Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Marijuana in Keene: On town square, at city hall (Union Leader Website)  (Read 9215 times)

anon37268573

• First1000

The union leader website is running a story about marijuana use in Keene and a decriminalization resolution before the Keene City Council:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Marijuana+in+Keene%3a+On+town+square%2c+at+city+hall&articleId=7d45f5fc-6bb8-4c35-b32a-44f9d493416e

TEBON

Re: Marijuana in Keene: On town square, at city hall (Union Leader Website)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:53:40 pm »

they had a victory today of 100 people I hear.  Non-Free Keeniacs stepping up for what they believe.   This is activism anyone should be able to get behind.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:13:11 pm »

they had a victory today of 100 people I hear.  Non-Free Keeniacs stepping up for what they believe.   This is activism anyone should be able to get behind.

UnionLeader says 75 and some cops:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Pot+protest+fills+Keene+square+again&articleId=75234ecb-7312-47b3-a530-71e8640e3635

No arrests.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:20:38 pm »

On the 5:00 news on WGIR AM radio in Manchester, they read a short about the 420 rallies.  Mentioned that the cops did nothing (a good thing) and that the city council is looking into legalizing small amounts.  No mention of freestaters, but they did say that about 70 people showed up.

Good job, guys.  Getting noticed and "promoted" in the state's largest city in a non-negative light is excellent educational outreach.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:00:10 pm »

On the 5:00 news on WGIR AM radio in Manchester, they read a short about the 420 rallies.  Mentioned that the cops did nothing (a good thing) and that the city council is looking into legalizing small amounts.  No mention of freestaters, but they did say that about 70 people showed up.

Good job, guys.  Getting noticed and "promoted" in the state's largest city in a non-negative light is excellent educational outreach.

No mention of FSPers is a good thing as it shows it's coming from the people, not a "special interest" group.

PS: But I must confess I do find the FSPers especially interesting.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:33:37 am »

Must have been a mistake in information. The city council is looking to adopt a resolution of support for decriminalization of small quantities to be sent to the NH Legislature.

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 12:49:41 pm »

If a citation is issued to a participant of a peaceable gathering of redress demonstration on public property the municipality that issued it could be liable in federal court for violation of the participants 1st amendment right to gather and potentially that municipality could be liable to fines. However, usually it doesn't become a violation until the arrest is made and the court actually order's a penalty or fine. The citation & reciept of payment or penalty is usually needed to file in Federal Court. With past 1st amendment federal protection rulings there are limits that the participant may no longer be protected such as interfering with traffic or spectators, being disruptive, disorderly conduct,aggression, provocation or unreasonable amount of time or frequency's of the demonstrations.
Jean Coutu, caacp01@aol.com
CAACP & LFOD Rally
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:28:50 pm by jeancoutu »

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:21 am »

When I spoke to the officer at the K.P.D. gathering after the common gathering, he claimed Rich Paul blew smoke in the officers face resulting in Rich's arrest. It quite clear in the video posted at: http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1633.msg17643;topicseen#msg17643 that Rich was peaceful, didn't flinch or exhaled until the officer walked by. When the officer came up behind Rich some smoke went in his direction.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 01:00:47 am »

Lying cops, wow who would have thought.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 07:58:52 am »

The press as with supportive spectators are starting to zero in on bad behavior distorting the message. The smoke in at the K.P.D. lobby was epic civil disobedience,but, someone's suggestion to reel in the rowdy's maybe a wise one.
 I told the reporter  that for year's now many groups have spent hundreds of hours with the legislative process to no avail, this year the medicinal bill had 70% NH citizens support as with majority of legislator's and Lynch still vetoe's it and that though I neither condone nor condemn the smoke in's that maybe this is what its going to take.

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 01:34:39 pm »

The press as with supportive spectators are starting to zero in on bad behavior distorting the message. The smoke in at the K.P.D. lobby was epic civil disobedience,but, someone's suggestion to reel in the rowdy's maybe a wise one.
 I told the reporter  that for year's now many groups have spent hundreds of hours with the legislative process to no avail, this year the medicinal bill had 70% NH citizens support as with majority of legislator's and Lynch still vetoe's it and that though I neither condone nor condemn the smoke in's that maybe this is what its going to take.

And if the rowdy behavior is quelled, it will be said that no one is listening to the message because of the passive way it's being presented.  There's no point in paying attention to non-constructive criticism--the people dealing it out are grasping at whatever flimsy excuse they can find to keep from having to think about the way they live their unexamined little lives.

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 06:08:54 pm »

The Boston CBS station covered it yesterday.  While the station got a few facts wrong, it was a good report.  Thanks for DIGGING :)

http://digg.com/politics/Pot_smokers_hold_daily_reefer_rallies_in_Keene_NH

Brettp76

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 06:47:14 pm »

Not everyone.
"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." Ayn Rand

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »

And if the rowdy behavior is quelled, it will be said that no one is listening to the message because of the passive way it's being presented.  There's no point in paying attention to non-constructive criticism--the people dealing it out are grasping at whatever flimsy excuse they can find to keep from having to think about the way they live their unexamined little lives.

Wow. You really have a problem taking constructive criticism, don't you? You're just confirming the judgment of immaturity that others are putting on you.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:16 am »

Wow. You really have a problem taking constructive criticism, don't you? You're just confirming the judgment of immaturity that others are putting on you.

Plus I heard that the pot smoke is killing birds!
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything