Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Security guards for U2 concert in Boston  (Read 8468 times)

LiftsBoxes

Security guards for U2 concert in Boston
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:06:19 am »

SM Security needs 50 security guards for the U2 concerts on the 20th and 21st of September.

These will be two long days and you will be standing much of the time.  The shifts will be from 8AM to 1AM on both days.  You need to be commit to both days to work this gig.

Pay is $9.00 per hour as an independant contractor.  Checks will be cut on the 28th of Sept for this work.

We will try and set up carpooling or a shuttle bus from Salem, NH to Foxboro / Gillette Stadium where the concert will be.

Attire is black dress pants (no jeans), black shoes, and a t-shirt.  A polo will be provided on site to wear over your t-shirt.

Email me as kirk@smsecurity.net with any questions.

First 50 qualified applicants to come by the SM offices to sign up will get the gig.  Alternates will be taken, but I can't make any promises for work availability.

SM Security
14 Stiles Ste 202
Salem, NH
www.smsecurity.net
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Security guards for U2 concert in Boston
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:23:39 am »

too bad i am busy that weekend at the apple festival
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:38:22 am »

Thanks for the tip.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:01 pm »

$9 cash?

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:55:31 pm »

26 hours at $9/hr?  That's aboot $230 gross.  Not bad for one weekend... while getting to be at a U2 concert for... freeee.... )D
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

m.sanstail

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:09:55 am »

26 hours at $9/hr?  That's aboot $230 gross.  Not bad for one weekend... while getting to be at a U2 concert for... freeee.... )D

8a to 1a, is 17 hours, times two days is 34 hours. And then at $9 per hour, it comes out to $306.

Oh, and U2 has never really been good.
The security place open Monday? If so, I'll head down there. $300 is a car payment that I can catch up on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:15:34 am by m.sanstail »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 07:46:21 pm »

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:13:19 pm »

The office is open on Tuesday.  Payment is by check to you as a contractor.  It's up to you to declare it under whatever aupices you choose.  I am not your lawyer or your accountant.

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 02:14:05 pm »

Are you sure this is from 8AM to 1AM?  That makes it a long day, so lots of money :)

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 09:15:11 am »

Yep, 8AM to 1PM is when they want us on site.  Long days, but good dinero' in a short period of time.  Some of the group will probably be right at the stage during the concert, keeping fans off of it.  Some probably screening backstage passes.  Some may be walking the crowd.  If they need us to re-arrange deck chairs, well, that could be done as well.  The 'official' description is 'Event Staff - Security.'

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:15 am »

If folks want to meet up at my place in Seabrook right before, that's cool.  Naomi has said that she's interested in doing the gig, but would need a ride with someone else who's going.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:18 pm »

there is some talk of a carpool from the coast ... you do have to come sign up in person before the gig

SM needs to know that it has enough people committed to work this event.

freedomroad

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 01:23:01 pm »

SM needs to know that it has enough people committed to work this event.

Did you try posting it here, http://nh.craigslist.org/
I mean, you have given freedom lovers six days to get things together and sign-up for the event.  If you don't have enough people yet, craigslist should help.

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »

Craigslist is like the genie in the bottle ... make sure you know what you want before you post a job on CL.  When we post security jobs there, we get 200+ responses in the first 36 hours usually. 

By the way, we do have sales jobs (commission only) and part-time security positions also available now.  Eventually the guard positions will require a NH, MA, or ME guard license ... but they can be started without that document ($40, a clean criminal record, and a trip to Concord).

If you need a job in NH, please call me or email me.  I may not be able to get you dream employment, but I can probably find you something. 

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »

If you need a job in NH, please call me or email me.  I may not be able to get you dream employment, but I can probably find you something. 

+10 for Boxes!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up