Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: German wants to visit FSP/Manchester  (Read 7702 times)

wolfsen

German wants to visit FSP/Manchester
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:18 pm »

Hello,

I hope this is the right thread to place my request.

But first: My name is Wolf von Laer and I'm a student of political science and economics in Erfurt, Thuringa, Germany. In the moment I taking English classes to improve my english on an acedemic level to pass the TOEFL-exam, which I have to accomplish on the 25th of September.
Immediatly after this test I want to travel along the Eastcoast to see as much as I can of the (East) USA and to meet as much as possible new people. In additon to that I'm very interested in Libertariansm and I found the FSP really interesting and a great idea. It would be great if I can visit NH and get in touch with libertarians to learn more about this way of living, of the philosophy about the practical aspects et cetera.
Perhaps I will wirte an article about the FSP for the Thuringa FDP and the youth organisation of this party. (The FDP is a little bit libertarian, but the only party which is for less taxes, and a more free living, there aren't many libertarians in Germany :{ )

So, my question is if somebody of you is a couchsurfer (couchsurfer.org) and could offer me a place to stay for two or three nights or have another idea where I can stay in Manchester. My arrival would be at 12:30 a.m. I know that is not a good time, but the fastes way to start my travels.

You can find me on Couchsurfing and Facebook, when you search for Wolf von Laer. I would be very nice to visit the "live free or die state" and get in touch with more experienced libertarians.

Thank you and have a great day,

Wolf von Laer

cell: 202 550 0875

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: German wants to visit FSP/Manchester
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »

Did anyone contact you?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 11:48:00 pm »

We may be able to work something out.

wolfsen

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:31:46 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I write with Mark Warden, he is a welcome wagon volunteer, and he suggested me to write into this forum. So I did.

@ Rebel sounds good, but what do you mean exactly? When I have an idea where I will stay for a few days in Manchester I will book my flight.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 01:39:32 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I write with Mark Warden, he is a welcome wagon volunteer, and he suggested me to write into this forum. So I did.

@ Rebel sounds good, but what do you mean exactly? When I have an idea where I will stay for a few days in Manchester I will book my flight.
I'm not sure what Manchester has to offer right now regarding housing. There's couch space available in Seabrook but I would advise against it since I'm moving out soon. There may be an option in Portsmouth but I will have to get back to you on that.

wolfsen

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 10:39:49 am »

My flight is getting expensive. I search a place to stay via couchsurfing. Do you think there is a chance that I can get in touch with some FSP people when I'm in Manchester? That would be great. I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

wolfsen

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 05:12:18 pm »

So, I booked my flight. I will arrive on the 26Th of September at 9:30 a.m. in Manchester. I'm really looking forward to it and somehow I will find a place to stay. A nice guy, living in Manchester, asking around some Libertarians if I can stay somewhere. Otherwise I have to find a hostel or something.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 09:48:18 am »

Hey, why don't you come by Maxwell House in Seabrook to start with.  You can stay here for $15 a night, and I may even have a permanent room for you. (Won't know for a while.)

We're also holding Octoberfest '09 here on Saturday the 26th from 2pm-11pm, so you'll be able to show us how it's done.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

wolfsen

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 10:02:18 am »

Till now, I couldn't make something up and perhaps I have to get back to the tip about the Maxwell house! Octoberfest? Sounds fun, but you have to know that I'm not an Bavarian and I only experienced the Octoberfest once, but I like to drink beer (of course) and it would be even greater to drink beer with a group of Libertarians

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:11 pm »

So, I booked my flight. I will arrive on the 26Th of September at 9:30 a.m. in Manchester. I'm really looking forward to it and somehow I will find a place to stay. A nice guy, living in Manchester, asking around some Libertarians if I can stay somewhere. Otherwise I have to find a hostel or something.

Not that many hostels in NH.  There are people on couchsurfing.com though.

freedomroad

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:34 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure what Manchester has to offer right now regarding housing. There's couch space available in Seabrook but I would advise against it since I'm moving out soon. There may be an option in Portsmouth but I will have to get back to you on that.

Oh really, when are you moving out?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 03:28:33 pm »

Till now, I couldn't make something up and perhaps I have to get back to the tip about the Maxwell house! Octoberfest? Sounds fun, but you have to know that I'm not an Bavarian and I only experienced the Octoberfest once, but I like to drink beer (of course) and it would be even greater to drink beer with a group of Libertarians

That's once more than the rest of us.  Folks are welcome to stay here for free the night of a party, and subsequent nights are only $15 per day.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

wolfsen

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 01:50:36 pm »

Okay, I will come to the Octoberfest. Are there other ways to get in touch with you guys?

My primary goal in Manchester is to learn more about the FSP and Libertarianism. So it would be nice to meet with you.

Yeah, I'm still searching on couchsurfing and I know till Thursday if I can stay at a host's place.

wolfsen

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:26:30 am »

So, now I am in Manchester. I stay for some nights (depends on what is going on) at a host in the Lake Avenue, Manchester.

When something is going on please give me a call. I would like to meet with some FSPler..

202 550 0875

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:51 am »

All right, I'll call you and try and arrange a ride.

Yeah, there are tons of people in Manchester coming out to Octoberfest '09.  Anyone looking for details or directions can find them on facebook or at jeffersonforum.net

BTW, is there anyone in Manchester coming out to Seabrook who still has room in their car today?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:55:58 am by maxxoccupancy »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up