Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I just stumbled across this forum  (Read 5313 times)

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
Re: So I just stumbled across this forum
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 10:31:26 am »

But I don't think they'd just steal the land, they'd probably assess some sort of fine,

Land seizure, 5-10 years. Won't go into more detail, but this is fairly recent and in NH. :(

time4liberty

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 03:45:52 am »

But I don't think they'd just steal the land, they'd probably assess some sort of fine,

Land seizure, 5-10 years. Won't go into more detail, but this is fairly recent and in NH. :(

Wow, that is ridiculous. For growing an industrial plant you can't even get high off of, which used to be one of the most essential crops in the country ...

You could always plant some on public (stolen) land when they aren't looking. Let them seize city hall  ;D

Sorry, couldn't help myself ;).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:52:39 am by ttie »

Trenks

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 08:43:35 pm »

North Dakota, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Montana, West Virginia, Vermont, and Oregon defy federal law and allow hemp farming

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 06:05:34 am »

Is there a federal law against hemp farming?
I would think that would be questionably constitutional.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:19 am »

220 congressmen wiped their fudge cracks with the Constitution just a couple days ago.  I think the Constitution is more of a nuisance for them at this point, they can do almost anything they want in the name of "regulating commerce between states."
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

time4liberty

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:31 am »

220 congressmen wiped their fudge cracks with the Constitution just a couple days ago.  I think the Constitution is more of a nuisance for them at this point, they can do almost anything they want in the name of "regulating commerce between states."

Nuisance might be a bit of an overstatement. That would imply that it forms some sort of impediment to their goals. As far as I can tell, it's just ignored by everyone.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 03:32:37 pm »

I haven't read the document... but I have heard that some clauses might be constitutionally questionable, such as something about a 'fine'. If that the case, then contesting the law would be in order.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 05:41:11 pm »

What I don't understand about the whole Hemp farming thing is that it would be relatively easy to knock out the genes responsible for producing THC (ie just like a knock out mouse).  Yet, many Hemp farms get shut down by the DEA for having plants with detectable levels of THC beyond acceptable limits.

So, why not just pay some genetic engineer $5K or so to make a plant that lacks the genes to produce THC?  A graduate student, or even an undergrad, could do it rather easily.   Then, there's no reason for the DEA to get involved and there's no confusion between Marijuana and Hemp - if there's no THC being produced.  Because people are interested in growing Hemp plants that still have the genes to produce THC, I'm very suspicious of all the data on Hemp.  Hemp seems like a convenient excuse to grow plants that produce THC when that's not necessary at all in regard to Hemp production.

Many years ago, a student at FSU genetically modified an orange tree seed by splicing in THC producing genes.   Genetics is not rocket science.

- anon

time4liberty

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 04:48:07 pm »

Federal law is so far past constitutional limits it's not even funny. Cannabis prohibition itself is unconstitutional. They amended the constitution for alcohol, but didn't even bother for cannabis.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up