :)

"Yes" would make your visit productive? 

kyfornow

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:37:19 am »

I want to see the goings on in Keene.  I want to possibly look at property in the more rural areas away from Keene.  Then I want to see what else I can see anywhere I have the chance to go in NH while I'm there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up