Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things you may want to know before moving to New Hampshire, from a resident  (Read 37500 times)

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: Things you may want to know before moving to New Hampshire, from a resident
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »

Welcome to the forum LFAD. I personally prefer open carry but haven't got time to go into why right now. I would love to discuss it with you in person and perhaps see your homestead some time.

I tried to do some gardening this year with less than spectacular results. My three goats will be in the freezer soon. I've got a lot to learn.

I can honestly say that in the year since I've arrived, some of my closest friends are 30+ year natives. Looking forward to meeting more of you.
Do you mean natives over the age of 30?

I guess that was unclear, I meant to say that they weren't necessarily born here but have lived here for over three decades (incidentally making them over the age of 30).
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

BrianMcCandliss

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2009, 02:20:01 am »

So you want to move to New Hampshire? There are a few things you might want to keep in mind.

Winter here lasts at least 6 months, or longer, depending on the location. If you’ve never experienced winter in northern New England, this alone is something worthy of your consideration.
The climate is harsh, but it is absolute beauty and perfection 2 months out of the year. We have beautiful lakes, mountains, rivers, and a bit of coastline. It’s clean and maintained for the most part, and we’d like to keep it that way.

See, this surviving winter thing has made us rather intolerant to unnecessary foolishness. Some of those in your ranks have made me feel the need to pass certain information along.

Many of us actually LIKE things like speed limits and zoning laws. I live in an agriculturally zoned area and would like to keep it that way for my standard of living and livelihood. I also live near a very sharp curve and often have to deal being the first on the scene of gruesome accidents. Large outcroppings of jagged granite are not forgiving for people who don’t care about observing traffic safety laws. I’m getting sick of it, traumatized by it, and the next time it happens, I’ll going to pretend I didn’t notice.

Many of us are proud rifleman. We grew up around hunting and we know our gun safety. This is not the wild west of New England, and we don’t take kindly to strangers who want to start problems for us by potentially jeopardizing the freedoms that WE have worked so hard and diligently to have. If you want to walk around downtown Manchester with a loaded assault rifle, you WILL get hassled by the cops. I wouldn’t want it any other way, to be brutally frank.

Freedom in NH has its price. Because we have no income tax, we are burdened financially. No, auto insurance isn’t mandatory, but just hope you don’t get injured by an uninsured motorist…you will never be compensated for damages if they own nothing.

Let me tell you a little story about the KKK and New Hampshire:
Some years ago, the KKK decided to celebrate and congratulate us for the fact that we don’t observe Martin Luther King Jr. day. They obtained their proper permits and congregated on our state capitol lawn. The citizens (not the police or legislators) ran them off by throwing rocks and bottles at them.

During the last primaries and debates I witnessed a severe lack of respect for NH citizens from some Ron Paul supporters in Concord. Jumping around like unruly, dimwitted children on someone’s lawn does not a revolutionary make.

Are you getting the picture yet? We’re armed, we’re dangerous when threatened, and it will behoove you to be respectful of our laws and our way of life. You might do well to observe us and not try to change us…well not too drastically anyway. ;)

We like it here and we WILL keep it that way. I guarantee it. Be respectful and we will do the same.

Thank you, from a concerned, hard-working citizen of New Hampshire

I'm afraid that's an awfully narrow view. One question: does this "concerned, hard-working citizen of New Hampshire" want the citizens of all the other 49 states ruling his life for him? Because that's how things are now.
And that's how they'll remain, until enough people get together in one state, and assert their right of sovereignty against the federal coup d'etat government.

And it's getting worse Obama is trying to fork over sovereignty to the United Nations, so that now they can rule your life; instead of 300 million people controlling you, you'll have 6 billion.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2009, 11:14:02 am »

No, just the Committee of 300.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

madness!

• please feel free to friend me
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »

are they affiliated with the seven jews, the reptilian humanoids, or the free masons?

yeah, an actual signature. does that blow your mind?!

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2009, 02:27:43 am »

I think Brian is talking about Copenhagen. Which really doesn't matter to NH, since the fossil fuels and most of the manufactured goods that run on them are built elsewhere. Very hard to control those things from outside the border.

With RGGI, its doubtful that most power producers will even look toward further enhancement in that area.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:19 am »

are they affiliated with the seven jews, the reptilian humanoids, or the free masons?

That depends on whether you're really asking or just ridiculing.  I've seen ridicule (and interruption--shouting down) employed aggressively by the political establishment to cover up all sorts of corrupt activities.  Most of these scandals start out with ridicule-oriented cover ups.  If that's a tactic employed by those we know have engaged in illicit and unethical behavior, then why shrug off serious allegations that are countered with even more ridicule.

My point being that it makes little difference what means the International Banking Cartels employ to control and micromanage.  All that matters is that they own the media, corporations, and the politicians.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2009, 07:32:16 am »

Its much cheaper to 'rent' a politician.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up