Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone in the Keene area with a pickup truck/trailer?  (Read 4281 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Anyone in the Keene area with a pickup truck/trailer?
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:54:56 am »

Naomi has just moved back to New Hampshire, but her parents want her out of the house (which she supplied the down payment for--they're douches), and she has like two truck loads of stuff (mostly furniture) that need to be moved out.  I have agreed to let her stay and find work out here on the seacoast, but grabbing all of her stuff has proven to big too big a challenge at the moment.  I'm willing to drive out and grab her, but arranging everything from this end has proven a bit difficult.

If there's anyone in the area who can at least hold her stuff for a few days, that would help out tremendously.  She's currently waiting at 59 prospect hill rd, walpole, nh

Please message me or reply and we'll work something out.  Thanks for any help.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

freedomroad

Re: Anyone in the Keene area with a pickup truck/trailer?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:59:53 pm »

I'd offer to help but at least one of my roommates has a negative opinion of you because you have said nasty things about the people in the Keene area many times, and I'm not in charge so I cannot make it happen.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:12:27 pm by Keith and Stuff »

TEBON

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:28:52 pm »

Unfortunate.  Sometimes you just burn the wrong bridges.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:13:16 pm »

Yep, too bad, because the gal who needs help didn't do anything.  Oh well :(
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »

Not sure what you guys are saying.  Is it that since Max has pissed you off/burned bridges/etc. in the past, then you will refuse to take part in anything that he sanctions? 

Are you going to withhold your assistance from this poor woman because it was Max who pointed out that she needs help?

Dave, are you going to boycott Wicked Wednesdays at La Festa too?   >:D

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:52:32 pm »

It's all good, I took care of the situation.

TEBON

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:56:39 am »

Absolutely true.  Does this girl have her heart set on the Seacoast or perhaps she can get to know some of the Keene activists.  Either way, I hope she makes new friends so that she doesn't have to rely on the help of people like Max.  Frankly, I can't even believe Max would ask for help from the same people he disrespects on a daily basis.

I'm not really sure that I want to hang out where he hangs out either.  If that means Whacked Wednesdays or whatever it is, so be it.

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:07:53 am »

I'm not really sure that I want to hang out where he hangs out either.  If that means Whacked Wednesdays or whatever it is, so be it.

Fortunately (for you), Max does not tend to hang out in Dover for Wicked Wednesdays.  I've seen him there once in the last year.  Also, he was recently talking about having another weekly meetup in the southern seacoast area.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 11:37:01 am »

I personally dislike a lot of the Keene activists because of the way so many behave on this forum.  It takes absolutely nothing to set some of those folks off. (You can literally repeat some of the things they've said about Keene city gov, and they blow up and deny what they've just told everyone else.  That's f'd up, bud.) 

Nevertheless, Naomi still has a truck load of stuff at her parent's house that she needs to get.  It's been really tough trying to get her back into New Hampshire (from New York City), but I've finally got her staying out here in Seabrook.  One more activist is a good thing, IMO, especially with a few wishy washy folks now moving out of the state (or dropping out of the effort).

BTW, I'll be hanging out with those cool seacoast folks tonight.  Anyone who hasn't met Naomi, she's plans to come up with me.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 01:15:02 pm »

Fortunately (for you), Max does not tend to hang out in Dover for Wicked Wednesdays.  I've seen him there once in the last year.  Also, he was recently talking about having another weekly meetup in the southern seacoast area.

maybe I should attend the Dover social if nothing else to meet the good activists of the seacoast area.

as for the move-in, I live about a minute from Max and I'd most definitely help move someone in.  I'm going to go out on a limb and presume I am unwelcome at the Seabrook residence of Max.  That's understandable, and just as understandable so too is it unfortunate. 

It's a sad thing anytime someone willing to help is turned away.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:20:31 pm by Anton Lee »

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 10:26:21 am »

Naomi still needs her stuff for her job.  Is there anyone out there willing to help out?  She can only stay in New Hampshire and telecommute if she has her gear for work.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 01:55:35 pm »

Just a reminder of when Max decided to group everyone in Keene together and proceed to burn all the bridges here at once.

From http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18794.msg223431#msg223431 :

Keene activists, in general, are jerks, and I don't like what they're doing to the movement...  From now on, I don't want any Keene activists or Keene-types hanging around at my house.  I don't even invite those folks over to my parties, and I definitely don't want them living at my place.

I feel sorry for Naomi and anyone else relying on Max for help.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:57:13 pm by FreeKeene.com's Ian »
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:00:22 pm »

Unfortunate, to be sure.

However, Max has gone so far as to violently threaten some individuals without any more provocation than providing factual information that happens to disagree with his unfounded opinions.

What options do we have?  "I'll help her move, but only if Max voluntarily submits to leaving his house and being locked up for the duration"...?

I'm not going to visit the house of someone who has made unprovoked threats against me and others.  Doubly not when that individuals is obvious unbalanced, so there's an overly-high chance that he might actually follow through on his threats on some sort of whim.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 05:24:33 pm »

Hey, it's time to put this one to bed.  There's no need to keep bringing this up.  If no one out there is willing to help her out, then so be it.

Just promote your own region.
Pages: [1]   Go Up