Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marijuana in Keene: On town square, at city hall (Union Leader Website)  (Read 9436 times)

freedomroad

Re: Marijuana in Keene: On town square, at city hall (Union Leader Website)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:19 am »

And if the rowdy behavior is quelled, it will be said that no one is listening to the message because of the passive way it's being presented.  There's no point in paying attention to non-constructive criticism--the people dealing it out are grasping at whatever flimsy excuse they can find to keep from having to think about the way they live their unexamined little lives.

Wow. You really have a problem taking constructive criticism, don't you? You're just confirming the judgment of immaturity that others are putting on you.

Plus I heard that the pot smoke is killing birds!

No.  Actually, most of the evidence suggests that it is good for you.  If you want to live longer, start smoking pot now.  If you don't care about yourself, don't smoke pot.

TEBON

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 02:42:52 am »

of course I said "should be able to get behind". . . the key word is "should". . . that makes it just my opinion.

and again, of course, it's the politicos who can't stand that people actually do the freedom thing before Concord does.  Amazing that someone would deny someone else freedom simply because some asshole politicians haven't yet "granted" us the freedom to do so.

Sometimes I wonder if politics is actually more important than freedom to some people.

as for pot, of course it just makes you jump out of windows.  Didn't you see "tell your children"!!!?!

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 01:18:45 pm »

No.  Actually, most of the evidence suggests that it is good for you.  If you want to live longer, start smoking pot now.  If you don't care about yourself, don't smoke pot.

I'm pretty sure any time you inhale some (and do so repeatedly), you risk injuring yourself. ;)

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 01:02:31 am »

I'm pretty sure any time you inhale some (and do so repeatedly), you risk injuring yourself. ;)

I doubt it but even if that were true, it would compare favorably (health wise) to having a beer any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Moebius Tripp

• Kinda loopy & one-sided.
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 01:59:37 am »

Actually, if you smoke pot, you have a statistically smaller chance of contracting certain forms of cancer that are associated with tobacco inhalation, whether or not you smoke tobacco.  It also acts as an expectorant. 

Two studies were performed on longevity/marijuana, one in Costa Rica, the other in Jamaica.  Both found a statistically significant increase in life expectancy among those who partake. 

More recently the correlation between marijuana and some kinds of tumors was studied (on rats).  The tumors atrophied in the test subjects.

Morbidity & Mortality Monthly tasks itself with keeping a toxicity index for many substances.  They studied the toxicity of hemp, and found it to be around 80,000.  The lower the number, the higher the toxicity.  Since asparagus, spinach, and broccoli have much lower toxicity indices, they arbitrarily set hemp's index to 40,000, because "nothing is that harmless".

(I know you're gonna ask for cites, B.D., and I'll dig 'em up for ya.)

On the down side, there are some folks who have allergic (rarely, anaphylactic) response to hemp/marijuana and should not be exposed to it.  Some folks don't like the effects.  Some folks don't like smoke.  And new or novice users can experience a decrease in motor skills/coordination by up to 3%.  If you ain't used to it, don't operate heavy machinery for at least twenty minutes after ingestion.  It also increases blood pressure, so is contraindicated for those so diagnosed.

If ya's a seasoned user, the only statistically significant effect on driving is to lower your speed and aggression.

To date:  Number of deaths attributed to marijuana overdose -- *ZERO*

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.   ;D
Statism is the opiate of the masses

TEBON

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 02:43:27 pm »

of course, you could eat it in a cookie, but some people might say those are bad for you as well.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »

I'd love to have a tasty low-carb pot cookie/brownie.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:37 pm »

Anybody happen to read this piece of shit article in yesterdays Concord Monitor?
"Keene,watch out" "FSP driven from northern NH".....
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009910040343

freedomroad

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:31 pm »

Anybody happen to read this piece of shit article in yesterdays Concord Monitor?
"Keene,watch out" "FSP driven from northern NH".....
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009910040343

It just looks like a LTE to me.  If that's true, it's not a big deal to me.  However, since you put together the LFOD event, you could always send in a LTE correcting that part.  Your event certainly isn't something put on by the FSP.

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »

I think your right. It is just a LTE. Ahh, ain't worth responding to. Plenty of comments. I could care less about anything the press has to say about LFOD Rally, they've been beating me & the LFOD rally up for years. I will admit they were a little better this year. Part of the territory. LFOD is hosted by all equally & I'm proud FSP & FK are a part of that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:14:10 pm by jeancoutu »

lloydbob1

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »

And if the rowdy behavior is quelled, it will be said that no one is listening to the message because of the passive way it's being presented.  There's no point in paying attention to non-constructive criticism--the people dealing it out are grasping at whatever flimsy excuse they can find to keep from having to think about the way they live their unexamined little lives.

Wow. You really have a problem taking constructive criticism, don't you? You're just confirming the judgment of immaturity that others are putting on you.

Plus I heard that the pot smoke is killing birds!

Probably one of the 'better' vegetable matter you can burn and suck into your lungs.

Stuck_in_MD

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 08:11:29 pm »

they had a victory today of 100 people I hear.  Non-Free Keeniacs stepping up for what they believe.   This is activism anyone should be able to get behind.

Not everyone.

Why? I hope it has something to do with the style of activism rather than just because you don't smoke weed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up