Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when does it start snowing?  (Read 5194 times)

tito887

when does it start snowing?
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:22:23 am »

Just a quick question. When does it start on average?

live_freeze_anddie

• NH Long time Resident/Property Owner/Taxpayer
Re: when does it start snowing?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:06:11 am »

As soon as the temp drops to freezing and precipitation happens. Any time now.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.  ~Thomas Paine

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:07:07 am »

First real snow will usually be in mid-November or thereabouts.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:28:25 am »

last year the first snow storm occurred the 3rd week of December in Manchester, although there was an ice storm just before that. Probably a little earlier the further north you go. Lasted until about Mid April with the last storm in late March.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:49:35 pm »

Beware of this guy, he doesn't like all this Freedom stuph going on in NH so he's trying to use the weather and vague threats of NH's resident violence to scare people away. 
Bottomline, he's TRULY AFRAID of more Liberty coming to NH and that's what's driving him.

But to answer your question, I remember the first snow last year, in the Seacoast area being around the first week of December, which is totally the norm for any area that recieves snow on an annual basis. 
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

ny2nh

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:36:10 pm »

It usually starts to snow right after it starts to flurry.  ;)

It could be as early as October or as late as late December. Usually the snow prior to December melts and goes away before it has a chance to really accumulate long-term.

It really changes from year to year. In the winter of 05-06, I was enjoying outdoor fires well into January with minimal snow accumulation. Last year there was a boatload of snow for prior to New Year's. There are some years when the snow is completely gone by the beginning of March and other years when it's hanging on into early May.

It'll start when it starts...and it'll end when it ends.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:14:39 pm »

That's about as accurate as it gets right there.

tito887

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 03:50:48 pm »

It usually starts to snow right after it starts to flurry.  ;)

It could be as early as October or as late as late December. Usually the snow prior to December melts and goes away before it has a chance to really accumulate long-term.

It really changes from year to year. In the winter of 05-06, I was enjoying outdoor fires well into January with minimal snow accumulation. Last year there was a boatload of snow for prior to New Year's. There are some years when the snow is completely gone by the beginning of March and other years when it's hanging on into early May.

It'll start when it starts...and it'll end when it ends.

Thanks everyone for the responses. That gives me a good idea of what to expect since I'll be riding up sometime later next month. Thanks a lot.
Michael

live_freeze_anddie

• NH Long time Resident/Property Owner/Taxpayer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 01:17:10 am »

It really depends on what part of the state. I'm in a snow belt (high elevation with lake effect). Not unusual for it to snow in October here. Lower elevations usually get about half the amount when it snows. We've already had a frost a couple weeks ago.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.  ~Thomas Paine

lloydbob1

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:13 am »

Beware of this guy, he doesn't like all this Freedom stuph going on in NH so he's trying to use the weather and vague threats of NH's resident violence to scare people away. 
Bottomline, he's TRULY AFRAID of more Liberty coming to NH and that's what's driving him.

But to answer your question, I remember the first snow last year, in the Seacoast area being around the first week of December, which is totally the norm for any area that recieves snow on an annual basis. 
He has been helpful with information on other topics and some of us have reconsidered and don't hate as much.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 08:38:32 am »

He has been helpful with information on other topics and some of us have reconsidered and don't hate as much.

You mean she. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up