Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colleges  (Read 1910 times)

TexasFreethinker

Colleges
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:01:05 pm »

I like the idea of the FSP and will likely move to NH when I can. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good NH colleges? Unless I go to college in NH, then it will most likely be a couple of years before I can.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
Re: Colleges
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »

I like the idea of the FSP and will likely move to NH when I can. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good NH colleges? Unless I go to college in NH, then it will most likely be a couple of years before I can.

There all good because they are in NH :)  If you are ivy league material, Dartmouth is one of the top colleges in the world.  Otherwise, Keene and Manchester have a few colleges.  The main U of NH campus is in Durham.  There are other private and government colleges sprinkled throughout the state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_and_universities_in_New_Hampshire

There is also the second U of Mass college in Lowell just south of Nashua, NH.  The main campus is about an hour south of Keene near Northampton, MA.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:29:26 pm »

There's a FSP guy at PSU (Plymouth State) who has infiltrated  ;) the Young Republicans group in the area. Look for him on the forums:  Joey Dauben, I believe. 

Just get up here.  The education you'll receive by socializing with Free Staters and libertarians is something you can't get anywhere else.  That kind of education is priceless.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is correct, but I may be a little off on the details:

New England (Maine, NH, VT, Mass., CT, RI) have an agreement in place where by people residing in any of the six states for 1 year are considered "residents" of all six states for tuition purposes at all public universities/colleges.

So, if you move up to NH and spend a year there, you can also consider going to college in MA, VT, or Maine, and you would be paying in-state tuition.

Pages: [1]   Go Up